PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

genevieve
03-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Point challenge? There was a globe challenge where Russell S fainted last time, and Tom was the one directing everyone.

Sorry, I was confusing the reward challenge with the immunity challenge. I think in challenges like that with one leader and a bunch of followers a bad leader can ruin any chance of winning, but even a good leader can end up with a loss due to how the rest of the participants listen - it's not easy to pin that on any one person either unless there's one person who is clearly screwing up. Sometimes a lot of people doing well can fail because they aren't working as a team. I'd say Tom did a good job leading through that challenge but Rob knows how to direct his whole tribe and the Villains in general are just more focused.

But my original point was that this vote had nothing to do with challenge performance and I stand by that.

BaileyCatts
03-07-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm confused about something (and still don't know names). :) When they were deciding who to vote out on the Heros tribe, Tall Girl said "3 vote for Colby, 3 Vote for Tom. If he doesn't play idol they are tied so we vote again and Colby and Tom don't get to vote, then the 6 of us vote one of them out." I thought that when there was a tie, there is a revote but you CANNOT even vote for the 2 people who were tied? Meaning if Tom did not play idol, JT did not flip, Vote is 3 Colby, 3 Tom, 2 Cirie ... they revote but Tom/Colby cannot vote and YOU also cannot vote for them??? So the 6 of them would have had to vote out one of their own alliance??

:confused:

genevieve
03-07-2010, 06:30 PM
No, in the event of a tie/revote you can vote for the people who were tied. The plan was that, if Tom used the HII, it was guaranteed that his alliance-mate would be gone, but if he didn't use the HII they would all vote for Tom in the revote.

Erin
03-07-2010, 06:51 PM
There is a two-step process in the event of a tie. The first step is as genevieve (and Candice on Survivor) said where the two people who are on the chopping block don't vote and the rest of the tribe re-votes. If the tie is broken then, as happened last season when John switched his vote, then nothing further happens and the person with the most votes on the re-vote is gone. If the tie remains, then the two people who were going to be voted out are both safe and everyone else picks rocks to determine who is voted out. We've never seen the second step except in Season 4, which was a bit of a bastardization (because the two who were up for elimination were not declared safe). Clear as mud?

Sparks
03-07-2010, 09:16 PM
No, in the event of a tie/revote you can vote for the people who were tied. The plan was that, if Tom used the HII, it was guaranteed that his alliance-mate would be gone, but if he didn't use the HII they would all vote for Tom in the revote.

...which I thought was a very good plan. How did it get screwed up?

BaileyCatts
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
oohh. okay. I just had it wrong then. :D Thanks!

indicatoto101
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
...which I thought was a very good plan. How did it get screwed up?

Cirie's alliance counted on JT's vote, who dissented from the group and voted for Cirie. Never liked the guy since his Jedi powers compelled sweet, beautiful, and not so bright Branden to leave all strategy aside and help JT win the game.

Sparks
03-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Cirie's alliance counted on JT's vote, who dissented from the group and voted for Cirie. Never liked the guy since his Jedi powers compelled sweet, beautiful, and not so bright Branden to leave all strategy aside and help JT win the game.

Thanks.
I guess I'm not the only one who thinks JT is over-rated.

emason
03-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks.
I guess I'm not the only one who thinks JT is over-rated.

Nope, I never got the love the first time around and I don't get it now.

genevieve
03-09-2010, 02:23 AM
I think JT is a very good player but I don't find him anywhere near as likeable asthe other players in the game seem to...but this move made me like him more than I did previously.

Jenny
03-09-2010, 01:28 PM
One of the reasons I think that JT decided to get rid of Cirie is that like some of you, she wasn't under his spell. He realized that on his tribe, she's his greatest rival in the social game - too bad she didn't realize the same thing.

I think JT and Parvati are going to dislike each other.

genevieve
03-10-2010, 06:29 AM
just saw the preview ad for this week's ep...would LOVE for Russell to take Boston Rob out, but I don't think it's gonna happen. And I never like anyone to go out with an injury, but seeing LIVIDmanda whining "if he leaves, what am I gonna dooooooooooooooo :drama: " is making me hope... :EVILLE:

Prancer
03-12-2010, 04:47 AM
JT, what are you thinking, keeping James and his bad knee? Your numbers will only make it to the merge if you win some challenges, and even then--you can't count on flipping the Villians just because that scheme worked once, especially since EVERYONE on your own tribe no longer trusts you and the Villians aren't nearly as easy to manipulate as those people in Toncantins. Just last week, you were saying you couldn't trust Cirie because the other tribe was full of known flip floppers and um, hello? And Coach is the only Villain who would go for the "JT is just such a good guy he should win" ploy and he's not playing the same game, either. The rest of them are more likely to boot you BECAUSE they like you.

Yeah, James, I believe you when you say you will still be cool with anyone who votes you out, even though you are rolling your demented eyes at the time.

LOL at Jerri making the winning basket; that girl is a chocolate nut. I could clearly see her rolling around on the beach in Australia with Amber, going on about chocolate while Colby snarked that he "ain't no chocolate bar."

Hmm, what else? Oh, yeah, Coach. Good lord. He let Russell knight him. :lol: And wheeee for Parvati--"I don't ride anyone's coat tails."

Will the big Russell-Boston Rob showdown go down next week? Wheeeee!

genevieve
03-12-2010, 05:23 AM
Is it next week? I thought they were going on their March Madness break :blah: - or maybe next week we just get Survivor on a different night?

JT :wall: he just undid all my goodwill from last week and then some. Why on earth would he keep James over Tom? And why is no one concerned about the James/Amanda alliance?

Jerri is one tough cookie. I was convinced her nose was broken after Rupert slammed her into that post ("I didn't mean for THAT to happen :o"), and she just stood up and brushed it off with a Whatever, dude.

I often gloss over the reward locations, but that was truly stunning.

Fridge_Break
03-12-2010, 07:10 AM
HELLO. What a tribe of dummies!

ETA: Genevieve, the next new episode will be on Wednesday in two weeks (the 24th). :blah: As much as I love NCAA basketball, I don't want to wait that long for a new episode!