PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Jayar
04-23-2010, 05:23 PM
EVERYONE knew the Villians were targeting JT; if Candice had won, she could have made a bold move and given immunity to JT. As you pointed out, she didn't need it anyway. And wouldn't that have been an interesting vote. NONE of the votes would have counted. But Candice had no reason at all to think that was even possible, as the Heroes weren't even sure Parvati had one idol, much less two.

Huh? There would have been votes that counted... the Villains. The immunity necklace is not hidden, so it 'gets played' before the vote. The villains would just have to go to plan B if she would have done that. Am I missing something, or is Prancer having one of her rare off days?

love skating
04-23-2010, 05:43 PM
JT :duh: deserved to go home. What an idiot. Who would have thought that Rupert would be the brainy one!?

Never saw Parvati's double idol move coming. I really thought she wanted to keep them for herself. I'm surprised if she was going to do it why she didn't tell Russell though. This could backfire as Russell does not like to be duped. I'm looking forward to a Russell vs. Parvati power struggle.

The bad thing about this season is like the last two All-Star seasons, I don't really like anyone left. I'm not really rooting for anyone - just enjoying the blindsides and the paranoia.

genevieve
04-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Huh? There would have been votes that counted... the Villains. The immunity necklace is not hidden, so it 'gets played' before the vote. The villains would just have to go to plan B if she would have done that. Am I missing something, or is Prancer having one of her rare off days?
No, you're right..the immunity necklace can be given away, but before the vote. Only the HII's are used after voting/before the reveal. If Candace had won immunity and given it to JT, I imagine she'd have been targeted for her toruble.

OTOH, if Candace had won immunity, Parvati would have been short enough immunity to pass around to the other targets on her tribe. Her strategy might have still worked, but she may have felt the risk wasn't worth using up both HIIs.

And I'm glad the target did not end up being Parvati - that would have been an awful ending to a great episode (even if it would have been more epic)!

Sparks
04-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I just have to say that yesterday afternoon, I had a really strong feeling JT would get the axe.
I wish I could have placed a bet...

What a fantastic episode! Could it GET any better? :rofl:

walei
04-23-2010, 07:04 PM
OMG 10 years of survivor, this was the best. episode. ever!!!!!!!!!

I hate Russell and I hope my Goddess Sandra really do take him out as the preview suggests... PLEEEEEASE.

Rooting for Sandra to win, Parvati 2nd, and...poopert 3rd just for trusting Sandra this episode.

genevieve
04-23-2010, 07:44 PM
How funny would it be if Jerri and/or Colby got to the finals :lol:

And gotta give props to Jerri for hanging in there for an hour and a half on that pole with 3 women more than a decade younger than she is. :respec:

ETA: I just saw this...Eville Russel was arrested last night.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/04/23/russell-hantz-arrested-lafayette/

Wanna bet he got into it with someone who watched the episode last night and told Russel he was being played by Parvati? :saint:

jl
04-23-2010, 08:00 PM
I think the Dragons need to be mentors on AI. :lol: Especially Courtney.

This next week I think:

- Russell and Parvati will fall out, but to what extent has yet to be determined (given, after the little sneak preview clip)
- As a follow-up to her immunities, Parvati might look to extend her alliance tentacles more actively to Jerri and Sandra (logically obvious)
- Sandra will use her one truthful representation to Rupert to get a good sense of where Rupert and the remaining 4 will vote, and influence them to vote for Russell
- Parvati, sensing Russell as a bigger threat, may persuade her bloc to also vote for Russell

Maybe it'll be a unanimous vote against Russell. However, this assumes Russell won't manage to form an alliance of his own. Regardless, though, I think Sandra being the swing vote means he's toast since the last 4 Heroes will be gunning for him out of a sense of "tribal honor" or whatever other stupid term they'll use, and that with Sandra around the Heroes might be able to vote off Parvati/Danielle/Jerri.

That being said, Sandra would likely only end up 5th in the game at that point unless she starts magically winning *lots* of immunities. However, I can see her going to the final 3 since in this situation, Rupert and Colby have about the same great attitude Russell has, which is likely to start grating on the other women in their alliance.

I think Parvati has a workable bloc of 3 (her, Danielle, Jerri) and could also win but she has a much harder road than Sandra, who already will have enough to deal with. What Parvati has to do is somehow keep *both* Russell and Sandra on her side, or keep one of them and convert someone from the Heroes. Rupert has wanted her gone from Day 1, and I would think Colby too. Amanda seems to be easily spiteful so I doubt her, leaving the fourth on the Heroes.

Regardless, I think this coming week, unless Russell wins immunity he is toast. If Sandra votes with the Heroes, she will be safe for at least 2 weeks.

genevieve
04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Interesting interview with JT on ew.com. He says his comment about never trusting women was directed at the women in his own alliance - he was thinking at the time that one of them blabbed the plan to the Villains.

He also defended writing his love letter to Russell, but said it was harsh watching it being read on the show last week. He also complimented Parvati's play.

Kasey
04-23-2010, 08:38 PM
He also defended writing his love letter to Russell, but said it was harsh watching it being read on the show last week. He also complimented Parvati's play.

If you ain't got brains, at least have class ;) Good boy, JT!

Prancer
04-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Am I missing something, or is Prancer having one of her rare off days?

They're not really all that rare any more. :shuffle:

Interesting interview with JT on ew.com. He says his comment about never trusting women was directed at the women in his own alliance - he was thinking at the time that one of them blabbed the plan to the Villains.

Well, Amanda did, sort of. Just not intentionally. I was :lol: at the expressions going across Parvati's face while Amanda was lying to her, because Amanda and Parvati had some kind of falling out before the season started and now Parvati won't have anything at all to do with Amanda. You could see Parvati thinking, "Well, bitch, I guess I know where we really stand. Don't come running to me for an alliance any time soon."

Based on past interviews with JT, and comments from the Heroes women this season, I don't think JT thinks much of women in general, so I can't say I'm too surprised that his first instinct was that some woman done him wrong :shuffle: I will say that he knew right off who really screwed things up and how much it was going to hurt his tribe.

trv2000
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
ETA: I just saw this...Eville Russel was arrested last night.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/04/23/russell-hantz-arrested-lafayette/

Wanna bet he got into it with someone who watched the episode last night and told Russel he was being played by Parvati? :saint:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b177808_ragin_cajun_survivors_russell_busted.html

According to a spokesman for the Lafayette Police Department, Hantz, 37, was partying at a local nightclub during the street festival when he allegedly got into an altercation with an unidentified woman, then shoved her to the ground.

genevieve
04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
I was :lol: at the expressions going across Parvati's face while Amanda was lying to her ... You could see Parvati thinking, "Well, bitch, I guess I know where we really stand. Don't come running to me for an alliance any time soon."
Totally. But oooo, Amanda and Parvati had a falling out before the season started? Juicy!

Based on past interviews with JT, and comments from the Heroes women this season, I don't think JT thinks much of women in general, so I can't say I'm too surprised that his first instinct was that some woman done him wrong :shuffle: I will say that he knew right off who really screwed things up and how much it was going to hurt his tribe.
I've noticed that most of the guys who are successful in Survivor (and more than a few who aren't that successful) seem to think pretty poorly of women in general. I think some of it has to do with casting (there are definitely a lot of women who've ended up on the show for their eye candy appeal, and it seems like the only way for a woman to get on the show without breast implants is to be a woman of color [which is a whole 'nother issue], be far too old to be considered "sexy", or be freakishly skinny/tattooed/butch), and some with the massive egos that competing on a reality show seems to attract.

iloveemoticons
04-23-2010, 11:15 PM
How funny would it be if Jerri and/or Colby got to the finals

I hope not :yikes: That would be the most crap final ever, IMO :lol: I hope the finals will be Parv and someone else who's at least marginally deserving of being there so that there's at least a contest...

snoopysnake
04-24-2010, 02:01 AM
First time on this thread.

I despise Russell. I wish he'd marry Tonya Harding and then get the crap beaten out of him by her.

purple skates
04-24-2010, 02:48 AM
:rofl: Tell us how you really feel! :P