PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in the Ten. Let's all get our sticks back out.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

sweetsparky
04-25-2010, 01:01 PM
I have seen in malls Fernando (http://newballs.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/fernando-verdasco-calvin-klein.jpg) Verdasco (http://www.red17.com/img/contenidos/2010/02/04/fernando_verdasco_calvin_klein_878.jpg)īs Calvin Klein advertisement, but I donīt think TV commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEtmQIRTYlk&NR=1), zorry but is kind of :rofl: even if :grope:, has been showed yet

Loves_Shizuka
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM
^He's so wooden. And not in a good way. ;) Bless 'im.

Rottie
04-25-2010, 02:23 PM
USA is playing Russia in Fed Cup this weekend in Birmingham, AL. Attendance looks to be about 1500 people.

I suppose their scary weather might have had something to do with that. Tornados mostly touched down in northern Mississippi, but storm system was headed toward Alabama; Birmingham specifically mentioned on news as probably getting flooding.

Good on Oudin for the win!

oleada
04-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Clijsters injured a muscle in her foot and will be out for up to 6 weeks. :(
In the same tie, Henin broke a finger and lost to Kanepi, subbing in for Kim. What on earth is going on there? :lol:

Loves_Shizuka
04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
^I know man; RG looks touch and go for Kim. Hope she's OK.

Dementieva beat Oudin, 7-6 0-6 6-3, in the 3rd tie; Russia up 2-1 now. Didn't see the match but apparently it was atrocious. :scream:

oleada
04-25-2010, 11:53 PM
It was Chakvetadze/Kuznetsova USO SF level. :scream:

CaptCrunch
04-26-2010, 02:47 AM
Yippee, Team USA beat the Russians 3-2 and now advance to the Fed Cup for the 2nd year in a row where they will host Italy in a repeat of last year's final.

Bethanie Mattek was the MVP winning her singles match over Makarova and then teaming with Leizel Huber to trounce the Russians in doubles. The 200 people in the stands who stayed to the very end sure got their monies worth today. Over 7.5 hrs of tennis. :)

Final is slated for Nov. 6-7. Wonder if it will be indoors or outdoors? Surely Los Angeles or Florida could host it outdoors.

Loves_Shizuka
04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
It was Chakvetadze/Kuznetsova USO SF level. :scream:

OMG say no more! :rofl: :scream:

Congrats to the USA, but I feel for Dementieva. :(

Beefcake
04-26-2010, 04:21 PM
USA hosting Italy = world of difference than last year's final in Italy. They'll almost certainly get a Williams to compete [watch them schedule it in Florida, within driving distance of the sisters' home], it'll be on hardcourts, and thus it'll be 4-1 at worst in favor of the Yanks.

Yay, Gadget Mattek! Makarova isn't exactly one of Russia's top fillies, but Bethanie deserves kudos for finishing 2-0.

That Elena/Oudin match. The scoreline and the desription (at WTA World) are definitely1000% typical Dementieva ... and 1000% Oudin, whose career is already speckled with wild swings between the sets. :lol:

oleada
04-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Stuttgart is the worst tournament ever; I mean, how do my favorites get crap draws all the time? Vika vs Pennetta in the first round? :drama: JJ vs Justine potentially in the third? yet Wozniacki gets a qualifier or a slumping Safarova? Who did my favorites piss off?

I don't give a crap about Fed Cup so I'll just cheer for Flavia to win her matches :cheer:

Loves_Shizuka
04-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Some news from this week:

Federer lost 1st round in Rome, to Gulbis. He's in a lil slump for him, but it doesn't mean anything.
Rafa is cruising through his draw (of course)
Murray lost easily in the 2nd round to Ferrer.
Djovkovic through, as are Tsonga and Verdasco.
Soderling lost to Wawrinka.

Kuznetsova continues her DISMAL year, losing in the 2nd round of Stuttgart to Na Li. Major points coming off - she was defending champ, and is yet to beat a top 20 palyer this year!
Safina is back! Beat Szavay in 3 sets in the 2nd round - she looks fit!
Wozniacki is NOT fit though. Lost in straight sets to Safarova; the girl really needs to take some time off, but she's due to play every week until RG!! Ankle still not healed IMO.
Other seeds out: Radwanka, Azarenka, Wickmayer (but that WAS to Henin)
Henin now plays Jankovic :scream: C'MON JJ!!!!
Stosur still going VERY strong.

judgejudy27
04-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Safina will probably get destroyed by the winner of the Henin-Jankovic quarterfinal in the semis here, if she even gets by her next match. I dont see her ever returning to being someone who is making slam finals or close to being ranked #1 again.

Not surprsied at Azarenka losing. Her pathetic choke job vs Serena in the Aussie Open quarters which eventually gifted Serena the Australian Open title as she met a sluggish and not yet in sync Henin in the final, should have pretty much confirmed to everyone she will never be a champion. Those who still doubt that are in for dissapointment.

Beefcake
04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
:lol: Eye of the beholder. I consider that AO Vika/Serena match all about Serena! Serena refusing to lose ... Serena lagging but then rocking ... Serena doing what she's done for a decade ... Serena being Serena. Azarenka? Ala Safina, etal, Azarenka was the scenery for this particular Serena mini-novella. :watch:

But, yeh, Vika does not seem to have what it takes. But then again, neither did Momo ... failing Slam after Slam and showing a :fragile: mindset until breaking through.

Meanwhile, :eek: I can't believe that Kuzzy hasn't beaten a Top 20 player in 2010! That's five frigging months. Oy, c'mon, girl ... what ever's ailing you, get over it.

judgejudy27
04-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Well irregardless of ones view of the Viki-Serena match in Australia that was always my opinion of Azarenka long before that match and it remains so now. I just dont think she has what is takes mentally to ever win a big title, even though she is still fairly young. I agree on Mauresmo who I think was majorly talented and should have won more than 2 slams. Mauresmo though had a much more complete and diverse game than Azarenka who is mostly just a very good ball basher. When you have that playing style you really need the mental side to make it work that much more the way Sharapova (when healthy) for example has.

Kuznetsova and Safina have alot of points to defend this clay court season. Look for them to plunge in the rankings. Look for Henin to make a huge leap in the rankings. She has no points to defend and is probably even if by default still the player to beat on clay.

It is awesome to see Nadal back to playing dominant tennis. I would really love to see him return to #1 after Wimbledon (unlikely before then with the points spread). Federer playing like he has since Australia will give that opportunity too. I hope Djokovic can make the final here and give Nadal a good match as well. I really want to see him get his act together too.

oleada
04-30-2010, 12:34 AM
To be fair, Vika is coming back from injury herself.

That said, this loss :rofl:

I'm excited about the JJ-Henin match! I heard Wickmayer/Henin was quite an enjoyable match.