PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

sk8er1964
04-16-2010, 04:18 AM
Wonder if Jerri realized she is # 4 in her alliance?

I think so, and I think she'll make some sort of move. At least I hope so.

Sandra might still survive

I so hope not. I can't stand her - I don't think there's been a Survivor that annoys me more than she does. Well, there was Lil (wasn't that the name of the girl scout leader?). They made a mistake tonight getting rid of Courtney instead of Sandra. Courtney was no threat at all - Sandra is. She won when she wasn't expected to (and didn't deserve to). She could do it again.

Prancer
04-16-2010, 04:20 AM
I don't think there's been a Survivor that annoys me more than she does. Well, there was Lil

:lol: You must have been very conflicted during the Pearl Islands final tribal council.

Habs
04-16-2010, 05:17 AM
She won when she wasn't expected to (and didn't deserve to). She could do it again.

Sandra was a STAR in her season. Between listening in on others' conversations, dumping the bucket of fish and letting someone else take the blame, and playing her strategy to the hilt, I think she's one of the most deserving winners EVAH! :respec:

As for JT's bonehead move.... :duh:
Sorry cutie, it's over between us.

Ares
04-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Did the Heroes win a pen in one of their reward challenges?

If the Heroes decide to stay together after the merge, it seems Sandra would be more than willing to help them out.

PeterG
04-16-2010, 05:32 AM
5 heroes + Sandra

6 > 4

Will these six simply vote out the other four villains? Or are two immunity idols enough to keep things from getting very boring as the heroes + Sandra pick off the villains one by one?

genevieve
04-16-2010, 05:46 AM
That was so freakin' awesome. Parvati reading that letter was just priceless. When we saw the letter I was expecting to see the i's dotted with little hearts. And as arrogant and tiresome Russell's I-Love-Me confessionals can be, I don't see how anyone could deny his right to crow "I don't even have to look for idols anymore...people just walk up and HAND THEM TO ME :EVILLE:" :rofl:

did anyone expect the Heroes to win reward after Rupert and JT were crowing about how they would own it? At least JT tried to point out that the smaller players had an advantage instead of Rupert's ME SO STRONG angle.

I'll miss the snark of Courtney (I snorted when she was imitating Rupert and said "arr!"), but I was really worried they'd get rid of Sandra. Probably would have been smarter to get rid of Sandra (truth is, BOTH would flip after the merge and who can blame them, but Sandra is just plain craftier), but I love her so much I want her around even if she ends up taking down my beloved Russell/Parvati alliance.

Speaking of Parvati, good for her for acting so quickly when that scroll fell out of the napkin. Smart reasoning to choose Danielle as the one person who knows. Considering how wily Russell was last season about finding idols, I'm surprised he hasn't been searching all over camp for ones this time. I was especially reminded of that as we saw Parvati/Danielle crossing that bridge where he found one underneath.

Danielle's argument with Sandra at TC was totally weak. She shouldn't take on the adults in TC shenanigans :lol:

ok, JT's face when the Villains show up for the next challenge will be fun, but I can't wait to see Amanda go into full on doe eyed misery when she whines about how she knew it was a bad idea. Heee.

genevieve
04-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Probst's blog isn't up yet, but the ew.com recap is, and they list the 5 stupidest moves in Survivor history up to this point. They posted a paraphrased version of JT's letter that cracked me up :lol:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20354695_20361438_3,00.html
(mid-recap, scroll down for the letter)

Ultimately, Dalton Ross found this example to be the fourth stupidest move in Survivor history. Right behind Tyson flipping his vote and getting himself eliminated.

Prancer
04-16-2010, 12:30 PM
ok, JT's face when the Villains show up for the next challenge will be fun, but I can't wait to see Amanda go into full on doe eyed misery when she whines about how she knew it was a bad idea. Heee.

Oh, but JT will be fine with it if he goes to the next challenge and sees that another girl is gone, because he assumes that means that Parvati plays an HII and saves herself. The Villains' HII will be out of play and since he is absolutely positive that Russell is in his pocket, the Heroes will still have the numbers.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=ySoGpRpwEVbv8uh184uKqLZsHao_lYBb&vs=homepage&play=true (hope that works)

If that's the story Russell tells JT (and what else could it be?), JT will probably swallow it whole and think it's delicious. I'm really surprised that clip didn't make the show, because it's :lol:.

Jeff's blog: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/16/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-heroes-vs-villains-episode-9/ I don't think there are any spoilers or even particularly obvious clues in there. He doesn't explain the group hug, but he does explain where the paper and pen came from.

sk8er1964
04-16-2010, 01:15 PM
:lol: You must have been very conflicted during the Pearl Islands final tribal council.

:lol: Oops. I got the name wrong. :o I was thinking of the woman who wore khakis and was singing all the time. Her name wasn't Lil and she was voted out way early. I don't remember the season.

Prancer
04-16-2010, 01:19 PM
:lol: Oops. I got the name wrong. :o I was thinking of the woman who wore khakis and was singing all the time. Her name wasn't Lil and she was voted out way early. I don't remember the season.

Lil was the Boy Scout leader and wore her uniform all the time, so maybe you did mean her?

Hmmm. Maybe you mean Wanda, the one who made up that Survivor song that she sang as she was being boated away? :lol: But I think she wore a dress.

A lot of them kinda blur together after a while.

Jenny
04-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Everybody CALM DOWN :lol:

I still loves my JT. Yes yes it was stupid, even as Prancer said without know about Russell's affinity to HIIs. But then again, any really big move has to be risky, and it's only stupid if it doesn't work. If it works, it's brilliant, no?

True the Heroes have misread the Villains and Russell is taking advantage of that. But I honestly don't think it's changing Parvati's game at all, and in fact it's making Danielle especially rather cocky, which is often a precursor to a quick demise. Parvati is also getting cocky - she may have Russell and Danielle in her pocket, but 3 against 7 doesn't not guarantee a win.

And what about Russell? Smart move letting the other side think Parvati's in charge and putting the target on her back. That allows him wiggle room when he doesn't immediately jump to the other side and the Heroes start questioning his loyalties. They'll go after Parvati first. Sure, she's got the HII, but will she know when to play it?

Telling the girls about it might seem to be the usual boasting on his part, but I also think he knows that it's important for people to know he's got it, because it makes it that much more complicated to get rid of him. He might also think it will make the girls more loyal in the hopes that he'll give it away a second time. I'm really, really surprised he didn't imagine that there would be a clue at the feast though (there always is).

As for JT, he's not gone yet. Let us remember a few things: first, he's a killer challenge player and will definitely win immunities. Second, the Heroes are tighter than the Villains, and I don't think that even Candice and Amanda's distrust of JT will lead them to get rid of him before a Villain or two are gone. Third, Sandra is not loyal to the Villains and could easily end up with Rupert and possibly JT (if that was her plan with Courtney). Fourth, Jerri is a free agent and could easily end up going with the older players, knowing she is not a true part of Parvati's alliance.

Speaking of, Jerri is playing a pretty good game. Her wisdom and experience is playing out in her very, very careful balancing act. It think she could stick it out a lot longer. She can't win, but she can get far.

But back to my JT. :) He knows that as a past winner among all star players, he's got to do more than he did last time to win. He's got his million, so now he's playing a riskier game, likely with the idea that he'll have a case at TC.

Aside from all that - loved Parvati's reading of the letter!

sk8er1964
04-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Hmmm. Maybe you mean Wanda, the one who made up that Survivor song that she sang as she was being boated away? :lol: But I think she wore a dress.

That's the one! I wanted to smack her. :lol:

genevieve
04-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Everybody CALM DOWN :lol:

:huh: I don't see anyone whipping themselves into a lather :lol:

Oh, but JT will be fine with it if he goes to the next challenge and sees that another girl is gone, because he assumes that means that Parvati plays an HII and saves herself. The Villains' HII will be out of play and since he is absolutely positive that Russell is in his pocket, the Heroes will still have the numbers.
Definitely Russell will be able to spin the vote (at least until Sandra starts working her magic), but I think there will still be an initial :o when the Villains walk into town with Russell and Parvati still there.

BTW, what happens if the only two people to receive votes play HIIs? Do they just revote and can't vote for either of them?

Agreed that the Heroes are now far tighter as a group than the Villains. But keep in mind that Russell's alliance went in with a huge disadvantage last time and made it to the finals. He'll have a much harder time of it now, but it's possible.

Agreed that it was better when Danielle wasn't seen or heard. I also continue to be impressed with Jerri this season.

genevieve
04-16-2010, 04:53 PM

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=ySoGpRpwEVbv8uh184uKqLZsHao_lYBb&vs=homepage&play=true (hope that works)

If that's the story Russell tells JT (and what else could it be?), JT will probably swallow it whole and think it's delicious. I'm really surprised that clip didn't make the show, because it's :lol:.
Ok ok, I watched that and JT is prepared for Parvati to still be there, but gotta love that he talks about teaching Russell the rules about using an idol (JT doesn't know Russell is Mr HII, but still, isn't it reasonable that Russell would have heard of HII's before and know how they work? :P), and especially when he talks of handing off the idol to Russell "I stuck it right in his gut where no one could see it" :rofl: JT also seems to want Russell around longer than some of his own alliance.

Next week is going to be so fascinating with 3 really great manipulators (Russell, Sandra, Parvati) hard at work.

Jenny
04-16-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm really, really excited about the merge!