PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Prancer
04-09-2010, 06:38 PM
And I don't really get why Parvati thinks it's so great that Russell is going to have a big advantage if the Heros really are stupid enough to think he is on the outs with his tribe. That will help him, but it won't necessarily help her.

Russell is totally in Parvati's pocket. Anything that benefits him will benefit her. Russell only thinks he's running the game. Parvati is at least as good at strategy as he is and, like Natalie, isn't alienating people right and left like Russell is. People want Parvati out of the game because she is charming, remember, not because they can't stand her.

so Coach knows, as evidenced by his shaking his hand on the way out.

Yeah, but watch the Ponderosa vid where Coach is getting a workout--he pretends Russell is his punching bag and says he hates Russell's game.

jamesy
04-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Second, I think Russell was thinking ahead to the jury. He knows full well that Natalie's relationships with everyone screwed him over last time, so this time he might be thinking ahead. The key clue there? He signed his vote, so Coach knows, as evidenced by his shaking his hand on the way out.
Does he though? Wasn't this AS filmed before the finale of his original season? And if he thought he had that win in the bag, I don't see him making big changes to his "winning" strategy this time.

Jenny
04-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Russell is totally in Parvati's pocket. Anything that benefits him will benefit her. Russell only thinks he's running the game. Parvati is at least as good at strategy as he is and, like Natalie, isn't alienating people right and left like Russell is. People want Parvati out of the game because she is charming, remember, not because they can't stand her.

I did notice that when Sandra named all the people she hated, she left out Parvati.

We also know that Parvati is VERY good at final TC, and Russell was only average at his.

At the same time, I don't know if Amanda is going to want her to get that far again, and I don't think that she has quite the same effect with this crowd as she did with a bunch of starstruck fans last time around.

Hmmm.

Does he though? Wasn't this AS filmed before the finale of his original season? And if he thought he had that win in the bag, I don't see him making big changes to his "winning" strategy this time.

You are right, at this point he does not know the final outcome of his season, but I do think he must've realized that TC didn't go the way he had envisioned.

Also, didn't Prancer tell us at some point that word was that Russell told the All Stars that he "got screwed over by a blonde chick"?

But you could be right - much of what he's doing is a repeat performance of last season.

Fridge_Break
04-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Sandra > Russell

Russell is nowhere near as good at this game as he believes he is.

genevieve
04-09-2010, 07:46 PM
I did notice that when Sandra named all the people she hated, she left out Parvati.
I noticed that too. Could've been editing, but I think she recognizes and respects a fellow schemer :lol:

Speaking of editing, the footage of the mud challenge was hilarious. All those loving closeup angles of the bikini-clad ladies' butts sliding over the poles, and especially Amanda wiping mud off her boobs after the challenge was over...I'm guessing this was the cameramen's favorite challenge of the whole season :lol:

sk8pics
04-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the clarifications and extra info. I really want Russell to be eliminated sooner rather than later, just to see his reaction!:rolleyes:

Squibble
04-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the clarifications and extra info. I really want Russell to be eliminated sooner rather than later, just to see his reaction!:rolleyes:

It would make for good T.V., and I'd be interested to see what he'd be like on the jury, but I have a feeling that Parvati is going to drag him to the Final with her. On the plus side, we may get to see him cry at the reunion again when he gets beaten by a girl one more time. :)

Prancer
04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
You are right, at this point he does not know the final outcome of his season, but I do think he must've realized that TC didn't go the way he had envisioned.

Also, didn't Prancer tell us at some point that word was that Russell told the All Stars that he "got screwed over by a blonde chick"?

But you could be right - much of what he's doing is a repeat performance of last season.

The rumor is that he told people that the blonde girl kicked his butt.

BUT everyone who has been voted out to date has said that Russell was instructed not to tell anyone about his season and they were all told not to ask. That doesn't seem quite fair to me, since Russell had the opportunity to watch their seasons (although he wasn't a Survivor fan and has supposedly seen only one season at Survivor camp--and that was Fans v. Favorites, so he should be on to Parvati's game), but that's what they say.

Russell also said in some interviews that he tried to play a different game this time around. The only difference I see is that last time he made it a point to boot the smart women because he thought they were threats (a theory he supposedly developed while watching Fans v. Favorites), so allying himself with Parvati could be seen as different, and he does seem to be thinking more about how to garner jury votes. But I don't think any of them really ever play the game differently, even when they try.

On a completely different note, you know how Coach always puts a mysterious number on his votes? Someone at Survivor Sucks figured it out--the numbers correspond to letters of the alphabet, which means that Coach was booted in the episode where he had just finished spelling out "D-R-A-G." :lol:

BaileyCatts
04-10-2010, 02:10 AM
On a completely different note, you know how Coach always puts a mysterious number on his votes? Someone at Survivor Sucks figured it out--the numbers correspond to letters of the alphabet, which means that Coach was booted in the episode where he had just finished spelling out "D-R-A-G." :lol:

:rofl::rofl: OMG .... okay, with all the people there are on this board, someone has got to know someone who knows someone who knows Coach in real life. I would really love to know if he is as, uh ... what's the word I'm looking for .... delusional?? .... in real life as he appears to be on Survivor. :shuffle:

Kasey
04-10-2010, 02:58 AM
but "Dragon Slayer" is only 12 letters....so the idiot was only assuming to make it to top 6? (Or am I the idiot and not thinking of the tribals for the other team, which he couldn't count on)

dbell1
04-10-2010, 06:46 AM
DRAG? Dumb Repetitive Annoying Goner? :P

gingercrush
04-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I've been reading this thread for ages waiting for the show to screen here, I've now watched the first episode. Its a bit strange as I've only seen the first four seasons + Pearl Islands and watched bits and pieces of Thailand (showing survivor season repeats), The Amazon, Palau, All-stars, Tocantins and Samoa (also on repeat). Its certainly more physical and seems to be rather less of the social and survival side of things. Reading through this thread has certainly been interesting.

I don't get why two players, Sugar and Stephanie (long gone now) were on the Heroes tribe when in previous seasons they made the Final Tribal council and got 0 votes and 1 vote respectively. How that can be heroic is beyond me. Also I must admit if I was female and Sugar gave me the fingers I would have ripped her head off.

Having recently watched Marquesas I'll never understand how Rob got chosen for All-stars. Though he seemingly has played the same type of strategy on all three goes at Survivor. Only with Marquesas the fact his tribe kept losing and then the tribe switching ultimately did him in. Also he was rather lazy at Marquesas so it was hilarious that him now being older (about Hunter's age) was going on about how his tribe mates in Samoa are lazy.

As for the Heroes. I instantly dislike most of them and I don't understand whatsoever why the female members were talking about voting other women. Here you are on a team with two male winners (JT and Tom), two or three players that are huge physical threats (James, JT and Colby) and the fact they're males on the "hero" tribe. Did you not think, that all five men truly believe they played honourable games previously and therefore were always going to vote for who they saw as weakest members on the tribe. Because after all, that would be the honourable thing.It just surprises me that's how the likes of Stephanie, Cirie and Sugar played the game. If Cirie and others were truly smart (and reading up on Cirie it would appear she was) you'd think they'd have worked out how the men think. I realise there were previous alliances etc but surely they knew being female on a heroes tribe instantly made it more likely for a women to be booted out.

Squibble
04-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't get why two players, Sugar and Stephanie (long gone now) were on the Heroes tribe when in previous seasons they made the Final Tribal council and got 0 votes and 1 vote respectively. How that can be heroic is beyond me. Also I must admit if I was female and Sugar gave me the fingers I would have ripped her head off.

The "Heroes" and "Villains" designations were mostly a gimmick, especially with regard to the women, some of whom displayed quite a bit of both heroism and villainry, and some of whom displayed not all that much of either, in their original seasons.

Sugar played a highly individual game, found the Hidden Immunity Idol early on, and used it at the end to save someone else that she thought was a nicer person than the one who got voted out instead. The woman to whom she showed the finger was the nastiest piece of work that's ever been shown on Survivor and was insulting her at the Final Tribal Council.

Stephenie has been on twice before. The first time (Palau), she was gutsy and strong but on a very weak tribe that lost every immunity challenge. There was no tribal merger; she just joined the other tribe when all of her tribemates had been sent home. Even then, she still managed to outlast a couple of people from her new tribe. The second time (Guatemala), she was a mean, conniving player who backstabbed some people she had early alliances with. But most people prefer to remember her as gutsy rather than nasty.

Having recently watched Marquesas I'll never understand how Rob got chosen for All-stars.

Big personality, plus he dominated the first season of All-Stars. Not all people get chosen for All-Stars based on their game play in their original seasons.

As for the Heroes. I instantly dislike most of them and I don't understand whatsoever why the female members were talking about voting other women. Here you are on a team with two male winners (JT and Tom), two or three players that are huge physical threats (James, JT and Colby) and the fact they're males on the "hero" tribe. Did you not think, that all five men truly believe they played honourable games previously and therefore were always going to vote for who they saw as weakest members on the tribe. Because after all, that would be the honourable thing.It just surprises me that's how the likes of Stephanie, Cirie and Sugar played the game. If Cirie and others were truly smart (and reading up on Cirie it would appear she was) you'd think they'd have worked out how the men think. I realise there were previous alliances etc but surely they knew being female on a heroes tribe instantly made it more likely for a women to be booted out.

Generally speaking, before the merge, the biggest factor in how tribes vote is who is least likely to help them win future Immunity Challenges. Sugar and Cirie, in particular, are physically weak. Also Cirie's skill at gameplay made her a threat to others' chances.

For a variety of reasons, single-sex alliances have usually fared poorly, with the Micronesia season being the notable exception.

Prancer
04-10-2010, 09:03 PM
The woman to whom she showed the finger was the nastiest piece of work that's ever been shown on Survivor and was insulting her at the Final Tribal Council.

I think gingercrush may have been referring to Sugar flipping off Sandra after Sandra removed her bra--although Sugar has said she was really flipping off everyone, including Jeff (who realized it) because she was very angry about a lot of things

Cirie absolutely did understand the men and their game plan--or rather, she understood Tom and Colby and Stephenie, who had the game plan gingercrush outlined. Rupert and JT have a different strategy and it does not involve voting out the weak.

BaileyCatts
04-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Just bumping up the thread for tonight .... and hoping that JT does not become the stoopidest contestant in Survivor history. If the commercials ring true, he truly deserves that title. :duh: