PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in the Ten. Let's all get our sticks back out.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Beefcake
05-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Filthy.

:shuffle: I'd rather see ARod spank (or what-not) Pics silly. Eh, either way ... :watch:

skatak
05-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Fingers crossed for you, skatak! Ladies SF should be on the docket, right? Hope you to see your favorites.

Well, fingers not crossed enough apparently, that day was terrible.
In the four games i was about to see, i wanted to see Venus Williams more. with that ****in rain, she was the first to be postponed as she was to play last.
that ****in rain went on and on... i finally found a place to sit down in dry conditions, fortunately i had brought my book, but i was starting to get asleep... finally the matches started at... 3.30 PM. wow.

Roddick / Kavcic was not really a good match. Two interruptions because of the rain (and then you understand that umbrella are not the solution... when your neightbours in front of you have a very large one that pours all its water on your knee... so you end up standing up in the rain, there no dry place anywhere near anyway).
At the end i was really thinking 'okay Andy, let's pretend you win with a somewhat quite close result, and bring on the girls !'

was quite happy to see the two French women entering the place... after 8 pm, but I was really feeling cold at that time (and wet, which is not surprising). but Bartoli was so good she was losing 2-5 to a girl that is at more than 100 ranks below her. she was booed (err.. almost booed, quite a few people left) when she asked the game to be stopped because of darkness the first time. she was positively answered the second time (and it was starting to rain, again).

all in all, when I see how expensive it was, for just 4 sets of Roddick, and almost a set of Bartoli, with very poor overall conditions, I really feel this day was just horrible.

skatak
05-27-2010, 11:31 PM
what is even more frustrating is watching the program for tomorrow, which is planned to be sunny... 5 very good matches ! (compared to 1.5 more than average match) :angryfire
and the lucky people are the one with tix for the Annex court, where the most prestigious matches will be inserted to reduce the delay caused by the rain.
well, not lucky today :( better stop thinking of it, or I will get really maaaaaaad. let's already pretend the French Open is over, okay ?

Rottie
05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Aw skatak, clearly the weather hates you. Make sure to tell it exactly how you feel. I've heard communication is the key to improving a relationship. ;)

(Truly sorry you had a bad day at the FO.)

CaptCrunch
05-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh skatak, sorry about your bad day yesterday. I've been to many US Opens in the past and have had whole days wiped out by rain. It sucks. :(

WOW, Venus continues to impress on the slow clay. Took out Cibulkova with no problems. Martina Navratilova just said it was the best she's ever seen Venus play on clay (this tournament). Go Vee :cheer2:

So who wins Sharapova/Henin tomorrow? How about Rezai/Petrova later today?

Fergus
05-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Tsonga gettin' frustrated, spewing balls all over the place in that last game vs. de Bakker. Now @ tie break in the 1st set.

The Dutchman takes the first set! Tsonga with 5 DF's in the 1st set alone.

Beefcake
05-28-2010, 03:43 PM
:lol: Claycourt extraordinnaire Ginepri is through to the 3rd round. Six 1st round losses out of seven appearances here. The seventh was that inexplicable 4th round appearance two years ago, so I can't completely :rofl: about how unlikely his result this week has been. Should end humorously enough next round versus Ferrero.

Fellow American claycourt extraordinnaire Fish is on serve in the middle of the 5th vs Ljubicic, and could match his best-ever finish here. Heck, even Taylor Dent won a match this week. Got to hand it to these old guys ... giving us one of our last glimpses of a pretty good (if not great) generation of US tennis (incl. Roddick and the Bryans) before handing it over to ... well, not a generation as much as pretty much just Querrey and Isner. (And it's worrisome that, countering John's excitement, Sam is already burned out on the sport this season. Sigh.)

:cheer: Vee! Take THAT naysayers and unfashion-forward whiners.

CC: Henin easy. And: Rezai/Petrova, I'm torn between what's best for Venus and what's best for the TV audience and the sport. Petrova wins = likely her usual big-round Petrovaplosion vs Venus in the R16. Rezai wins = likely good match vs Venus in the R16.

oleada
05-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I think Aravane will win. A 4R versus Venus would be interesting. I don't trust Venus on clay, so I would pick Aravane for the win on that one.

As for Sharapova/Henin - Henin for sure, not sure if "easy" as Justine hasn't exactly been playing too well.

hydro
05-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I think Aravane will win. A 4R versus Venus would be interesting. I don't trust Venus on clay, so I would pick Aravane for the win on that one.

As for Sharapova/Henin - Henin for sure, not sure if "easy" as Justine hasn't exactly been playing too well.

Either has Sharapova, who is a pale comparison of her former self. I can't image Sharapova having any ammunition against Justine on clay. Justine should have no trouble.

oleada
05-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Anyone want to bet on the number of winners in the Dulgheru/Wozniacki match? :saint:

Loves_Shizuka
05-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Sorry about your day, skatak :(

Can't wait for Henin/Sharapova tomorrow. Woooo! Good luck Maria! I hope it's a good, tense 3 setter.

Congrats to Tsonga! I love that dude.

judgejudy27
05-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Oh skatak, sorry about your bad day yesterday. I've been to many US Opens in the past and have had whole days wiped out by rain. It sucks. :(

WOW, Venus continues to impress on the slow clay. Took out Cibulkova with no problems. Martina Navratilova just said it was the best she's ever seen Venus play on clay (this tournament). Go Vee :cheer2:

So who wins Sharapova/Henin tomorrow? How about Rezai/Petrova later today?

Henin whips Sharapova on clay. No problem.

I am thinking Rezai comes through vs Petrova but not sure. The winner takes out Venus next round IMO.

Loves_Shizuka
05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Rezai just won the first set 7-6 having been down 5-3. C'mon Aravane!! The crowd love her (now) :D

Fergus
05-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Youzhny and Troicki are hustling out there!

They're really chasing down some crazy shots. Entertaining, to say the least. ;)

oleada
05-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Rezai just won the first set 7-6 having been down 5-3. C'mon Aravane!! The crowd love her (now) :D

:cheer2: