PDA

View Full Version : Apple announces iPad

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

sk8pics
02-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Like 'em both! No, don't give away the MacBook Pro! :eek:! Yeah, I don't think the iPad is at that level, and probably won't be for a while.
Don't worry, I was only kidding! My iBook is still running okay even though it is 7 years old; I actually bought it used about 4 years ago. I am hoping it will survive my friend's use; I would feel terrible if it broke as soon as he learned how to use it!:lol:

IceAlisa
04-15-2010, 04:16 AM
iPad=world's most expensive cat toy:

http://img.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1/d8/27/always_love_alexei_yagudin/folder/1177471/img_1177471_30221891_5?1250109828

Aceon6
04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Everyone in my office who has played with one at the Apple Store has bought one. I'm staying the hell away (for now, at least).

Jackie Sparrow
08-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Hey computer freaks: a friend of mine has got an iPad and two days ago she was able to connect to my wireless. She tried again yesterday, the iPad seemed to connect but whenever she wanted to browse Safari or Facebook, it said she wasn't connected. Any idea? I checked if my iPhone didn't work either but it worked fine, my laptop too.

PrincessLeppard
08-12-2010, 12:07 PM
My iPad burps like that sometimes as well. I just shut it off, wait a minute, then turn it back on. This seems to work 95% of the time.

algonquin
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Long article, but it might be of interest to some.

iHelp for Autism (http://www.sfweekly.com/2010-08-11/news/ihelp-for-autism/)

For autistic children, the new iPad is an effective, portable device for teaching communication and social skills. It’s also way cool.

cruisin
08-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey computer freaks: a friend of mine has got an iPad and two days ago she was able to connect to my wireless. She tried again yesterday, the iPad seemed to connect but whenever she wanted to browse Safari or Facebook, it said she wasn't connected. Any idea? I checked if my iPhone didn't work either but it worked fine, my laptop too.

When it says she is not connected to the internet, will it connect in a few seconds? My Mac desk top does that all of the time, with wireless. We have an Airport wireless router, which is Apple, so I know that is not the problem. However, since we changed from high speed dial-up to IO cable, it happens all of the time. It's just a slightly annoying little glitch, but doesn't seem to effect my accessibility.

skatemomaz
08-13-2010, 02:14 AM

My mom just bought an iPad and is in the hospital right now. She was having the same problem with the hospital wifi. We solved it by setting up the wifi in the Settings app rather than just connecting from the main screen.

eta BTW the iPad is fabulous for someone who is bedridden for any length of time. My mom is loving the ability to read books, listen to audiobooks, read e-mail, Facebook, play with her Art apps, listen to music and so much more all on one little unit.

cruisin
08-13-2010, 05:03 AM
My mom just bought an iPad and is in the hospital right now. She was having the same problem with the hospital wifi. We solved it by setting up the wifi in the Settings app rather than just connecting from the main screen.

eta BTW the iPad is fabulous for someone who is bedridden for any length of time. My mom is loving the ability to read books, listen to audiobooks, read e-mail, Facebook, play with her Art apps, listen to music and so much more all on one little unit.

I'm so glad he's enjoying it. My best to your Mom and your family.

Jackie Sparrow
08-13-2010, 07:43 AM
When it says she is not connected to the internet, will it connect in a few seconds? My Mac desk top does that all of the time, with wireless. We have an Airport wireless router, which is Apple, so I know that is not the problem. However, since we changed from high speed dial-up to IO cable, it happens all of the time. It's just a slightly annoying little glitch, but doesn't seem to effect my accessibility.

No, she could connect to the wifi but couldn't use the internet or FB for example. I check the internet and apparently this problem is known. I locked our wifi for registered MAC-addresses, added her addy and then reopened it and now it seems to work.