PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Amazing Race: Resuscitation Station

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

Beefcake
04-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Oy, complicated. Here’s what I’m reading for standings – we’re down to the top 12 (aka "Dirty Dozen" according to the sorer of losers).

Kudos to merrywidow, Flatfoote, and Sassafras for being green after all of these weeks. And to allezfred for hanging in for this long after immediately using up his resuscitation … before falling into life support this week.

I’ve filled in a few “next week” picks for those who've really got no options (i.e. most of us!). Anyone with actual decisions left to make, please have them in by Sunday, April 24. Sigh, if NEL is in store for the F4, it may be three weeks from yesterday before we’ll get our next result.

If I’ve biffed any of this, please advise.

Current standings & picks

ALIVE AND KICKING (OR THEREABOUTS):
(Placement) Player: Teams Utilized
merrywidow: LawLadies BigBrother CarolBrandy SteveAllie Dutectives BrettCaite
Sassafras: Cowboys SteveAllie CarolBrandy Dutectives BrentCaite LittleBrothers no pick
Flatfoote: BrentCaite CarolBrandy BigBrother SteveAllie LittleBrothers Dutectives
Lilia A: CarolBrandy BigBrother Dutectives SteveAllie BrentCaite no pick
Prancer: JoeHeidi BigBrother Dutectives BrentCaite CarolBrandy no pick LittleBrothers
KikiSashaFan: Cowboys LawLadies CarolBrandy SteveAllie Dutectives BrentCaite LittleBrothers
PrincessLeppard: Cowboys CarolBrandy BrentCaite SteveAllie Dutectives no pick LittleBrothers
SCG888: BigBrother SteveAllie CarolBrandy Dutectives BrentCaite no pick Cowboys
Beefcake: Dutectives CarolBrandy BigBrother LittleBrothers BrentCaite no pick Cowboys
jamesy: SteveAllie BrentCaite Dutectives LittleBrothers CarolBrandy no pickCowboys
ElizabethAnne: LittleBrothers SteveAllie BrentCaite BigBrother CarolBrandy Dutectives Cowboys
love skating: SteveAllie BrentCaite LittleBrothers BigBrother CarolBrandy Dutectives Cowboys
LIFE SUPPORT (plug to be pulled on or around Sunday, April 18):
(13t) allezfred: TeamNanna Dutectives BrentCaite CarolBrandy LittleBrothers Cowboys picks exhausted
(13t) Fridge Break: SteveAllie Dutectives LittleBrothers BigBrother BrentCaite Cowboys picks exhausted
(13t) FiveRinger:Cowboys LittleBrothers Dutectives BigBrother CarolBrandy BrentCaite picks exhausted
(13t) BevJohnston: Dutectives LawLadies LittleBrothers BrentCaite CarolBrandy Cowboyspicks exhausted
(13t) kedrin: BigBrother Cowboys Dutectives BrentCaite LittleBrothers no pick picks exhausted
THE DEPARTED:
(18t) Sk8pics: Cowboys LittleBrothers Dutectives BrentCaite no pick CarolBrandy
(18t) my_little_pony: Cowboys SteveAllie Dutectives BigBrother LittleBrothers CarolBrandy
(20) skatemonaz: TeamNanna SteveAllie BrentCaite CarolBrandy Dutectives no pick
(21) The Village Idiot: Cowboys Dutectives BrentCaite BigBrother SteveAllie
(22t) BYTCH: Cowboys no pick CarolBrandy no pick
(22t) Allskate: TeamNanna Cowboys Dutectives no pick
(22t) KHenry14: Cowboys LawLadies BigBrother no pick
(25) shan: SteveAllie LawLadies JoeHeidi

key:
green: Alive / eligible for resuscitation
purple: Alive / ineligible for resuscitation
red: Dead

TEAMS REMAINING:
Cowboys
Detectives
Brent/Caite
LittleBrothers

love skating
04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
As Beefcake already has down, I have to go with the Cowboys and it's my last pick.

kedrin
04-12-2010, 05:49 PM
technically speaking, isn't the plug supposed to be pulled around April 24? just trying to hang on as long as possible.:P

Lilia A
04-12-2010, 07:36 PM
I've got the cowboys and the Little Brothers left. I want both teams in the F3, but considering the situation I must pick the team that I trust the most.

I'm going with the Cowboys.

Beefcake
04-13-2010, 06:31 AM
technically speaking, isn't the plug supposed to be pulled around April 24? just trying to hang on as long as possible.:P
Nope! Start of the episode, little whiner. Do you think the house would let you in the game with no chips? Well, do ya? :P

So, get your affairs in order, little lambs. Five days until Nurse Living Saint pulls the plug. No, she doesn't work for me, and no she's not a registered nurse (at least in the above world) ... she just finds this sh*t fun.

Lilia A
04-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Well there's no TAR this Sunday, April 18 (I know :wuzrobbed x10000000). So technically those in life support remain there until the 25th? The start of the next episode, innit?

Beefcake
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Well there's no TAR this Sunday, April 18 (I know :wuzrobbed x10000000). So technically those in life support remain there until the 25th? The start of the next episode, innit?
Sigh, okay, you softie ... we'll keep them hanging on until the 25th. But then - HELLO Kervorkian! :saint:

Flatfoote
04-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Sooooo, if I'm reading this new "no pick" strategy right, I could go "no pick" for the next show, get resuscitated, then play my final team (Cowboys) the following week? If they're still around that is.

merrywidow
04-16-2010, 05:40 PM
I am counting on "my" cowboys to win so my next pick will be the:Little Brothers.

Beefcake
04-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Sooooo, if I'm reading this new "no pick" strategy right, I could go "no pick" for the next show, get resuscitated, then play my final team (Cowboys) the following week? If they're still around that is.
Yes, you can! Sly dog ... that should get you a :COP: 2nd-5th place finish.

:eek: that merrywidow has two picks left and hasn't burned a resuscitation. She and Lilia are so darned good at our TAR games, even when they don't particularly care for the format. :P Ladies, you'll be glad to know I'll be switching back to the "classic style" TAR game next edition ... and I predict that I'll be copying, er, [better to use Project Runway speak], I'll be "using your picks for inspiration."

Flatfoote
04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Yes, you can! Sly dog ... that should get you a :COP: 2nd-5th place finish.

LOL. Just think, in a few short weeks I've gone from "sweet honest fool" to "sly dog." :cool:

Lilia A
04-20-2010, 06:06 PM
:eek: that merrywidow has two picks left and hasn't burned a resuscitation. She and Lilia are so darned good at our TAR games, even when they don't particularly care for the format. :P Ladies, you'll be glad to know I'll be switching back to the "classic style" TAR game next edition ... and I predict that I'll be copying, er, [better to use Project Runway speak], I'll be "using your picks for inspiration."

I've been playing TAR predictions with a friend since the very beginning. We predict the placements, I lost last season thanks to Lance and Kerri who I had finishing in 4th (not that I'm complaining that they left sooner than in my predictions).
I got good with time, at first I wasn't good at all.

Hm, I predict that next season I'll be posting my picks at 7:59pm on the due date :P Just kidding ;)

Beefcake
04-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Breathe everyone! at least for another week, then ... blip ^ blip ^ blip - - - - - - - (stateoftheline.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/ist2_3885599-pull-the-plug.jpg)

Beefcake
04-27-2010, 08:26 PM
A moment of silence, please, for the just-departed Fridge Break, allezfred, BevJohnston, FiveRinger, and kedrin. :violin:

Looking ahead if Brent & Caite or the Dutectives go out this Sunday, we'll be down to our top 5 for the finale.

If the Little Brothers go out this Sunday, we'll have our winner ... Flatfoote!

If the Cowboys somehow go this Sunday, I "think" that merrywidow would win in the tiebreaker. But, oh Lordy I'd have some math to do! Nobody would have a pick for the finale ... :COP: ... a mess figuring out who would fall where. :lol:

:lol: Nobody saved Brent & Caite or the Dutectives for last.

Current standings & picks

ALIVE AND KICKING (OR THEREABOUTS):
(Placement) Player: Teams Utilized
SCG888: BigBrother SteveAllie CarolBrandy Dutectives BrentCaite no pick Cowboys [remaining: LittleBrothers]
Lilia A: CarolBrandy BigBrother Dutectives SteveAllie BrentCaite no pick Cowboys [remaining: LittleBrothers]
merrywidow: LawLadies BigBrother CarolBrandy SteveAllie Dutectives BrettCaite LittleBrothers [remaining: Cowboys]
Flatfoote: BrentCaite CarolBrandy BigBrother SteveAllie LittleBrothers Dutectives no pick [remaining: Cowboys]
Prancer: JoeHeidi BigBrother Dutectives BrentCaite CarolBrandy no pick LittleBrothers [remaining: Cowboys]
Sassafras: Cowboys SteveAllie CarolBrandy Dutectives BrentCaite LittleBrothers no pick [remaining: none]
KikiSashaFan: Cowboys LawLadies CarolBrandy SteveAllie Dutectives BrentCaite LittleBrothers [remaining: none]
PrincessLeppard: Cowboys CarolBrandy BrentCaite SteveAllie Dutectives no pick LittleBrothers [remaining: none]
Beefcake: Dutectives CarolBrandy BigBrother LittleBrothers BrentCaite no pick Cowboys [remaining: none]
jamesy: SteveAllie BrentCaite Dutectives LittleBrothers CarolBrandy no pickCowboys [remaining: none]
ElizabethAnne: LittleBrothers SteveAllie BrentCaite BigBrother CarolBrandy Dutectives Cowboys [remaining: none]
love skating: SteveAllie BrentCaite LittleBrothers BigBrother CarolBrandy Dutectives Cowboys [remaining: none]
LIFE SUPPORT:N-A
THE DEPARTED:
(13t) allezfred: TeamNanna Dutectives BrentCaite CarolBrandy LittleBrothers Cowboys picks exhausted
(13t) Fridge Break: SteveAllie Dutectives LittleBrothers BigBrother BrentCaite Cowboys picks exhausted
(13t) FiveRinger:Cowboys LittleBrothers Dutectives BigBrother CarolBrandy BrentCaite picks exhausted
(13t) BevJohnston: Dutectives LawLadies LittleBrothers BrentCaite CarolBrandy Cowboyspicks exhausted
(13t) kedrin: BigBrother Cowboys Dutectives BrentCaite LittleBrothers no pick picks exhausted
(18t) Sk8pics: Cowboys LittleBrothers Dutectives BrentCaite no pick CarolBrandy
(18t) my_little_pony: Cowboys SteveAllie Dutectives BigBrother LittleBrothers CarolBrandy
(20) skatemonaz: TeamNanna SteveAllie BrentCaite CarolBrandy Dutectives no pick
(21) The Village Idiot: Cowboys Dutectives BrentCaite BigBrother SteveAllie
(22t) BYTCH: Cowboys no pick CarolBrandy no pick
(22t) Allskate: TeamNanna Cowboys Dutectives no pick
(22t) KHenry14: Cowboys LawLadies BigBrother no pick
(25) shan: SteveAllie LawLadies JoeHeidi

key:
green: Alive / eligible for resuscitation
purple: Alive / ineligible for resuscitation
red: Dead

TEAMS REMAINING:
Cowboys
Detectives
Brent/Caite
LittleBrothers

Fridge_Break
04-28-2010, 03:12 AM
Thank you for the funeral violin, Beefy. That was a nice touch to such a dreary moment in my life.