PDA

View Full Version : Apple announces iPad

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Mayra
01-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Absolutely ridiculous name :lol: Not sure what they were thinking.

Not sure either, but apparently Mad Tv had a heads up on Apple. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjU0K8QPhs

cruisin
01-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Not sure either, but apparently Mad Tv had a heads up on Apple. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjU0K8QPhs

That's hilarious!

uyeahu
01-28-2010, 12:22 AM
I think like most Apple products it's target market is people with disposable income who are willing to pay for cool design. If you've already got a laptop then you might not be interested (unless you travel a lot), but for those who were thinking about getting a netbook or kindle device it's definitely going to be an affordable temptation. I've also seen a lot of people talking about how good it would be for their mothers/grandmothers as a way to be online and have email without having to use a real computer. And I predict the name will become part of the cultural landscape just as "iPod" has and will quickly lose mental associations with feminine hygiene products. In short, I believe Steve Jobs is a helluva lot smarter than me and I'd bank on this becoming another "must have" device sooner rather than later.

myhoneyhoney
01-28-2010, 02:29 AM
Right, especially since one of the articles my cousin sent me said that it didn't seem like it could multitask. Considering how many windows we can have up at the same time, multitasking is a MUST for our computers.

I read that in this PC World article (http://www.pcworld.com/article/187962/apples_ipad_mistakes.html) and that raised my eyebrow. I like listening to Pandora while surfing....

And really, no flash?

carrot
01-28-2010, 02:42 AM
You could do it through email, but until this past Sept?, unless you went through AT&T's annoying retrieval process, the iPhone did not have the capability to MMS.

My father has an iPhone and he could always MMS pics to me, even before September.

AxelAnnie
01-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Most of us are ... in theory. :shuffle: I can't help my neural connections -- iPad brings along a whole stream of images for me. I guess I could keep them to myself -- if I weren't so juvenile/senile. )

Obviously named by a bunch of men LOL!

Charlini
01-28-2010, 03:39 AM
I've been a longtime supporter of Apple, but I'm finding the tablet to be excessive and unnecessary for just about anyone. With it's relative size, why not just use a laptop? It can do everything the iPad does and more; or be satisfied with the size of the iPhone.

That is EXACTLY what I cannot figure out, either...:confused: I won't be rushing out to buy an ipad any time soon. I already have a laptop and an iphone.

slicekw
01-28-2010, 04:38 AM
To keep it safe, you can get a soft, absorbent wrapper with wings.

Seriously, did Apple not consider the female market? Women make most of the home choices, including home electronics.
Even worse, they don't own the trademark on "ipad".

hailstorm
01-28-2010, 05:08 AM
To keep it safe, you can get a soft, absorbent wrapper with wings.

Seriously, did Apple not consider the female market?

The NY Times, among others, agrees with you:

The iPad’s Name Makes Some Women Cringe (http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/27/the-ipads-name-makes-some-women-cringe/?ref=technology)

LOL (from the article) at "iTampon"!

slicekw
01-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Heh. I said "iTampon" at work to a friend and my manager (it's that kind of relationship). My teammate in the next cube, also female, exploded with laughter.

My favorite is iStayFree, to emphasize using it wirelessly.

Anita18
01-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Bwahahahaha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eF0y0IfpPU

How prophetic...(note that the upload date is 2006)

AragornElessar
01-28-2010, 06:52 AM
For those w/an iPhone...When you're dialing a number, how big is the layout/numbers on the screen?

Reason I'm asking is that Mom's got severe Macular Degeneration and she can't see the number keys on the current Cell we've got. I've even shown her, several times at that, how to do where she doesn't have to bother w/the number keys, as the important numbers are all in Memory. She always forgets, so...

Just wondering and thanks in advance!!

Glide2
01-28-2010, 07:14 AM
I want one. :respec:

milanessa
01-28-2010, 07:27 AM
For those w/an iPhone...When you're dialing a number, how big is the layout/numbers on the screen?

Reason I'm asking is that Mom's got severe Macular Degeneration and she can't see the number keys on the current Cell we've got. I've even shown her, several times at that, how to do where she doesn't have to bother w/the number keys, as the important numbers are all in Memory. She always forgets, so...

Just wondering and thanks in advance!!

Does she actually need/want an iPhone or just something with numbers she can read?

Angelskates
01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
And really, no flash?

The no flash is the reason I won't get one. (Well, and it's too expensive) I have a MacBook and an iPod; no need for a iPhone (I love my Nokia E66).