PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

genevieve
03-25-2010, 04:21 AM
grrrr, I just wrote a post that disappeared.

That was pure beauty. Russell!! :cheer2: The look on Rob's face was so totally priceless. I'm still sure that Russell will lose this one on one, but I still have hope that Russell will take Rob down. :lol:

Amanda and her weepy Bambi eyes need to leave.

I love sandra.

FiveRinger
03-25-2010, 06:45 AM
OMG--what a great episode! It wasn't at all what I expected, but I was satisfied.

Russell has definitely earned new respect from me. Love ya, Rob, but Tyson and you got played like fiddles. The only thing that would've been better is that if Tyson had to go back to camp to hear Rob call him 10 different kinds of boneheads. This TC was one of the best WTF moments in Survivor history. And I, for one, believe that Rob and Russell are going to be at the center of quite a few more!

James redeemed himself somewhat with me tonight and reminded me of why I liked him so much in other seasons. He has got to be one of the most unlucky players to ever participate on Survivor with the injuries. He exited gracefully, which I appreciated. Now that Colby has been given a reprieve, maybe he can find his mojo. James, with that analogy of him, Superman, and a girdle was dead on! I want to erase that image!!:)

Prancer
03-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Dayum.

That was a TC for the ages. Love him or hate him, Russell PLAYS the game. His strategy is to make it to the merge with Parvati and Danielle, and he did what he had to do to make it happen.

Welcome to the big leagues, Rob.

That said, Russell got really lucky. Tyson apparently convinced himself that Parvati and Danielle would be selfish and vote for Russell in order to save themselves and vote with the majority (but they knew Russell had the idol, so.......????), so he switched his vote to Parvati in order to ensure that Parvati went, as he considered her a bigger threat than Russell. He also assumed, of course, that Russell would also be selfish and play the idol for himself. Basically, Tyson was so sharp he cut himself.

MarieM
03-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Russell is my personnal survivor HERO.
Oh god, he plays, and he plays so evilly that I must fall for him every time !! :lol:

He's gonna lose this one for sure, but I don't care, he really is worth it :lol:

Jenny
03-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Phew, what a ride! I had to see some of the insider videos before I could even comment. My questions this morning: WTF Tyson :lol:, and more importantly, how did Russell know to go to Tyson with what seemed like an outlandish plan? Here's what I learned:

Parvati also went to Tyson. She told him that it was between him and her, and one of them was getting blindsided, and what are we going to do (giggles, toothy grin, flexes cleavage)? He told her that the other side is trying to flush out the Idol (wtf betrayal!). Then in a confessional, he says that he's used to being the smartest person in the room, and that he still thinks he is here, and that he needs to take charge (I guess rather than leave it in the hands of others, as he did in Brazil and it got him voted out), and if he goes home, at least it will be of his own doing. Odd, but I can almost see where he was coming from. When he voted for Parvati, he just said, "might be too soon, but we'll see."

Interestingly, Parvati also went to Jerri. When Jerri voted for her, she said something like, "you came to me today with an interesting proposition about how you could help me with the other tribe, but it's too little too late."

Other voting comments: Sandra said of her vote for Russell, "I don't think you're going today, but I annoy you and you annoy me and you're going home next time I hope"; Russell said nothing, and in fact folded his ballot and didn't even show the camera, although you could see Tyson as he wrote it; Parvati, as she voted for Tyson, said something like, "you're the buried treasure a pirate like me looks for" - and I think she meant someone who doesn't succumb to her charms immediately, that she has to work harder on, and where the payoff is bigger.

Russell in a confessional explains clearly that he is playing the long game, and hanging his strategy on two things: finding more Idols, and hooking up with Parvati's people on the other side. He says he could easily go with the group and vote her out now, but that puts him at the bottom of a big alliance, and that's not good enough as he wants to get to the end. VERY good reason for targeting Parvati in the first place, and taking a huge risk in ensuring she stays in the game.

JT also had an interesting confessional - he said that TC was very important because it was his chance with the other tribe. He didn't care about the hot dogs, and hoped rather to observe their interactions moments after their TC. He's been trying to make eye contact with different people in challenges, and planned to do it at TC too - he named Coach and Tyson to see where they stand, and "a couple of others I'm interested in." Then he makes the point that everything he says will be aimed at the Villains, and one of his tactics is to play the poor southern boy going all out and doing his best but getting nowhere with his tribe to hopefully win them over, "maybe the girls" he says. Smart guy using his southern charms and puppy dog eyes to hide the fact that he's really smart, socially astute, and a helluva challenge player. :)

rjblue
03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Can you post a link to the insider video. Google just leads me to other people talking about the same videos.

jamesy
03-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Is Danielle even part of the Villains tribe or does she just wander in from production camp to cast a vote when it's TC time? She was pivotal in being that 3rd vote against Tyson but otherwise she was just a non-entity. When Rob was explaining the 3/3 vote split to neutralize Russell/Parvati, there was something bugging me about that, until they got to TC and--oh yeah--there's a 9th player there. :shuffle:

sk8er1964
03-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Is Danielle even part of the Villains tribe or does she just wander in from production camp to cast a vote when it's TC time? She was pivotal in being that 3rd vote against Tyson but otherwise she was just a non-entity. When Rob was explaining the 3/3 vote split to neutralize Russell/Parvati, there was something bugging me about that, until they got to TC and--oh yeah--there's a 9th player there. :shuffle:

I thought the same thing. Russell, Parvarti and who? :confused:

Prancer
03-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Can you post a link to the insider video. Google just leads me to other people talking about the same videos.

You have to go to the CBS Survivor site (without the CBS, you just keep finding other sites): http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

Then scroll down and watch the clips under Newest Videos and Secret Scenes.

Some seasons, the Insider videos are a real waste of time, but other seasons, like this one, they really help viewers understand what's going on. Several times this season, players have been shown explicitly outlining their strategies, which often clarifies what seems to be bizarre decisions just because of the editing.

sk8er1964
03-26-2010, 01:36 AM
You have to go to the CBS Survivor site (without the CBS, you just keep finding other sites): http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

Then scroll down and watch the clips under Newest Videos and Secret Scenes.

Some seasons, the Insider videos are a real waste of time, but other seasons, like this one, they really help viewers understand what's going on. Several times this season, players have been shown explicitly outlining their strategies, which often clarifies what seems to be bizarre decisions just because of the editing.

It helps to have you guys to explain things too! :D

sk8pics
03-26-2010, 09:59 AM
I loved this episode, too! Good fake out by Russell at TC, I couldn't believe he actually gave the idol away! And Tyson, stupid! Rob had it all worked out just like Russell thought, but Tyson blew it. I have to say, although I'm not liking Russell much this season, I was rooting for him to pull this off just to see the look on Rob's face. :lol:

And I'm glad James is gone, just sorry they didn't vote him out a week earlier. But yes, he did go out with a little bit of grace, anyway.

Jenny
03-26-2010, 12:40 PM
I did think that Russell's gameplay was f*cking brilliant this time around - some Survivor fans (maybe half :)) have complained he's all talk, but not only was that genius, it was very very bold, and perfectly executed. Many have had great ideas on Survivor, but lacked the balls and/or the expertise to pull it off. Not our Russell.

This should be a wake up call for Rob - he's just as smart in this game, but he's not as much a manipulator as Russell and more a leader. As a leader, he's got to pay more attention to his people, especially in this game. People have noted he's not paying enough attention to the adoring Coach, and look what Russell has done - now his #2 wavered from the team's plan, which had to hurt. I hope we see Rob working harder to ensure that Sandra and Courtney are on board, and not let Coach and Jerri slip to the other side.

I wonder what Rob's post-merge plan is.

For that matter, several post-merge plans might now have to be revised with both Tyson and James gone.

Also thinking that Amanda is already blowing her third TC if she makes it that far - James would have been a lock vote if they could have hung on to him just a little longer.

Cupid
03-26-2010, 12:52 PM
OMG! This was on another night?? Stopped reading the last comments and will have to check my DVR to find and watch. Damned basketball!:lol:

Prancer
03-26-2010, 01:11 PM
I hope we see Rob working harder to ensure that Sandra and Courtney are on board, and not let Coach and Jerri slip to the other side.

Tyson said in his post-boot interviews that Jerri wants Rob gone, but he convinced her to gun for Parvati first. But that would still indicate that Jerri is woo-able, especially since she said in her vote that she found Parvati's deal interesting, if belated.

OTOH, with James gone (and Cirie before him), Parvati's value as an ally has to be down a bit.

Really, everyone on the Villians should be gunning for Rob at this point, since the merge is approaching and his chances of winning a lot of individual immunities are huge; JT is the only one who would get in his way for most of them. Rob plays to win; they all know that. And they do the same. I would think any tribal councils for the Villians from here to the merge would be hazardous for Rob.

I wonder what Rob's post-merge plan is.

It's interesting to me that he is allied with Courtney. Everyone is focused on Parvati's ties to Amanda and James, but Courtney also has ties with Amanda and James--and JT. This has never been mentioned on the show, I'm guessing because no one sees Courtney as a player like Parvati. But I wonder if Rob is thinking that Courtney might give him an in.

I really like Courtney's vids; she snarky, but she's also sharp. I wish they'd put her on the show more, as she seems to have a very good grasp of what is going on and an :lol: way of describing it. The fact that she isn't getting camera time indicates to me that she isn't going to be a factor in the game, but she's still a good narrator.

For that matter, several post-merge plans might now have to be revised with both Tyson and James gone.

:lol: Yeah, I'll bet there's been some real mental scrambling going on.

BaileyCatts
03-26-2010, 09:33 PM
...... I was rooting for him to pull this off just to see the look on Rob's face. :lol:.

A few people have mentioned the look on Rob's face and, well, I was kinda too busy screaming at that idiot Tyson to notice. :shuffle: Is there a clip of the tribal council so I can watch it again?