PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

genevieve
05-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Please don't talk about spoilers for F3 without tags. Just commenting how you feel about it gives us a good idea of who's there - or isn't :(

At first I thought Russell was pushing it too, but I think he saw his moment in having the Immunity Necklace. He can't save it for another day, so this might be the only TC where he was guaranteed safety and therefore had a bit of latitude to put a later plan into action now. Honestly it was brilliantly done - of course Parvati wouldn't buy it and would confront Danielle, but Russell must've seen that Danielle was on the point of losing it and wouldn't be able to defend herself.
I really don't believe that Russell planned to have Parvati speak with Danielle. the man was completely freaking out about that. But what the Russell haters can't deny is that the guy knows how to capitalize on situations and turn them around. I don't think he planned Danielle's meltdown at all - in fact it looked like (and based on deleted scenes/confessionals floating out there I believe it) Russell was planning to go with the original vote plan (Rupert) until Danielle let loose with the "We're closer than you think" line. but he knows how to make quick and cutthroat decisions and he knows where to go for backup (last week Candice, last night Jerri).

I fear for how much longer RUssell will make it in the game, and the general consensus around the net is that he von't get a single vote if he does end up in F3, but I have just been amazed at how well he turns tricky TC situations around. He is the most ballsy player the game has ever seen. The downside is that I think we're going to get player who imitate his style in future seasons and that will be tedious, but he's a huge reason this season has been so rockin'.

Oh Sandra, Sandra....how do I adore thee? her comments while voting for Candice were along the lines of "this is why you should have voted with the heroes last week. If you had, you wouldn't have to be going home tonight". If she can make it to the F3 she could have this great. She's been on the outside of all alliances since the merge, but has made some key moves to stay in the game. I think the Heroes on the jury will vote Colby or Rupert over most villains, but I don't think they want Colby to win - or Rupert, really.

skatecat
05-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I read that the Survivor finale is on May 16th, thus avoiding a conflict with the LOST finale on May 23rd.

Yay!

PeterG
05-07-2010, 04:33 PM
If someone could PM me the final three, I'd appreciate it. I'm googling it right now, but not having luck finding it...

:40beers:

Sassafras
05-07-2010, 04:37 PM
If someone could PM me the final three, I'd appreciate it. I'm googling it right now, but not having luck finding it...

:40beers:

Me,too. I think I know but can't find the link right now to verify. Thanks.

rjblue
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Please don't even talk about spoilers for F3 without tags. Just commenting how you feel about it gives us a good idea of who's there - or isn't :(Yep- I hit scroll as soon as I saw F3 in the post. I didn't look to see who posted it. Poster + knowing their favourites= being spoiled.

Not even vague references are acceptable in this thread please.

genevieve
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I read that the Survivor finale is on May 16th, thus avoiding a conflict with the LOST finale on May 23rd.

Yay!

YAY. That's a huge relief. The next 3 Sundays are going to be crazy (TAR, Survivor, then LOST/Celeb Apprentice).

Jenny
05-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I will never say never cause this is survivor, but Sandra is really sitting pretty right now. However, if she sticks with Parvati, then she is toast too.

Glad to see Jerri take a stand. I really didn't like her in S2- Outback. All-Stars she kind of was a bit player but I started to 'like' her. This season, she is just coasting but I think she is smart enough to know that the wind blows in all kinds of directions and the people who refuse to go with the flow, get voted out. Here's hoping that she lasts longer than Colby.

I don't think Sandra is "sticking" with anyone - it's not quite the same as before, but it's still "anyone but me." She has zero loyalties, and is one of the few players who seems to be able to play objectively.

There's no reason for her to align with Parvati at this point, unless she feels that she can get rid of Russell that way. And even there, looking at the end game, I'd much rather have Russell next to me than Parvati in final TC.

As for Jerri, I don't think she's totally sitting back. I think though that she's playing a very individual game - doing this to correct mistakes of the past, for a sense of personal achievement, and as a personal developmental journey. Sure, she'd like to win, but I get the feeling this is also about growth for her.

Please don't talk about spoilers for F3 without tags. Just commenting how you feel about it gives us a good idea of who's there - or isn't :(

ITA. We've all been talking long enough to know who likes which players (especially right after a post talking about that very subject), and some of us are Very Good Guessers.

After all this time, in this great season, for those of you who are spoiling, PLEASE DO NOT RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US.

I really don't believe that Russell planned to have Parvati speak with Danielle. the man was completely freaking out about that. But what the Russell haters can't deny is that the guy knows how to capitalize on situations and turn them around. I don't think he planned Danielle's meltdown at all - in fact it looked like (and based on deleted scenes/confessionals floating out there I believe it) Russell was planning to go with the original vote plan (Rupert) until Danielle let loose with the "We're closer than you think" line. but he knows how to make quick and cutthroat decisions and he knows where to go for backup (last week Candice, last night Jerri).

Good insights, thanks. Very interesting that Russell was going to go with Rupert, perhaps satisfied that he had caused discord, but was bold enough to jump on the opportunity, AND get Jerri to go along with it.

I've heard before that players say they rarely make decisions at TC, so a major switch here is quite significant.

Jenny
05-07-2010, 04:55 PM
With apologies, I've just put those of you who are spoiling on Ignore. I'm enjoying this season way too much to blow it now with some unintentional hint. Will remove everyone after the finale so we can continue to discuss :)

genevieve
05-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I didn't see anything where Russell flat out said that he was going to vote Rupert and switched, so that might not be tru - but it would explain why Russell reacted so strongly to Danielle's admission. If he was gonna vote for her anyway I think he'd have been more like "see? this is why you've got to go". I think he had decided to stick with the original plan to take his alliance further and let the seeds of doubt form a break to be leveraged later (keep in mind for all his evil-doing in the game, Russell was extremely loyal to his alliance last time...I think it took a lot for him to vote out someone he saw as a F3 partner and it was the realization that he was sitting in spot #3 in that alliance that did it).

I did see a video where Jerri said she switched at TC, and IIRC it was the first time Russell had said anything to her about voting Danielle (even though we saw Parvati warning Jerri about it so it must have been in her mind at least a little).

genevieve
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
With apologies, I've just put those of you who are spoiling on Ignore. I'm enjoying this season way too much to blow it now with some unintentional hint. Will remove everyone after the finale so we can continue to discuss :)

I can't put anyone on ignore, so just DON'T POST SPOILERS.

ETA: Jeff's blog from last night's ep is really interesting. he talks a lot about the emotional and physical exhaustion that comes from playing Survivor, especially for Russell doing back to back seasons. Probst is prone to giving hints about what's next, and this entry contains some possible foreshadowing (not actual spoilers), but it's a good read.

dbell1
05-07-2010, 05:34 PM
A reminder for the folks reading Jeff's blog and wanting to stay unspoiled - DO NOT READ the comments. There's people posting boot orders AND F3 in there along with details. :angryfire

That said, I'm still :wall: at Colby jumping off the box for donuts - is he after a Dunkin' Donuts endorsement? :P

Jenny
05-07-2010, 05:53 PM
A couple of interesting vids on cbs.com - seems they might have been pursuing a storyline they didn't air, as there are confessionals from Russell and Sandra that are specifically about Colby, and essentially the same angle: that Danielle and Jerri are smitten with him, and he's working them. :eek:

Danielle maybe, but I didn't expect that from Jerri. Maybe she hasn't grown as much as we think. Goes a long way to explaining why they wanted Candice out.

Sandra said she told Colby he was doing a good job playing the girls and letting Rupert blow smoke, and he apparently said "oh I know." She also said that Parvati was well aware of what was happening.

So perhaps I've been wrong about Colby all along. I've got to think this doesn't really affect the game though, because to date the focus has been on Colby checking out, not playing. If it's the opposite, then it's a serious misedit.

And :lol: at the Dragonz video and Courtney channeling Debbie Harry!

genevieve
05-07-2010, 06:10 PM
A reminder for the folks reading Jeff's blog and wanting to stay unspoiled - DO NOT READ the comments. There's people posting boot orders AND F3 in there along with details. :angryfire

Thank you - I never read the comments so I didn't realize. Apologies to anyone who went over there and got spoiled, as I'm so rabid about not wanting spoilers :o

Sandra said she told Colby he was doing a good job playing the girls and letting Rupert blow smoke, and he apparently said "oh I know." She also said that Parvati was well aware of what was happening.
I thought that was interesting - Jeff also says in his blog that Colby has had some decent strategy this season but has been inconsistent. I think they just chose to follow the storyline that he's been doing nothing.

I thought Sandra's video about the ladies following Colby around was funny - and it puts a different spin on Colby not wanting to get involved in the HII catfight.

Prancer
05-07-2010, 07:08 PM
There's no reason for her to align with Parvati at this point, unless she feels that she can get rid of Russell that way.

I think that Sandra would align with Satan if it meant she could finally get rid of Russell. Sandra doesn't pretend to play a moral game.

I thought that was interesting - Jeff also says in his blog that Colby has had some decent strategy this season but has been inconsistent. I think they just chose to follow the storyline that he's been doing nothing.

This is spoiler stuff from before the season started, but does not affect gameplay. Colby has supposedly been holding back and playing UTR on purpose.

I thought Sandra's video about the ladies following Colby around was funny - and it puts a different spin on Colby not wanting to get involved in the HII catfight.

Did you see Colby's vid last week where he explained his side of what happened? It's pretty :lol:. He said he was half-asleep and having this fantasy that there were two almost naked girls wrestling in their underwear at the foot of the bed and he was kinda into it, then woke up and realized that Amanda and Danielle were trying to kill each other.

As for Jerri and Colby--several weeks ago, I saw a video interview of Jerri and Colby post-show. In the interview, they are sitting side-by-side. Jerri is leaning way over toward Colby and hardly takes her eyes off him; Colby mostly stares at his shoes. She flirts with him the whole time, telling him they'd make beautiful babies, and he just shakes his head at her, although he does seem a little more at ease with her than he's been in the past.

I've been expecting Australia Redux ever since, but I guess it isn't going to unfold that way or we would have seen more of it. Interesting that it's there but not enough to be a storyline.

I also think Colby tends to be dismissive of women, but I think it's interesting that all of the women on the Heroes tribe complained at some point about being dismissed by the men on the tribe--and Colby's name was never mentioned. It was always JT and Rupert, and to a lesser degree, James. But Colby? I don't think he was ever mentioned in that context.

genevieve
05-07-2010, 07:22 PM
This is spoiler stuff from before the season started, but does not affect gameplay. Colby has supposedly been holding back and playing UTR on purpose.
I saw a vid last night of Colby talking about the 2nd IC, and he started by saying "this is one I didn't throw", which made me think he's been deliberately doing poorly in challenges all season. Which would be a way to change it up I guess (and maybe was the reason he stepped off so early in the other IC), but it only works if at some point he rips off the Clark Kent outfit and starts kicking ass. And when better to do that than when his alliance is down to 2 and he's on the line? Is he waiting until Rupert's gone and he HAS to go on a streak to stay in the game? Cause by that point, the leverage of saying "I was holding back" is gone. Especially if the jury is full of former tribemates who might have made it further in the game if he'd stepped it up a bit earlier on.