PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Prancer
05-01-2010, 05:11 AM
^^ Thanks. didn't remember that part. I was thinking that was where she found the idol. How do you guys remember all this stuff from past seasons. I can't even remember the names of the ones on this season. :lol:

I've thought about Amanda digging that trench a lot the past two seasons. She had to work so hard for it; it must kill her to watch Russell pick up a rock and there's an idol.

Ares
05-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Looking at the breakdown of the of 3peats it looks like (assuming the next vote is day 33), Parvati will tie Amanda in most days played.

1.*Parvati 36+39+33 = 108
1. Amanda 39+39+30 = 108
3.*Rupert 27+37+33 = 97
4.*Colby 42+19+33 = 94
5. Ciri 36+38+11 = 85
6.*Jerri 27+24+33 = 84
7. Boston Rob 21+39+18 = 78
8. James 30+31+15 = 76
9. Stephenie 30+39+6 = 75

*still in game

Jenny
05-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Interesting interview with JT on ew.com. He says his comment about never trusting women was directed at the women in his own alliance - he was thinking at the time that one of them blabbed the plan to the Villains.

He also defended writing his love letter to Russell, but said it was harsh watching it being read on the show last week. He also complimented Parvati's play.

I still love him, even if he :duh::wall::duh::wall: x1000 - and he was absolutely right about the women of his tribe, because Amanda and Candice blew it for the Heroes.

I also still think he's a very smart player. This time around, having already won a million and being a great challenge player, he knew he would be a target from the start, and yet managed to last this long. He also knew - and this is the critical point IMO - that if he was up against Parvati or some of the others in the end, he'd need to cite some big moves to justify his win. He took a risk - as many of them have done this season - and it didn't work.

But he still has a million dollars folks!

I disagree with the theory that she is going to have some loyalty to Parvati for giving her one of the idols. Sandra is smart enough to know that Parvati used those idols on Jerri and her to save herself more than she did to help Sandra or Jerri

snip

At this point, I'm rooting for Sandra to win. I love for an underdog to come back from supposed defeat. She's been underestimated and she's going to open up a can of whoop-ass on everybody. Can't wait!

Ding! You had it right - Sandra has loyalty to no one but herself, never has, so the idea that she would suddenly be indebted to Parvati just didn't make any sense. Jerri however had her hand on Parvati's knee for the rest of TC, and we know she's been on the fence with her previously, so it should work. Plus Colby continues to treat her like crap, so f*ck'em, right?

Also, to your point about Sandra being underestimated - her season being so long ago seems to be working to her advantage, and I bet some of the younger players never even saw it. No one seems to be remembering that she won a million dollars.

Wow, that fight between Amanda and Danielle was ridiculous.

I love how Colby was the dad. And shocked when he told Amanda to give it back to Danielle....and even more shocked when Amanda actually listened. At least read it aloud so everyone knows the clue. It was all very uncomfortable to watch.

I agree with Jerri and Sandra that Colby has no personality, in fact no substance at all. Physically, he's one of those guys, and there have been many on Survivor, who look buff, but are actually not as fit as many of their scrawnier counterparts (ie someone like Tyson). He's been useless at pretty much all the challenges.

Then, he's in a bed with two hot babes, then they get into a babe fight (notably filmed in classic trashy reality show fashion), and he barely notices. Honestly, is there any man, straight or gay, who would have been that dead throughout that sequence?

And then he doesn't side with his teammate!! WTF?? Agree with others here and Jeff - the solution would have been for all three to read the clue, then every player for themselves back at camp. Just shows how checked out of the game he is, and that he's only being dragged along by others.

Where has Jenny been? Did she stop watching? I don't recall seeing her post after the last 2 episodes. I miss her commentary :(

(((((I missed y'all too))))) I've been away on holiday - my 25th anniversary! - so only watched the last two eps last night. :)

Squibble
05-03-2010, 03:25 PM
The systematic dismantling of Russell's ego by Parvati and Sandra, who are coming at him from very different directions, is one of the best storylines ever on Survivor. It goes a long way to explaining why he was in tears at last season's reunion, which was filmed just after the filiming for this season wrapped up. He was starting to look scared in this past episode. I'd love to see him in a Final Three with Parvati and Sandra, just to see how far his meltdown will go.

:watch:

Jenny
05-03-2010, 03:39 PM
It goes a long way to explaining why he was in tears at last season's reunion, which was filmed just after the filiming for this season wrapped up. He was starting to look scared in this past episode.

Good point - it was like he was a different person, and at the time I assumed he was crestfallen from realizing that he wasn't going to win. Mind you, while he had played his own season, he hadn't actually seen it - but might have had some sense from seeing everyone again which way it was going to go.

But of course you are right, he'd just come back from THIS season! Right now, he's still in pretty good shape IMO - pissed at Parvati's grandstanding and secrecy, but he turned around and found the next idol (vintage Russell), and for the first time didn't tell anyone about it.

He also did some great work with Candice, which I don't think Parvati had any part of. Had he not secured her, Sandra would have flipped and one of his tribe would be gone, leaving the Heroes with the advantage. Parvati may have made the big move last week (with help from Amanda), but this week the key player was Russell IMO.

genevieve
05-03-2010, 07:47 PM
But he still has a million dollars folks!
To me, JT is a LOT like Boston Rob. He's naturally very good at a lot of things, both physical and mental, and he's likeable. He's not as cut-throat manipulative as Rob is, but the flip side is that people like him that much more - I think that is why he has a million dollars and Rob only married a million dollars. What I would say for both of them, though, is that in their best seasons (First ASS for Rob), they got where they did because the rest of the players played extremely stupidly and didn't break up a really obvious power couple when given the chance. I'll grant each of them that they both had the personality skills to keep their alliance mate with them, but if they had been playing with savvier players, I don't think either would have made it as far as they did (this is actually a compliment, especially for Rob - the first ASS included a lot of return players who apparently thought they were participating in the Survivor version of Battle of the Network Stars and Rob came in one of the few people truly hungry for a win).

Also, to your point about Sandra being underestimated - her season being so long ago seems to be working to her advantage, and I bet some of the younger players never even saw it. No one seems to be remembering that she won a million dollars.
I think she's also taking advantage of the public perception that her "anyone but me" strategy was more luck than work to keep the target off her back. She's a real smartypants, that one.

FiveRinger
05-04-2010, 02:17 AM
I think she's also taking advantage of the public perception that her "anyone but me" strategy was more luck than work to keep the target off her back. She's a real smartypants, that one.

This week, I decided to rent Survivor: Pearl Islands just to get a refresher on things. Rupert is more intelligent than many are giving him credit for this season. Having been picked on as a kid and always seeking acceptance of others, he's extremely perceptive to how others around him view him. He isn't talking much about it this season, but during his original season he was constantly aware of his position and worked hard for the approval of others. That, unfortunately, was the flaw in his game. But, now, I see glimpses of that, and also his ability to read people.

Sandra, without say, is one of the most cunning women to ever play. She's hilarious and has no filter when it comes to giving her opinion when asked. And yes, people don't understand how shrewd and worldly she is. I don't think that Parvati has anything on her, and if the two of them get to the end, I think Sandra can talk her way into another win. Sandra probably has more allies on the jury (at this point) than Parvati does.

Which reminds me.....with all of these hardcore moves that people are making, is anyone thinking about the jury at all? Somehow, I don't think so.

Habs
05-04-2010, 02:49 AM
This week, I decided to rent Survivor: Pearl Islands just to get a refresher on things.

I also just finished watching Pearl Islands on DVD this past week and I totally agree with your assessments of Rupert and Sandra. Without a doubt, Sandra is one of the most cunning, devious and brilliant players ever in the game. I hope she wins again!

Fridge_Break
05-04-2010, 04:32 AM
Which reminds me.....with all of these hardcore moves that people are making, is anyone thinking about the jury at all? Somehow, I don't think so.

I think some people may be playing with knowing that this is an all-star season with some of the best players the show's had, and perhaps are making bold moves that end up pissing a whole lot of people off with the hopes that since these are some of the best who've played, they'd vote for a winner based on who played the best game, and not necessarily along personal lines. Then again, the first all-stars had a stellar cast (minus a few...) and that was probably the most bitter we've ever seen a set of jury members :lol: Kind of dangerous territory, but if you have the argument to back up your game moves, it could pay off if the jury members respect the game as a whole.

genevieve
05-04-2010, 04:39 AM
This week, I decided to rent Survivor: Pearl Islands just to get a refresher on things. Rupert is more intelligent than many are giving him credit for this season.

I really liked Rupert in Pearl Islands and thought he was a very good player. But in ASS he was all too willing to take a back seat to Boston Rob, and this season he's been way passive as well. perhaps this time he was waiting for the big guns on his tribe to take themselves out, but if so he waited too long - I mean he was the only one who realized that Russell the super villain wasn't to be trusted, and he couldn't get his own tribe to believe him. I think Rupert is just not the player he was in Pearl Islands.

FiveRinger
05-04-2010, 04:47 AM
I really liked Rupert in Pearl Islands and thought he was a very good player. But in ASS he was all too willing to take a back seat to Boston Rob, and this season he's been way passive as well. perhaps this time he was waiting for the big guns on his tribe to take themselves out, but if so he waited too long - I mean he was the only one who realized that Russell the super villain wasn't to be trusted, and he couldn't get his own tribe to believe him. I think Rupert is just not the player he was in Pearl Islands.

There may be some truth to what you are saying. Rupert is very perceptive, but I think that he might be trying to downplay some of that because if people remember certain things about you too well, you end up getting eliminated (i.e. Cirie, Boston Rob--eliminated based on past game play). There may still be time for him to make a big move or two (helping to eliminate Russell and/or Parvati would be huge). But you're correct--time is running out, if it hasn't already. Then again, Rupert may be banking on the fact that he is one of the most likable players remaining in the game and that the remaining players will have people angry enough to give him the win.

Fridge_Break
05-04-2010, 04:54 AM
perhaps this time he was waiting for the big guns on his tribe to take themselves out, but if so he waited too long - I mean he was the only one who realized that Russell the super villain wasn't to be trusted, and he couldn't get his own tribe to believe him.

This is true, although I have to wonder if he really ever would have come to this realization had Sandra not talked to him. He's come off as the smartest Hero in the last 2 episodes --partly because the rest of the Hero tribe has recently made some very idiotic moves -- but remember that it was just 3-4 short weeks ago that he kept spouting off about how strong the (non-existent) "women's alliance" was on the Villians side.

Eden
05-04-2010, 04:55 AM
I think that Rupert is probably trying to play mostly to his fans and to his audience. In other words to the same people/voters who awarded him the 1 million $ prize.
IMO, he thinks that another popularity award is on its way, and therefore plays the same way he played in ASS.

genevieve
05-04-2010, 07:01 AM
...Then again, Rupert may be banking on the fact that he is one of the most likable players remaining in the game and that the remaining players will have people angry enough to give him the win.

IMO, he thinks that another popularity award is on its way, and therefore plays the same way he played in ASS.
This is what I think as well - Rupert won $1Mil without having to win Survivor. I think he's now more interested in having fans of the show vote him their favorite than trying to win the game.

Jayar
05-04-2010, 07:03 AM
This is what I think as well - Rupert won $1Mil without having to win Survivor. I think he's now more interested in having fans of the show vote him their favorite than trying to win the game.

But does he have a chance in this group? I think that there are others who might whoop his tie die wearing ass. Parvati, Sandra, even Jerri.