PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

BaileyCatts
05-07-2010, 02:37 AM
what's up with Danielle's upper lip? it's disgusting, I hope they vote her out just so I don't have to look at it

:confused: Of course I didn't tape. I don't know what you mean? I don't recall anything weird? But they are all kinda grungy looking so maybe I didn't notice. :lol: Can anyone make a screen shot from their DVR or however people do that?

Prancer
05-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Rupert made a smart move :eek:. I didn't know he had it in him. But my, how easily he surrendered his moral objections to Russell's game play after thinking the Villians shouldn't want anything to do with Russell.

Why is Colby there?

I guess the Parvati/Russell relationship has just come to an end. Ha! That Russell thinks getting rid of Danielle will mean Parvati will run back to his side. More like Parvati is going to be looking for a new alliance.

sk8er1964
05-07-2010, 02:58 AM
Parvarti and Jerri ftw! :P

smurfy
05-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Love the episode.
Glad to see Candice and Danielle gone.
Funny how I want to either see Russell get blindsided or make it to the end. Either is entertaining. Right now there are several if they win, I would be fine - Russell, Sandra, Parvarti, Jerri and even Colby.
I know Colby seems to be passive, but he keeps surviving, thought he was done right after Tom, and now this.
Rupert - please lose. He is showing some smarts, but the discussion with Russell over honor and crap. Please gag me.
Interesting development in the TC- I think Russell may have a target on his back. If Parvarti and Sandra team up - watch out.

dbell1
05-07-2010, 03:28 AM
That was fun. :lol:

Can someone explain to me why Jeff pulls out food and 2 people bolt the immunity challenge after 1 MINUTE? :eek: And then Colby jumps after 20 for donuts? Are they really worth $1M? If I were Parvarti, I'd be ticked. They all sat there eating and watched her go against someone who lasted 6 hours in that challenge before AND wanted immunity. She's lucky he slipped.

Sandra is my favorite at this point. She's hiding the idol, staying out of the :argue: and laying in wait like a viper. :cheer2:

If Rupert and Colby go in with Little Russ next week, I will hunt them both down and slap them. Colby may go flying if I do that though. I've see skeletons with more body fat. :yikes:

Oh, and FYI - avoid the comments on Jeff's Blog over on EW.com - people are posting the F3. :wall:

Sparks
05-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Dear Sandra,
I love you more and more each week.
You are the most deserving.
Love,
Sparks, Survivorfan

Prancer
05-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Can someone explain to me why Jeff pulls out food and 2 people bolt the immunity challenge after 1 MINUTE? :eek:

I figure Sandra knew she wouldn't win anyway; Sandra's game is never about winning immunity :). And Russell at that point thought he was mostly in control of the game, so why waste the energy?

And then Colby jumps after 20 for donuts

Now that I don't understand, especially considering that that immunity challenge took place the day after Amanda's boot and he had just had a really good meal during the Treasure Island reward (it wasn't shown, but they did get a big dinner as part of that reward). I guess he figured it was all on Rupert, either way? Who did he think would have been the most likely boot if Rupert had won immunity?

They all sat there eating and watched her go against someone who lasted 6 hours in that challenge before AND wanted immunity.

Wasn't it Parvati who lasted six hours before and Rupert something like two? That might have made some of them figure that there wasn't much point, so why not eat something? But still--Parvati could have had a bad day. Rupert could have had a good one.

genevieve
05-07-2010, 05:28 AM
wheeee, this season just keeps getting better and better.

No matter what you think of Russell, I think he spoke for most of us when he said "You're a dumbass, Rupert"

I'm glad we had 2 immunity challenges...from the promos I was afraid it would be a double elimination and I don't like those.

I see why Sandra stepped off right away - she wasn't going to win, might as well eat. Russell clearly felt safe and perhaps was thinking of getting some strength for the next IC. It was an odd choice for Colby to step off so soon, but he is just wasting away...poor dude really needs the food. If I were Parvati I'd have been pissed that both Danielle and Candice left her up there, but maybe they did some more whispering we didn't see.

Good for Sandra for finding the HII and rehiding it (although I wonder if someone else might find it later). Better for Rupert for thinking to hide a rock in his pocket - played right into Russell's paranoia. The Villains' plan was smart and not OTT...they would either flush the idol or send a Hero home. Good for Colby :eek: for pulling a Sandra and eavesdropping on the idea that Candice might be the other target (and Jerri had a point that she was dangerous to keep around). See? it's not that hard to be sneaky, boys.... :lol:

Wow, Candice's face when she realized the votes were coming her way - she got very red. But she had a good spin on it after, she doesn't seem bitter. Oh and Colby? STFU with your self-righteous voting speech.

I love Sandra. LOVE HER. She is playing so smart right now. She's at the bottom of an alliance, totally underestimated by everyone, and as Jeff said, the only person to defy Russell and not draw his immediate wrath.

WTF Russell :lol: Dude, way to completely botch your sweet position in the game. He made that move way too soon, and with the wrong person. Love when Parvati heard his spiel and immediately says she's going to ask Danielle about it. Russell was spinning his wheels so fast it was hilarious. "PARVATI, STAY AWAY FROM THAT CURTAIN!! OBEY ME OR YOU WILL BE VOTED OUT NEXT!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" (that didn't even work on Jerri - I almost feel bad for Russell, he doesn't know what to do in a non-DAG alliance)

I thought that Russell's plan was sunk for sure at TC, as he definitely got called out. And then Danielle goes and completely out-Amandas Amanda and falls into a million pieces :fragile: for no good reason. She probably was still safe at that moment, until she had to pull the "Parvati totally likes ME better than YOU, nyah nyah nyah..." Russell perked up at that, but I think that's what got Jerri to change her vote.

of course, if Russell didn't have such a crush on Parvati, he would have realized that SHE is the threat and to break that dyad up he should have gone after Parv, not Danielle. But considering that he honestly thought splitting them up would make Parv toe the line, I don't think he sees parvati clearly at all.

I'm not sure what I am hoping for next week. I want Russell to stay in the game, but barring immunity I don't know how he's going to manage it, unless Jerri sticks with her decision tonight and tries to take Parvati's place as Russell's #2. I hate the idea of Rupert and Colby getting even further in the game though.

Good riddance to Danielle, her weird lip, and her tragic boob job. Hopefully she and Amanda can practice sulking together at Ponderosa.

ps - I love Sandra :)

Prancer
05-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Russell was spinning his wheels so fast it was hilarious. "PARVATI, STAY AWAY FROM THAT CURTAIN!! OBEY ME OR YOU WILL BE VOTED OUT NEXT!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

:lol:

of course, if Russell didn't have such a crush on Parvati, he would have realized that SHE is the threat and to break that dyad up he should have gone after Parv, not Danielle. But considering that he honestly thought splitting them up would make Parv toe the line, I don't think he sees parvati clearly at all.

That's true, but he needed one more vote, which meant he had to have Jerri or Sandra. Jerri isn't likely to boot Parvati; she's always been loyal to those who are loyal to her. And Sandra is one of the reasons that Parvati didn't get booted earlier; she and Courtney refused to boot Parvati, which is why all the "we have to get Parvati out" schemes never worked out.

Russell also might be thinking that Parvati is a past winner and the conventional wisdom has been that no one will vote for someone who has already won the game. But I don't think Russell could beat anyone. Even Rupert, who is pretty much disliked by all, could beat Russell, who is totally despised by all.

Ares
05-07-2010, 06:30 AM
but I think that's what got Jerri to change her vote.That was a good move for her IMO. Everyone always talks about the Big 3 alliance, when Jerri was very much a solid member as well. She had to break it up and this was the perfect chance.

"Get your tye dye ready, because you are going home" :lol:. That confrontation was so :rolleyes:. We get it, you're the good guy, your fan money will be here soon, settle down.

I'm on the fence about Colby. I mostly want him to win because he deserved it in Australia, but I don't know if I want him to win like this. This season has been what it is because of the villians, and I'm hoping one of them win it.

Ares
05-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Russell also might be thinking that Parvati is a past winner and the conventional wisdom has been that no one will vote for someone who has already won the game.And at this point, Russell is the only one who can play the "they don't need the money" card, as every other cast member at one point or another had a million dollars.

Sandra, Rupert, and Parvati either won or was given a million through the show. Colby and Jerri were popular in the height of Survivor's ratings getting them endorsement deals and Playboy spreads. Nobody on this season would know that Russell is a millionaire on his own either.

But you're right, there's no way he's going to win.

genevieve
05-07-2010, 07:22 AM
I'm on the fence about Colby. I mostly want him to win because he deserved it in Australia...
Disagree. He was the brawn, but Tina was the brains behind that alliance. And as Jerri said as she cast her vote in the final TC, the very fact that she got Colby to bring her instead of the universally despised Keith to the finals with him proved that she deserved to win. Sometimes I think Tina is even more overlooked than Sandra as a winner :lol:

... but I don't know if I want him to win like this.

Colby has been flat out pathetic as a player this season. I felt bad for the abuse he got from others in the early part of the season - especially Tyson's aside calling him a 'woman', and all of James' bs - but Colby has been mostly terrible in challenges, completely terrible in strategy, and telling his alliance mate to give the HII clue to the enemy was completely boneheaded

ETA: I'm trying to find the date for the finale and all I could find was an article from March saying it would be announced late April. We're down to 6, which means we should go down to 5 next Thurs, and then have the finale on the 16th where 2 are eliminated and we've got the F3, right? I'm just really hoping the finale isn't on 5/23.

He seems like a nice guy, but even if he did had won in Australia, his performance on this season has been so lame I would expect the producers to ask for his S2 winnings back.

Jenny
05-07-2010, 01:56 PM
This season is just too delicious! Sooo glad that Candice and Danielle are gone; would have been perfect if Colby was gone too, leaving only the players who are actually *playing.*

At first I thought Russell was pushing it too, but I think he saw his moment in having the Immunity Necklace. He can't save it for another day, so this might be the only TC where he was guaranteed safety and therefore had a bit of latitude to put a later plan into action now. Honestly it was brilliantly done - of course Parvati wouldn't buy it and would confront Danielle, but Russell must've seen that Danielle was on the point of losing it and wouldn't be able to defend herself.

Rupert and Colby had no choice to go with it as their best move. I give Colby points for figuring out that Candice was going to therefore assuring that someone other than one of them went home (I wonder if Rupert told him it was a rock), but then again, it's his third time playing, it's season 20, so DUH.

Also, I don't think Colby's that nice a guy. Not overtly not nice, but his dismissal of women annoys me and makes me wonder what he's like in RL.

If Rupert is going with Russell, I don't really blame him at this point, because he might be feeling morally that it's the only route for the good guys to get to the end, and beat Russell in the final TC.

Jerri! Rock and roll - she chose Russell over Parvati! Why, because as we've seen this Jerri is older and wiser, and sees that she's #4 or #3 at best with Parvati, but could be #2 with Russell.

I don't think Russell thinks he's winning back Parvati. I think he knows that she's a major threat at final TC, and that if he has a chance at winning against anybody, it's going to be Colby and maybe Rupert if people vote for gameplay over so-called integrity (plus they might assume he's getting the fan vote, and might even resent it). He's underestimating Sandra, but also probably figures he can beat Jerri as well.

So Parvati has now lost control of the game completely - with no Danielle, Jerri having played her hand, no relationship with Rupert and Colby, and Sandra never a sure thing, she's on her own. But she's a challenge threat, so look out.

As for Sandra, she's playing BRILLIANTLY. Her vote for Rupert will not cost her at all - she hasn't pissed off the Villains, and the Heroes can hardly fault her for staying with her alliance. No one is mad at her, and in fact, Rupert is probably on her side for her attempt to help him earlier, and he won't blame her for voting for him. And no one is targeting her! A former winner! And she's got that II for the right moment! And she's done enough strategizing that she can make a good case at final TC, *with* a good chunk of her former alliance sitting on the jury.

In fact, I think at this point, Sandra is the only one thinking about the jury.

Twilight1
05-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Ya, I saw through that thing with Russell too. He knew that Parvati would go running to Danielle and with Dani gone, Parvati is screwed. I will never say never cause this is survivor, but Sandra is really sitting pretty right now. However, if she sticks with Parvati, then she is toast too.

Glad to see Jerri take a stand. I really didn't like her in S2- Outback. All-Stars she kind of was a bit player but I started to 'like' her. This season, she is just coasting but I think she is smart enough to know that the wind blows in all kinds of directions and the people who refuse to go with the flow, get voted out. Here's hoping that she lasts longer than Colby.

Colby- dude has to go...but after Parvati lol!!

Twilight1
05-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Okay I just read the spoilers for F3 and all I got to say is BOOOOOOOO! (well except for a couple things that I saw that wasn't that bad)