PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Prancer
04-03-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure Rob would say something just to be hurtful. I do think that he didn't have time for Coach's game - or lack thereof - and was annoyed that rather being taken out by smart play, he lost because of someone who is a weak player.

From an interview with Rob:

what aggravated me was here's Coach, here's a guy who his entire M. O. week in and week out on national television is talking about how honest and loyal he is, and integrity and that's how he plays the game and everything. And then he gives me his word right there that he's voting for Russell and then goes and does something else, which I don't really have a problem with -- I get that it's a game and that there's lying and manipulation.

But what I don't get is how you can go on and on and on about how honorable you are and then do something completely the opposite [and then] stand up and expect me to shake your hand and be like "Good game."

I just wanted him to know that it wasn't "all right" in that instance. You know, you didn't do what you said you were going to do, you're not honorable, you're not loyal, and I wasn't having any of it.

Similarly, if Danielle is doing anything, they need to show it, because at this point I think many viewers have no idea who she is, and if she ends up going far, that will frustrate us, particularly when she's with so many other really good players.

Rob has never missed a season of Survivor and didn't know who she was on the first day :lol:. Neither did Randy or Tyson. So it isn't just us.

I think Danielle is getting the classic "girl who makes up numbers but otherwise doesn't count" edit. There seems to be one every season. Some of them have been real players and some of them have just been there, but they are all ignored on the show.

Jenny
04-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Rob has never missed a season of Survivor and didn't know who she was on the first day :lol:. Neither did Randy or Tyson. So it isn't just us.

I think Danielle is getting the classic "girl who makes up numbers but otherwise doesn't count" edit. There seems to be one every season. Some of them have been real players and some of them have just been there, but they are all ignored on the show.

Hubby also thinks she serves another purpose, and he thinks the casting team does a great job. ;)

Sparks
04-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I wonder if Coach thinks he did the honorable thing by not voting for either of his "bros". So, he voted for the chick. :shuffle:

BaileyCatts
04-03-2010, 07:44 PM
^^ I have no doubt that is what he believes. Coach is such a tool. :blah:

Eden
04-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Coach is going to finish this game as a result of his own actions, just like his buddy Tyson did.
And so he will end up as another example of incredible physical strength, but - alas- with very little brains.

smurfy
04-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Prancer - thanks for the bits from Rob's interview. It shows why I like him, he knows it is a game, but someone like Coach that talks about honor - I just gag, as that is such BS. Rob is playing, and it is so obvious. To me, someone like Rob has more 'honor' or whatever bs word (integrity is another one that cracks me up) than the ones that talk the talk.

I do think Rob's comment was on purpose as a way to stir things up for Coach on his way out.

Jenny - your husband is so correct in certain casting decisions.
IMHO these are the major criteria for casting
1- Body/appearance, male and females, certain physical attributes
2- BSC potential (Bat S... Crazy)
3- Extremes in intelligence, lowest or highest
4- Endearing personality traits
5- friend to the right people on the show

Eden - I hope you are right - that Coach is out on his own mistake.
I am still chuckling over Tyson's ouster, but at least he knows he did it to himself. I bet Coach might not know.

dupa
04-04-2010, 03:37 PM
From an interview with Rob:

what aggravated me was here's Coach, here's a guy who his entire M. O. week in and week out on national television is talking about how honest and loyal he is, and integrity and that's how he plays the game and everything. And then he gives me his word right there that he's voting for Russell and then goes and does something else, which I don't really have a problem with -- I get that it's a game and that there's lying and manipulation.

Did Coach ever actually SAY he's voting for Russel? I remember him saying that he'd like nothing more than to go all the way with Rob but don't remember him actually saying, "I'm voting for Russel". Is Rob just assuming that that meant Coach would vote Russel?

Not trying to defend Coach because I think he's a tool. Just wondering.

genevieve
04-05-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure Rob would say something just to be hurtful.
Have you never watched any of the competitions Rob has been in?!? One of his greatest skills as a player comes from his ability to manipulate other players around him by holding their "loyalty" or other ethical mores over their heads, even though he himself would have no problem going against his word. The threat is that if they dare to betray him they are worthless awful people - and he does this precisely because it IS hurtful to them. It's a huge part of what made Rob such a strong player - but make no mistake - Rob absolutely meant to hurt Coach with that comment.

Loved Parvati's comment with her vote :lol:

Jenny
04-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Have you never watched any of the competitions Rob has been in?!?

I agree with you - I meant it more as not saying things that are hurtful just for the sake of being hurtful. I think Rob is judgmental, and will call someone out, particularly if he thinks they are hypocritical or stupid or some other quality Rob has no time for. I don't think his remark to Coach was motivated by simply hurting Coach because he was mad at him - I think it was motivated by believing he knew the truth about Coach and thought that Coach and everyone else should know it.

Bostonfan
04-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I disagree Gen. In past seasons Rob has made a point of telling people that he will lie to them to further himself in the game.

What he does is essentially call B.S. on those people that outright claim they play the game honorably. I swear if Coach had simply said that he re-evaluated the situation and felt it would further himself in the game to get rid of Rob, Rob would have tried to persuade him differently but would have hugged him on the way out. It's the hypocrisy of a person's game that causes Rob to lash out IMO.

genevieve
04-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I agree with you - I meant it more as not saying things that are hurtful just for the sake of being hurtful. I think Rob is judgmental, and will call someone out, particularly if he thinks they are hypocritical or stupid or some other quality Rob has no time for. I don't think his remark to Coach was motivated by simply hurting Coach because he was mad at him - I think it was motivated by believing he knew the truth about Coach and thought that Coach and everyone else should know it.
I actually think those are the same things in this case. Rob has a really hard time being bested by someone. I believe Rob thinks his motivation is all about game play here, but in reality he was just pissed and lashing out for the sake of hurting Coach.

FiveRinger
04-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Isn't this kind of what Lex got pissed off at Rob for in All Stars?

Rob has a way of manipulating a situation in his own head so that his own deception is justified and the other people's deception of him is dead wrong.

Coach felt he was "honorable" for not directly voting for two people that he said he wouldn't. He voted his conscious, which was Courtney. She's who I would have voted for--she's clealy the weakest on the tribe.

We all know that Coach has a weak mind. He avoided the confrontation. He also realized that he's still going to have to exist in camp, regardless of who he votes for. Life would be much easier for him to vote Courtney, knowing she'd be safe, than risk voting Rob or Russell and have to deal with the aftermath.

walei
04-06-2010, 04:49 AM
I loved Rob's comment that Coach is at "little man" when he left. I hope Sandra lashes out at Coach next episode like she did when Rupert was voted out in Pearl Islands and make Coach cry.

Can't stand him.

Fridge_Break
04-06-2010, 05:17 AM
I loved Rob's comment that Coach is at "little man" when he left. I hope Sandra lashes out at Coach next episode like she did when Rupert was voted out in Pearl Islands and make Coach cry.

Can't stand him.

Sandra would be my all-time favorite Survivor if she did that :lol:

FiveRinger
04-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Sandra would be my all-time favorite Survivor if she did that :lol:

She might as well. It looks like her alliance is on the bottom and she's counting days. But, I hope that that's wrong. I love Sandra!