PDA

View Full Version : RuPaul's Drag Race Season II

Pages : 1 [2] 3

luenatic
02-26-2010, 04:22 PM
I finally got to catch up with this show. Love all the catty comments in 'untucked'. :lol:

berthesghost
03-12-2010, 10:28 PM
My favorites are easily Tatiana (GORGEOUS!), Pandora and even Jessica because she just tries so hard and seems to have a great attitude. I love the way Sonique looks when not in drag, but she's a mean bitch. Raven is also beautiful but obviously has issues. HATE Tyra.ITA!

Pandora is my fav because I like comedy in my drag, I don't get "pretty drag" at all.

That said, you'll understand why I don't get the judges fascination with Tyra. Besides, I find Raven and Tatiana to be prettier.

The bridal challenge was fun I thought, as was the Disco commercial, and the game show as a hoot. But I don't really get the short challenges. What the hell do gift wrapping and deep fried food identification have to do with drag?

olympic
03-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Bump

We need to talk about this, as it is now down to 4 'ladies': Raven, Tyra, Tatianna, and Jujubee.

Tyra should've won the challenge where she dressed up her old Drag Mama. The last challenge went to Raven. Raven looks like someone you really wouldn't want to mess with :scream:

Poor Pandora Boxx, Jessica Wild, Sonique, Morgan McDaniel :( GWTW

uyeahu
03-31-2010, 10:54 PM
Now that Pandora's gone I'm done. I like Tati and Juju ok, but Pandora was the best of the bunch and I can't take the inevitable Tyra crowning ahead. I just don't get the Tyra love.

luenatic
03-31-2010, 11:58 PM
I can't take the inevitable Tyra crowning ahead. I just don't get the Tyra love.

TLo said it best.

Look, we love this show but its greatest strength is also its greatest weakness: the entire competition is based around the career of RuPaul...The first season's winner was a tall, stunningly beautiful black drag queen. There is a very good chance that this season's winner will be a tall, stunningly beautiful black drag queen.

Source: http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/03/rpdr-s2e8-our-grief-is-mountainous.html

uyeahu
04-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Yeah, but Ru Paul also has TALENT and can pull off catty without being bitchy, and Tyra seems to be sorely deficient in those areas.

olympic
04-01-2010, 04:30 AM
TLo said it best.

Source: http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/03/rpdr-s2e8-our-grief-is-mountainous.html

In this case, I guess I'll be rooting for Raven

luenatic
04-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Season Finale tonight! May the best wo-man win!

Beefcake
04-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Raven FTW! Love that bitch, despite her odd Tatiana Sucks obsession. She's the least likely winner, though, unless Ru does the black girl white girl rotational thing that Tyra Banks has perfected. :P

Methinks it'll probably be the Other Tyra, who has always looked great but, really think about it, has done or said nothing particularly memorable or fabulous on the stage or in a challenge. 2nd most likely is that the haven't-won-a-runway-challenge-yet "underdog" Juju wins. I just pray that Juju will forego any backless dresses tonight.

Any and all criteria, though, is pretty much just for shits and grins. Ru probably made up her mind in Week 2 (if not upon viewing the audition vids). :lol:

uyeahu
04-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Are people still watching this season? I gave it up after Pandora left. :p

BigB08822
04-27-2010, 01:39 AM
JuJu is a clear winner for me. I know she hasn't won any of the runway challenges or whatever they are but she has been solid and she looks FLAWLESS. Raven was in the bottom too much and I think kept around for drama. Tyra is not deserving and if she wins it will look like they are attempting to stick with the beautiful black drag queen. This is really REALLY common in the pageant system down here, the pretty black girls win every time. Not saying anyone is racist or that it is wrong but that seems to be what is in lately as far as looks go in the drag world.

BigB08822
04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Who won?

olympic
04-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Who won?

The one
You
Recall
As the cattiest of the bunch

BigB08822
04-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Hmmm, interesting indeed...they went with the predictable winner. I would have loved to have seen JuJu take it.

luenatic
04-27-2010, 05:03 PM
I like Juju too. But I really think Raven is a much better (and experienced) performer. Juju's fashion style was kinda strange in a way. IMHO, RuPaul picked Tyra was because of Tyra's homeless situation. Tyra needs a break in real life.

Besides, RuPaul is already hiring Pandora Boxx, Raven and Juju for the RuPaul Drag U. They're all winners!