PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

smurfy
04-16-2010, 05:29 PM
This show is so entertaining and it funner to have this forum.
One thing I find interesting - yes Sandra is a target by Russell et al - but to me it seems because she was with Rob/alliance, and not because she is a former winner. If I played, first on my hit list would be any former winner (Tom, JT, Sandra...). I think Sandra can be dangerous and with the merge, she should go with the Heroes. The Heroes may not be that strong, but they need to realize they should stick together and get Sandra/Jerri. The II could be major in the next few rounds.
I am a fan of Sandra and it is amusing how folks seem to love or hate her, nothing in between.
Colby could end up being in a good position, as JT is a higher target within the Heroes and would Jerri be loyal??

In thinking with Coach on the the Jury - is this the first time a jury member was not merged?

Fridge_Break
04-16-2010, 05:35 PM
In thinking with Coach on the the Jury - is this the first time a jury member was not merged?

It's happened quite a few times, actually. Cook Islands and Gabon both had a jury member before the merge, and Fiji had two sitting on the jury before the two tribes became one.

love skating
04-16-2010, 05:45 PM
JT :duh::wall:

I too wonder about the pen. It makes me wonder if the handing off the idol was all scripted. I didn't think they were supposed to have pens or paper, but I don't know. Such a dumb dumb move. I wish Amanda would've spoken up, but she's too meek.

genevieve
04-16-2010, 05:51 PM
the pen and paper were part of a luxury reward won earlier by Amanda, per Jeff's blog

PeterG
04-16-2010, 07:32 PM
I think Sandra can be dangerous and with the merge, she should go with the Heroes.

The Heroes don't need her. They already have Russell! :lol:

I can't figure out the villains, especially Parvati, Russell and Danielle. They're a trio playing with seven other people, so very much a minority. They don't have Sandra, who they treat like crap. They barely have Jerri, who realizes she's odd man out (well, after Sandra), so Jerri must be considering jumping ship. Do Parvati, Russell and Danielle think they can rule the game with the immunity idols?? It seems to me the idols are a back-up and the real way to play is to have NUMBERS on your side (six voting against four).

the pen and paper were part of a luxury reward won earlier by Amanda, per Jeff's blog

In earlier seasons, they showed how each personal had a luxury items they were allowed to bring (toothbrush, diary and pen, etc.) Not sure if the castaways are still allowed to each bring one personal item with them...

genevieve
04-16-2010, 07:54 PM
I can't figure out the villains, especially Parvati, Russell and Danielle. They're a trio playing with seven other people, so very much a minority. They don't have Sandra, who they treat like crap. They barely have Jerri, who realizes she's odd man out (well, after Sandra), so Jerri must be considering jumping ship. Do Parvati, Russell and Danielle think they can rule the game with the immunity idols?? It seems to me the idols are a back-up and the real way to play is to have NUMBERS on your side (six voting against four).
Getting Sandra on their side would have been really difficult - she was aligned so hard with Rob, and if it weren't for Russell getting Tyson to switch his vote, the Rob alliance would still be in control of the Villains and Russell and Parvati would likely be gone by now. I was really hoping that the entire Villains tribe could have come together when they realized the Heroes were so wrong about the "all-girl alliance", but 1) there was probably still someone who would have to go and 2) they're villains for goodness sake and they'd all still be scheming. I think Russ/Parv/Dani could have reached out to Sandra/Courtney and sacrificed Jerri as a peace-keeping move... but I think Jerri will have more loyalty to her Villain alliance than Sandra/Courtney would, and why take two votes that will certainly switch together when you can take two singles who may do different things in the merge? Plus, Jerri getting the boot right after Coach could have worse jury vote implications than getting rid of Courtney. Coach seems still ticked about his ouster, but I think he will appreciate keeping Jerri in the game and depending on how the endgame shakes out I can see him still voting for Russell or even Parvati.

In earlier seasons, they showed how each personal had a luxury items they were allowed to bring (toothbrush, diary and pen, etc.) Not sure if the castaways are still allowed to each bring one personal item with them...
They ended that a long time ago

Prancer
04-16-2010, 09:00 PM
They ended that a long time ago

They still have luxury items, but they don't talk about them much. There is one interviewer who has asked all the boots what they brought. Rob had his daughter's baby blanket and Randy had a voodoo doll of Jeff :lol:. Those are the only two I remember.

ETA: I remembered another one--Colby has the same big Texas flag he had in Survivor: Outback.

Jenny
04-16-2010, 09:03 PM
ETA: I remembered another one--Colby has the same big Texas flag he had in Survivor: Outback.

The Heroes have that draped over their shelter. From the scan at the challenge, it looked like James brought his two idols from China.

Prancer
04-16-2010, 09:07 PM
The Heroes have that draped over their shelter.

I read somewhere that he had had it treated so that it's waterproof and something else (windproof, maybe?). I don't know if that's true or not, but it was his using the flag as a tarp the first time around, as well as some of the others' sneaky luxury items that were really useful instead of just being a luxury that have made them kind of tone down the whole luxury item thing.

ETA: It's AOL television that is asking about the luxury items, I guess, because Courtney is asked here: http://www.aoltv.ca/2010/04/16/courtney-yates-survivor-exit-interview/

Those of you who are interested in whether Coach is for real or not might find her comments on him interesting :). She and Coach do seem to be having a fabulous time together at Ponderosa.

dbell1
04-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Courtney and Coach at the Ponderosa are hysterical. He's off being one with nature and she's totally snarky, but so polite and cute. Sort of sad that someone else will be crashing their 'honeymoon' in a few days. :lol:

Oh, and add me to the list of people lining up to slap JT. Jeff's EW blog said that everyone was told in advance that Russell was named one of the "5 biggest villains of all time." And they STILL gave him the idol! :wall:

Cupid
04-17-2010, 07:15 PM
I wonder if Outback's business has gone up since the airing of this episode.

I know I am CRAVING a nice big, juicy, steak and am treating myself to such tonight!

Oh, yeah, the episode was fantastic! Best season ever!!

Brian
04-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Best episode EVER!!! bye bye stupid J.T.! LMAO!!!!

dbell1
04-23-2010, 02:08 AM
JT is an idiot. Handing over the HII to that troll was the biggest, most idiotic move in the game.

Props to Sandra for her behind the scenes work with Rupie.

Had the feeling JT was going when he started with that "I have to tell Rupert what to do :blah: crap".

Parvarti was a rock star tonight. :respec: She played little Russ beautifully AND managed to bring Jerri totally onto her side. Loved next week's previews. :lol: Wonder if Russ is having Samoa flashbacks of losing to a member of his 'dumb girl alliance'? :P

Prancer
04-23-2010, 02:21 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Parvati really is the queen of the social game. Even when they see how dangerous she is, they STILL don't see how good she is at the people part of the game.

Now Sandra and Jerri owe her big time. And all the Heroes are pissed at Russell, not her, which means they will be gunning for him instead of her now. And sleeping social game giant Sandra is about to wake up. Bwahahaha Russell, feel somethin' slip right out from under your feet?

Most shocking part of the game for me? Candice stepping down in the challenge. I don't get that at all.

rjblue
04-23-2010, 02:30 AM
I wasn't really shocked by Candice. I would think that Colby, JT and Amanda would all be seen as more likely boots by the Villains.

The key to the whole thing was Danielle winning immunity though. With Parvarti seeing through the Heroes' plan to make an unexpected vote, they would have needed three idols to cover all the targets, and she might have decided to play it safe and just cover herself.