PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Jenny
05-07-2010, 07:27 PM
As for Jerri and Colby--several weeks ago, I saw a video interview of Jerri and Colby post-show. In the interview, they are sitting side-by-side. Jerri is leaning way over toward Colby and hardly takes her eyes off him; Colby mostly stares at his shoes. She flirts with him the whole time, telling him they'd make beautiful babies, and he just shakes his head at her, although he does seem a little more at ease with her than he's been in the past.

Soooo disappointing when I've been embracing the new Jerri and rooting for her. I was even ready to vote for her to win the fan favourite, if we have the chance. Sigh.

Colby's dismissiveness works for him, with a certain type of woman. I've known a few men in my life who played the strong silent type, and especially in an era when most people are so socially out there, it makes them more intriguing. People like Danielle and Jerri hope they will finally be the one that he allows in, to get close to him, to understand him blah blah barf.

I would think that Parvati would be minorly miffed that he's not giving her any attention, but too focused on gameplay to give it much thought beyond that.

Squibble
05-07-2010, 07:57 PM
I would think that Parvati would be minorly miffed that he's not giving her any attention, but too focused on gameplay to give it much thought beyond that.

I suspect that either La Belle Dame sans Merci Parvati hasn't chosen to use her charms on Colby or (much more likely) that she has done so successfully and this too has been edited out.

By the way, to those of you who think that any of the remaining contestants aren't thinking about the jury: This is All-Stars! They're all thinking about the jury, but some are doing so more clearly than others. ;)

Prancer
05-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Cause by that point, the leverage of saying "I was holding back" is gone. Especially if the jury is full of former tribemates who might have made it further in the game if he'd stepped it up a bit earlier on.

Ah, but Survivor is an individual game; other people are only there to help you get to the end.

But if that is Colby's strategy, it does make his self-righteousness about integrity even more grating. Why should Candice be any less proud of herself for doing what she thought she needed to do to get ahead at the expense of her tribe than Colby should for letting the others get picked off ahead of him?

I suspect that either La Belle Dame sans Merci Parvati hasn't chosen to use her charms on Colby or (much more likely) that she has done so successfully and this too has been edited out.

Someone on the Sucks board said something really interesting the other day about the editing. Apparently, Mark Burnett has said that he doesn't consider Survivor reality TV because it isn't about the reality of what went on, but is rather about the the story. I think that's why Survivor works so well and yet can be so frustrating. There's always a cohesive plot to Survivor that is missing in other reality shows, but so many things go on that aren't shown because they don't fit the story line (which is okay) or they have to choose to leave some things out because they don't have time to develop the subplot (which isn't because the subplot often explains some of the more inexplicable moves).

PeterG
05-07-2010, 09:18 PM
In regards to quitting challenges so quickly...

If I were to play Survivor, I'd be like Sandra and throw out any "moral" play. It's a chess game and there's no morals in chess, it's simply obliterating everyone else on the board.

So I would play REAL hard in immunity challenges when I felt threatened. However, if there were a challenge that I knew I could not win and I knew someone else had a CLEAR advantage...then as soon as Jeff offers me a cheeseburger, fries and Coke when I am HUNGRY... Well, there are youth reading this board, so I won't say what I would do for that food after quitting the challenge! :D

dbell1
05-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Thank you - I never read the comments so I didn't realize. Apologies to anyone who went over there and got spoiled, as I'm so rabid about not wanting spoilers :o

Oh heck, I didn't mean you. :lol: But people are deliberately spoiling in very odd spots and there's wars over on TWOP about it. I saw several spoilers in the main thread there last night before the mods edited them.

The Ponderosa vids are killing me. :rofl: Watching Coach get all "Dragonz" :hat1: is so much better than watching the show.

Glad to know the Colbster is actually not playing well on purpose. I was a huge fan in the Outback.

Brian
05-08-2010, 02:03 AM
CAN someone tell me if Sandra went back to read the clue she hid after she found the idol. Curious what the clue was about.

purple skates
05-08-2010, 02:21 AM
I didn't see her do that. They've been pretty mum on the idol since she found and hid it.

Eden
05-08-2010, 02:30 AM
It will be interesting to see how is Sandra going to use the HII, I just can see the :eek: faces of other survivors when she does that. :rofl:

IMO, she won't tell anyone she found it.
She plays solo, and so far this strategy served her well. Therefore, I don't see her going like Russel telling people she has it.

Prancer
05-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Those of you not watching the CBS vids are missing the most :eek::lol: Ponderosa ever:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=21Iu17vMS4nLeU57OKlbjveqJtvFKPiK&vs=homepage&play=true

KHenry14
05-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Those of you not watching the CBS vids are missing the most :eek::lol: Ponderosa ever:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=21Iu17vMS4nLeU57OKlbjveqJtvFKPiK&vs=homepage&play=true

OMG, there are no words.....:rofl:

Jenny
05-08-2010, 02:05 PM
CAN someone tell me if Sandra went back to read the clue she hid after she found the idol. Curious what the clue was about.

I don't think it was a clue. I think when you get an HII, it comes with instructions/rules on how to use it. I'm pretty sure I saw the green jade coloured thing with it, so Sandra got the actual idol.

Remember when JT wrote his love letter to Russell? It includes the instructions on how to use it (ie after a vote, before Jeff reads) because they weren't sure Russell would know the rules. :lol:

KikiSashaFan
05-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I would have given anything to be a fly on the wall when everyone from this season finally watched last season and saw Russell in action :rofl:

purple skates
05-08-2010, 03:41 PM

I think it's cute! They seem to be having so much fun. :lol:

Ares
05-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Random queston: Did Jerri and Shii Ann not get along in the first ASS?

I ask this because on the CBS website they ask each player who their least respected former Survivor is, and while most people said Johnny Fairplay or Corrine (the biatch from Gabon), Jerri said Shii Ann Huang from Thailand.

I liked Shii Ann, but she seemed to be a pretty middle of the road player. Not exactly the best, but not the worst either. To me she's basically known for being the victim of a game twist (the fake merge in Thailand) and then the badass way she called Amber out as the biggest threat in ASS (knowing she was going to be voted out unanimously, she declared the 1 vote not against her will be for who will win the game, which eventually proved true). Not really things that would put her on a list with Fairplay or Corrine.

genevieve
05-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I recall a lot of players really disliking Shii Ann, way out of proportion to anything we saw in either of her seasons, although I don't remember anything particular between Shii Ann and Jerri.