PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

iloveemoticons
04-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I agree on getting rid of Rob while the getting was good. What happened to Rob, by the way? The whole episode, it was like he didn't even want to be there anymore.

dbell1
04-02-2010, 05:08 AM
So Rob snubbed Coach at the end, hugged Jerri who was the swing vote to get rid of him and then called someone a 'little man'? Was that directed at Russell or Coach? I'm confused. Previews for next week look interesting. Seems Lil Russ goes mad with power? :lol: My vote is on Sandra to start getting pissy - like she did in the Pearl Islands when they voted off Rupert. :watch:

About time the Heroes (especially Colby) woke up and started winning. Maybe James was the problem? :P

Prancer
04-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Yeah, I agree on getting rid of Rob while the getting was good. What happened to Rob, by the way? The whole episode, it was like he didn't even want to be there anymore.

There were rumors that he just wasn't as into it this time around as he had been in the past. He's not young and hungry Rob any more; he's married, settled, brand-new dad Rob. He probably had mixed feelings about being there.

genevieve
04-02-2010, 05:52 AM
That was intensely satisfying, right down to the bittercakes Rob was serving in his goodbye. wheeee!

I don't doubt that Russell is a huge asshat in real life; I certainly wouldn't want to know him in real life. But I wouldn't want to know most of these people :lol:

Loved Russell just flat out saying that he'd vote off Courtney or Sandra in front of them. :P His off-the-rails style of playing is so wrong that it has been working. I just can't see him making it to the finals again but he's impressing me more this time around than last time, just because he's not playing with complete idiots this time.

whee for The Redemption of Colby :lol:

Jenny
04-02-2010, 01:24 PM
This should be a wake up call for Rob - he's just as smart in this game, but he's not as much a manipulator as Russell and more a leader. As a leader, he's got to pay more attention to his people, especially in this game. People have noted he's not paying enough attention to the adoring Coach, and look what Russell has done - now his #2 wavered from the team's plan, which had to hurt. I hope we see Rob working harder to ensure that Sandra and Courtney are on board, and not let Coach and Jerri slip to the other side.

Sadly, Rob didn't pay attention to my advice last week. So literally, :wuzrobbed

Obviously it was the right thing to do, and I guess he was showing Jerri some respect after their talk, whereas I thought he directed his bitter comment at the end to Coach, who chose neutral ground rather than taking a stand against one of the power players.

Sigh, it's not the same without him, but I think we finally learned Rob's weakness in this game, and Russell clearly saw it - the social game. Great player, great survivor, great leader, super smart, but missed the boat on dealing with Jerri, Coach and Tyson, and gave Russell the opening he needed.

Courtney is likely counting on JT now, and Sandra will likely go into full "anyone but me" mode. If Danielle gets anywhere near the finale I will LOSE IT.

And I love JT. :)

sk8pics
04-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Yes, I also thought Rob's comment was directed at Coach.

I don't think the villains are going to win another challenge as a team. Rob was the one who did carry them through most of the challenges. At least it looked that way to me. And yes, he is a big threat, but it was too early to get rid of him. The way Russell is acting, I'm a little surprised none of the swing voters decided to blindside him. And Jerri heard him tell two different groups of people (with her as the common person to each group) that he was going to take them to the final 3 or final 4. So how could she ally herself with him at that point? Just doesn't seem to smart to me.

PeterG
04-02-2010, 05:42 PM
whee for The Redemption of Colby :lol:

It was good to see him stop moping, but I didn't like him tackling Jerri. Honestly, she weighs about half as much as Colby

Sadly, Rob didn't pay attention to my advice last week. So literally, :wuzrobbed

Obviously it was the right thing to do, and I guess he was showing Jerri some respect after their talk, whereas I thought he directed his bitter comment at the end to Coach, who chose neutral ground rather than taking a stand against one of the power players.

Coach's neutrality equalled stabbing a dagger into Rob. If Coach had not been "neutral", there would have been a tie where Rob would have beaten Russell, who would be HISTORY. Coach voting for Courtney was absolutely STOOPID. Coach should have been big enough to have done SOMETHING rather than WASTE a vote... :rolleyes:

genevieve
04-02-2010, 05:58 PM
It was good to see him stop moping, but I didn't like him tackling Jerri. Honestly, she weighs about half as much as Colby

In general I'm not fond of how physical they've allowed the challenges to become - Probst made a big point of emphasizing that players could stop others by any means possible - but that brought back memories of the S2 challenge where Colby and Jerri were tied together and had to make it through a course - Colby basically pushed, shoved and threw Jerri through the whole thing to win it. Of course, back then Jerri was such a bitch that it was very satisfying; this season I rather like her and it just seemed mean, And just as personal.

I'm hoping Sandra somehow makes it further than her prospects look right now - I lurve her. I love Courtney's snarkiness (omg her descriptions of Russell and Parvati with the clips that were shown were hilarious), but her play in the game is minimal and I'm fine with her leaving next opportunity. And now that we're seeing Danielle a bit, I actually like her - she's got the most to prove here and she's playing decently. we'll see if she can make some moves of her own during the 2nd half of the game.

Rupert....so useless...

Ares
04-02-2010, 06:34 PM
I guess he was showing Jerri some respect after their talk, whereas I thought he directed his bitter comment at the end to Coach, who chose neutral ground rather than taking a stand against one of the power players.I think he was bitter toward Coach simply because he knew it would hurt Coach more. Jerri would have brushed it off, but Coach is going to relive that for a very long time.

I am sad to see Rob go. As a fan of Parvati though, it will be nice to maybe see an episode in the future where she isn't a target.

Rupert....so useless...Ugh yes. I was on the CBS website yesterday and noticed that he has the most fans by a pretty big margin. Who are these people?

Also noticed, Danielle was the runner up in her previous season??? I must have missed that one because I don't remember her at all.

Prancer
04-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Also noticed, Danielle was the runner up in her previous season??? I must have missed that one because I don't remember her at all.

Danielle played with Cirie (her first season, the one where she was afraid of leaves at the beginning), Shane (the crazy dude with the fake cell phone and the thinking seat) and Terry (the manly-man fighter pilot), among others. People generally remember them, but not Aras, who actually won that season, or Danielle, the runner-up. Neither of them had particularly big personalities in a season with a lot of big personalities.

iloveemoticons
04-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Again loved Russell last season, just not feeling the love this season, not sure why.

ITA. I guess for me, the novelty of someone going on...and on...and on...about how they're the most awesome person who's ever lived and so forth starts to get tiring after a couple of months :lol: Especially when he didn't win the last one.

There were rumors that he just wasn't as into it this time around as he had been in the past. He's not young and hungry Rob any more; he's married, settled, brand-new dad Rob. He probably had mixed feelings about being there.

Ah, that'll do it. Annoying babies keep ruining Survivor players :mad: But really, it's a beautiful thing :)

Prancer
04-03-2010, 02:26 AM
I think we finally learned Rob's weakness in this game, and Russell clearly saw it - the social game. Great player, great survivor, great leader, super smart, but missed the boat on dealing with Jerri, Coach and Tyson, and gave Russell the opening he needed.

In that light, some of the votes were interesting:

Danielle ( votes Rob): Dude, you were my Boston buddy. We were supposed to go all the way together. You betrayed me, you broke my trust way too early in the game, you came in playing way too hard. I'm so sorry. I hope you'll forgive me. We'll get a beer sometime.

Jerri (votes Rob): Is this truly the vote that I want to place? No, it's not. Courtney should be the name that I've written down, but I'm making a choice tonight to align with certain people in hopes that this choice will be right for me in the end. Rob, I'm sorry that it ended up like this. I really wanted to play the game with you, even though you tried to throw me under the bus at least 3 times.

Parvati (Rob): Not all of us can be your Amber. Sorry, Charlie.

Yikes. How many people did Rob use the Amber line on?

Obviously there are a lot of things going on that we don't see. I wonder how he betrayed Danielle? She also says in another confessional that Rob was flipflopping like crazy throughout, which was one of the things they used to convince Jerri that he couldn't be trusted.

Rob does GREAT interviews, though; honest, but tactful and completely philosophical about being booted.

It will be interesting to see if the Jerri/Parvati/Danielle alliance holds up, because there is no love at all lost there.

BYTCH
04-03-2010, 08:13 AM
Fabulous episode, so glad the heroes didn't have to go to Tribal Council again.
Interesting, when James told Colby how he had always been his Superhero and how disappointed he was in him, Colby replied that it was worse being inside and watching himself play so badly. Ouch.

Jerri is more tolerable now, clearly life has smacked her around a bit, as it does everyone if they live long enough.

Rob too. For the first time I really did not want him to go, but I really want that little turd Russell to choke on his own blood, as they say in Italy.

This is the best season ever. I am soooo sorry James is gone; life is so unfair. Has anyone heard if his leg/knee healed?

Prancer
04-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Has anyone heard if his leg/knee healed?

From an interview with James last week:

Howís the leg?

Iím going through surgeries now. I tore my ACL meniscus and then I got some sort of infection from bad water and it messed up the knee more. We will find out more when they go in again in five weeks. My kneecap rubs against the bone and scatters cartilage around the area. It doesnít really hurt but it gets hot. If I put ice on it, I can watch it melt. Itís more annoying. I want to scratch it from the inside.

If anyone is interested in post-boot interviews, there's a thread at Survivor Sucks devoted to them: http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/65516/t/Post-Exit-Interviews--Contestants-Contains-possible-spoilers.html

People aren't supposed to post spoilers in that thread, but they do talk about what the bootees say in terms of what it means, and I can't guarantee that there aren't any slips (given the subject heading, there probably are and I haven't read them). But if you can skip the posts and just stick to the interviews (all copied and pasted in full in total violation of copyright :P), then there are some really good ones in there.

Jenny
04-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I think he was bitter toward Coach simply because he knew it would hurt Coach more. Jerri would have brushed it off, but Coach is going to relive that for a very long time.

I'm not sure Rob would say something just to be hurtful. I do think that he didn't have time for Coach's game - or lack thereof - and was annoyed that rather being taken out by smart play, he lost because of someone who is a weak player.

In that light, some of the votes were interesting:

VERY interesting, thanks. Haven't had a minute to watch any videos yet, but look forward to it.

I guess they never showed us any Danielle and Rob because it never turned out to be a factor in the game, but it would have been interesting to see Rob working on people other than his own (somewhat) loyal group. I've been disappointed that he seemed to focus on just a few because it's not a good enough strategy for a player of his calibre.

Similarly, if Danielle is doing anything, they need to show it, because at this point I think many viewers have no idea who she is, and if she ends up going far, that will frustrate us, particularly when she's with so many other really good players.

I do like Jerri this season for the first time too - humble yet confident of herself, quite insightful, very grown up.

One thing I'm going to be watching for next week is the look on JT's face when he finds out Rob is gone, as this is VERY good for him. There are several people still left with bigger targets than him, but no one who is as good at challenges as he is.