PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

victorskid
02-12-2010, 02:55 AM
Well, the annoying, crying Sugar is gone!!

dbell1
02-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Finally - they didn't vote off the strongest players, they voted off the crier. However, Sugar :kickass: in the 1st challenge! I was giggling at her going "um, no top, no problem".

:yikes: @ the shoulder for Steph. That's one tough woman!

Coach and Jerri with the showmance? Ick. Hope there's lots of room for ego on that beach. :P

FiveRinger
02-12-2010, 03:20 AM
As usual, Survivor doesn't disappoint.

The first challenge was absolutely brutal.

Boston Rob isn't my favorite, but thank Jesus that someone learned how to make fire without flint. In 20 seasons, it's about damn time!!!

Coach and his idol worship of Rob is disgusting.

I hate to admit it, but I was rooting for the villains in the immunity challenge. That was a hell of a comeback.

I started to have a panic attack when they Tom mentioned voting off Cirie. I definitely didn't want her to go first. I would have gotten rid of Rupert. This is her 3rd time playing and he couldn't build a fire with flint? And he broke his toe? Come on!

I won't miss Sugar at all. I can't wait to see Randy's response to that!!!

Gotta love Tyson. He's never at a loss for words!

The previews for next week are scary. I hope Rob was okay. I don't want him to win, but I don't want him to go out like that.

Habs
02-12-2010, 03:50 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Colby can play every season... :swoon:

dbell1
02-12-2010, 03:55 AM
<<Wondering if Rupert smuggled the chickens in with his beard? :shuffle:

Verbalgirl77
02-12-2010, 04:03 AM
That promo...Save Rob! :drama:

Erica Lee
02-12-2010, 04:24 AM
I haven't watched for years either but had it on tonight and enjoyed it a lot, so I might be "back" this season.

The preview looked freaky. Not good! I hope it was editing/drama and it ends up being nothing. Rob is good for a lot of entertainment.

The chickens tonight, my goodness! That was brilliant.

Habs
02-12-2010, 04:48 AM
J.T. = future Mr. Habs. ;)

I yelled out loud when they put Stephenie's shoulder back in. Ouch... I'm not a fan but that girl has guts!

Lacey
02-12-2010, 05:14 AM
Great show, great showing.

Ares
02-12-2010, 05:28 AM
I love Stephenie. Always have, always will. :cheer:

Didn't recognize Danielle and only slightly remember Candice. All I can remember about Candice is some dude on her season thought they were deeply in love when they hardly knew eachother. I didn't think she made it that far to be considered an All Star though.

Colby's denial of Sugar's advances had me cracking up. Man needs his sleep.

genevieve
02-12-2010, 06:22 AM
You forgot Jerri Manthey, she wasn't that good in the first place and certainly didn't deserve a third chance.
But she is definitely the first and foremost Villain of the whole series. and I actually don't mind Jerri that much; I think she's mellowed with age and accepts her role with humor.

Skupin also killed the pig (which PETA got mad about) which combined with getting burned made him notable. But according to Probst, that doesn't make him a "Hero".
Then Probst is an idiot.

I think they are playing fast and loose with the hero/villain labels as it is.

Agreed. I wouldn't put Stephenie on the Heroes side, for instance. Or Amanda or James for that matter - the last two I wouldn't call villains either but I think they were shoe-horned onto the Heroes tribe as an excuse to get them on the show a third time. I wouldn't call Candice a Hero, and I can't remember anything about Danielle so I have no idea why she's considered a Villain.

Glad Sugar got the boot - she is annoying and a poor player, but most importantly it kept the other people I like from getting targeted! Gotta love Tom - he's completely right about Cirie but please don't let the others listen to him! of course Cirie picked up on the Tom/Steph connection in the same way but I find it interesting that she was gunning for Steph. I don't think anyone mentioned eliminating Tom, even though he's clearly the brains of that duo. Lividmanda has already started with the crocodile tears during TC - Probst must have confused her into thinking she is already playing to the jury :lol:

That first challenge was brutal. I saw several instances of people putting their hands or feet in another person's throat. I can't believe Probst didn't set some rules :eek:

Those chickens were TOTALLY planted! :rofl: I'm so sure.....

Loved seeing Sandra and Boston Rob working so well together on the puzzle. Dare I say it? Boston Rob has mellowed and is almost enjoyable. Of course, based on the preview, I'm guessing that aliens have taken over him. Oh Rupert...I suspect he is not long for this season, and that's a ok with me. And Oh Russell...he comes in and knows he doesn't have a group of sheep who will just blindly follow him - and yet immediately starts running his alliance-with-everyone schemes that this group is going to see right through. No wonder he looked so down and out at the last finale.

Coach and Jerri? :scream: So I guess Coach isn't still with the woman who was made to stand up at the finale and defend her love for him? :lol:

I just realized that the wretched Jenna Morasca isn't there! :cheer2: My interest in the season just went up by a lot.

KHenry14
02-12-2010, 07:34 AM
I just realized that the wretched Jenna Morasca isn't there! :cheer2: My interest in the season just went up by a lot.

I'm sure Jenna wouldn't want to leave Ethan while he's dealing with his cancer, seeing that's exactly why she quit ASS the first time. And seeing how Probst hates Fairplay for quitting, I'm not sure how excited they would be to have her back anyway.

Jenny
02-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed that - while it's fun to have all new people, it's a great help when you already know all 20 of them (well 19 - still can't remember a single thing about Danielle). Arguments about who should be there and who shouldn't aside, we have them now and it's a great cast.

Love the references to James' size as he ripples his way around camp. Love the bits of hero worship among them - speaking for all of us at home I think.

Love that Russell is already at it, employing his only slightly modified Dumb Brunette strategy. He knows full well that Parvati is smarter than that though, and my guess is while he does still believe he can control women to an extent, having a social mover like her on board is an advantage. I bet he's already thinking ahead to Amanda and Cirie with that move.

Interesting that there was no discussion of Russell's advantage/disadvantage situation.

Glad that some of you are coming on board the Rob Bus! FINALLY a Survivor who can make fire from nothing, and what a great juxtaposition with Tied Dyed One (who shall remain nameless as I am hopeful he will no longer be a factor sooner than later), who apparently can't make a fire (or a shelter, lest we forget) from anything.

But what's this? How could my Rob be passing out cold just a few days in? He's in great shape, and knows his way around. Gotta be a red herring, no? Any chance that he's faking it? Would it be too much to ask that he's drawing everyone, including the cameras, away from camp so that Russell can search for HIIs?

And how much do I love love love JT! Favourite Survivor of all time I think, especially now that I see him again:swoon: and find that he is just as likeable as before, and am reminded that he's also very smart. And already dominating at challenges, already having everyone come to him wanting to make alliances, and his name not coming up once in TC discussions. How blind are these people? He's a triple threat, and yet so charming they all just want to be around him, and I'd say there's a good possibility that they will happily write him a cheque for a million dollars by the time this is over.

WHY did the discussion land on Stephenie and not Tom? I certainly see them both as threats and having to be broken up, but why go after the one with no friends and let the one who will likely make friends with everyone and has a million dollars in the bank stay?

Once Cirie figures out Tom is targeting her, he's toast. She's already working her magic, but smartly knows when to step back. Boooo to Jeff for pointing out how she just gets better and better at this game.

Coach and Jerri - barf.

I know y'all hate Tyson, but I think it's clear why he's there - aside from being a great player (social and physical), he's hysterical! I'm really glad to see him back and very much look forward to being entertained by his commentary and game play.

Sandra and Rob getting along - love it! Wouldn't have thought it before, but it makes a lot of sense now that I see it. It's been so long since we've seen Sandra, even if most of us have long appreciated her game play, but I'm now reminded of why she did so well, and am loving her 'tude already.

For some reason I see Randy and Courtney making friends.

Candice and Colby are not really factors for me at this point - I'm neutral on both, although I did find Colby's shunning of Sugar hilarious.

So who left? Oh yeah Sugar. I've already forgotten her. :)

:rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin::rollin:

Prancer
02-12-2010, 02:40 PM
WHY did the discussion land on Stephenie and not Tom? I certainly see them both as threats and having to be broken up, but why go after the one with no friends and let the one who will likely make friends with everyone and has a million dollars in the bank stay?

I'm thinking they want to keep Tom over Stephenie for strength, since the Villian tribe is prettywell-balanced with the Heroes strengthwise.

Jenny
02-12-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm thinking they want to keep Tom over Stephenie for strength, since the Villian tribe is prettywell-balanced with the Heroes strengthwise.

meh, if so not so smart. Stephenie is also very strong, and determined, but IMO poses far less a threat because it's Tom who is going to make friends, and it's Tom who has already won.