PDA

View Full Version : Wowie kazowie! Check out Evening w Champs Lineup!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Sylvia
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
You're welcome!

I had no idea Jason's changed his mind about competing. Very happy to hear that & looking forward to seeing him skate next season!
Great to hear because with his 10th place finish at Nationals, I think he has a realistic shot at getting his first Senior B international assignment (not counting his recent collegiate international experiences).

Yazmeen
04-21-2010, 07:16 PM
I take it Nancy K was a no show (understandably)?

smurfy
04-21-2010, 09:33 PM

Nancy was not at the Fri pm show.

snoopysnake
04-22-2010, 03:40 AM

Nor Saturday's show. I noticed that her name was on and off the website roster in the months and weeks leading up to the show. Perhaps she did hope to be able to attend, but I suppose with the recent new developments in her brother's indictment, she needs to be out of the spotlight. I thought of her during the show and prayed that she's coping well.

harekrishna43
05-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Does anyone have video of the Tai/Randy and JoJo/Ken Shelley segment? I saw the still photos but would love the see the real thing.

Sylvia
05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
More EWC photos: http://www.frogsonice.com/skateweb/reports/2010-ewc/

Cool story from the captions re. Dick Button, John Misha Petkevich, and Paul Wylie:

As the group was breaking up, I noticed Paul was holding a trophy. The light bulb went on when I saw him talking to Misha about it.

Dick Button finished second at his first Worlds in Stockholm in 1947, but he was befriended by Ulrich Salchow (at that time president of the ISU), who did not want him to go home without a trophy. So Salchow gave him one of his own trophies. Dick gave the trophy to Misha in 1972, and now it appears Paul is its new owner. So, here's a shot of the three Harvard guys together with Ulrich Salchow's trophy.

skatesindreams
05-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I was aware of the story; but, didn't know that Paul was the current owner.
That's wonderful!

Thanks to "frogsonice" for the photographs and report, also.

Sylvia
05-05-2010, 05:15 PM
More photos: http://sarahbrannen.yellapalooza.com/skating/2010_evening_champions/index.html