PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in the Ten. Let's all get our sticks back out.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

oleada
05-03-2010, 12:14 AM
^OMG yes. Pleeeeeeeeeeease let JJ get a slam!

If she beat Justine on the way to winning a slam, that would make that H2H so much less embarassing :lol:

Fergus
05-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Bob and Mike take #60!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

BigB08822
05-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah right, I am no Henin fan but nearly anyone else currently winning would be way worse than Henin. Not only is Henin winning the French almost for sure what will happen but it would be about the only practical thing happening. One of the Russian headcases fluking to their way to a lucky sort of slam (which there have already been a couple for that crop) when none of them are even playing well now would be a joke. Serena ever winning it again with her current game on clay (she is so far past her prime on that surface it isnt even funny) would be another form of embarassment to the already much criticized womens game. Kim is injured now and might not play the French, and if she does it will probably be her first event back. If she showed up cold turkey and won the French on probably her worst surface it would look worse than her U.S Open title after a long retirement did to some people. Venus or Maria winning it, ROTFL at even the thought. Wozniacki the "I cant hit a winner" pusher winning a slam would not likely do much positive for the womens game right now. Forget even considering Azarenka at the moment.

Jankovic winning it would be nice and I wouldnt mind seeing that happen, in fact I would prefer her to Henin, but I am not sure how likely that is.

Tennis Gods, are you listening!? Judgejudy just jinxed the hell out of Henin! Take note!

Seriously, though. I am well aware that Henin should walk away with the title. I didn't mean that when I said it wouldn't be right. I just can't stand her and I feel she has cheated her way to one slam already, so she deserves to lose this one when it has her name written all over it. Karma is a bitch!

Beefcake
05-03-2010, 07:29 PM
JJ for Roland Garros champion! :cheer:

Or Kuzzie, despite her form. :)

Or Elena Dee! :P Hey, now that the very last of the believers (sigh, me) has finally given up on Dementieva snaring a Slam title ... she'll probably do it.

Or Felo in drag! (OMG, epiphany -- Felo would walk away with the RuPaul's Drag Race III crown. :glamor: Ru loves 'em pretty.)

judgejudy27
05-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Tennis Gods, are you listening!? Judgejudy just jinxed the hell out of Henin! Take note!

Seriously, though. I am well aware that Henin should walk away with the title. I didn't mean that when I said it wouldn't be right. I just can't stand her and I feel she has cheated her way to one slam already, so she deserves to lose this one when it has her name written all over it. Karma is a bitch!

So who would you like to see win it, not only practically think can, but who would even be an ideal winner in your eyes. Kuznetsova is lucky to have won 2 slams already, she didnt beat hardly anyone to win either of them as it was. Her ever tieing someone like Davenport in singles slam titles would seem like an all time injustice given that she is nowhere near the same caliber of player or threat overall (and Lindsay's mid semifinal injury gifted Kuzzy the 2004 U.S Open she never would have won anyway). I like Kim way more than Justine, but really Clijsters coming into it with no warmups and winning on her worst surface would be an embarssment to the already much criticized womens game. Serena so far below her prime clay court level (which wasnt even that stellar to begin with) winning it would also be a further embarassment to the womens game. And dont even get me started on Safina, or Wozniacki the pusher who dates tennis back to the 60s minus the volleying skills.

The only one who I would like to see more is Jankovic, and that has nothing to do with liking Henin (who does like Henin actually, lol) but thinking what an :yikes: situation any of the other plausible options would be all things considered. Stosur as well I guess, but she is even more unlikely at this particular slam than Jankovic. Considering the other options Henin, by far the best clay courter of this generation love her or hate her, winning would be far more tolerable than nearly all the other realistic options even for someone like me who also doesnt like her much.

BigB08822
05-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Henin. I've tried to make it clear that there is no logic involved, just a horrible distaste for Henin. Not sure how else to say it? For shits and giggles I would like to see Safina win so she finally has a slam and people can get off her back. I'm not sure of her form or anything currently, though.

sweetsparky
05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Or Felo in drag! (OMG, epiphany -- Felo would walk away with the RuPaul's Drag Race III crown. :glamor: Ru loves 'em pretty.)

Feliciano is just involved in big :drama: right now in gossip press, so maybe heŽd consider it :shuffle:

judgejudy27
05-03-2010, 11:08 PM
I would like Djokovic to win the French, Roddick to win Wimbledon, and Rafa to win the U.S Open. For the women Jankovic to win the French, Venus to win Wimbledon, and Clijsters to defend at the U.S Open. That is my wish list for the rest of the year. Of course probably 0 of those will happen, maybe the Venus or Clijsters ones might.

Beefcake
05-03-2010, 11:17 PM
I would like Djokovic to win the French, Roddick to win Wimbledon, and Rafa to win the U.S Open. For the women Jankovic to win the French, Venus to win Wimbledon, and Clijsters to defend at the U.S Open. That is my wish list for the rest of the year. Of course probably 0 of those will happen, maybe the Venus or Clijsters ones might.
X
All of this. I'll even [holding my nose but genuinely] wish alongside you for the Nole RG win if it means Andy can overcome the soul-crushing outcome of last year's Wimbly final and take the Championship this season.

All-in-all those champs would make for a :kickass: Slam year. (How many times in the Open era has there been 4 separate Slam winners for "both" ladies and men?)

oleada
05-04-2010, 12:28 AM
I just want Jelena to win a slam, any slam. :shuffle:

Justine for Wimbledon! :cheer: But maybe not this year, because I want her around longer.

Rottie
05-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Just catching up after 10 days on the road. :( for delPo. Hope it's a temporary thing.

Re FO men: Now that Rafa seems to be healthy again, any chance anyone else will win? I have trouble seeing it.

Loves_Shizuka
05-04-2010, 05:44 PM
^No. NO-one else will win. Simple as.

Safina struggling; loses to Dulgheru. Obviously she's still feeling her way back - her ranking is going to suffer, but she shouldn't worry about that. Wins for Venus and Serena upon their return, and Jankovic wins too. :D

What's going on with Feli Lopez - has he finally come clean about our affair?! (Pfff, I wish he'd inform me of such decisions ;) )

And finally, on Delpo - TODAY, he underwent surgery in the States for his chronic wrist injury. He's been given a recovery period of about 3-6 months; meaning, if all goes well he might be back for the USO - at the earliest. There's still the possibility though that he could miss the whole rest of the season; it really depends how he recovers/trains. I wish him all the best and to not come back until he's fully fit and ready.

oleada
05-05-2010, 05:11 PM
JJ GOAT :cheer:
Now surely an interesting match against Venus. Their matches are always good.

judgejudy27
05-05-2010, 05:12 PM
On clay JJ should beat Venus pretty comfortably. If she doesnt I am definitely scratching her from any chances at the French.

oleada
05-05-2010, 07:03 PM
I agree that if Jelena plays like she did today, she'll win, and she does lead the H2H on clay. But I don't think it'll necessarily be easy - all but one of their 10 matchups have gone to 3 sets; the first one ever which was before Jelena ever hit her stride. Their matches are always full of :drama:

And this is JJ and Venus we're talking about here. :lol: