PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in the Ten. Let's all get our sticks back out.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

AshleyN
01-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Why the hell does Azarenka make whale noises every time she hits the ball?

I swear, it's more irritating than Sharapova's shrieking.

judgejudy27
01-25-2010, 09:33 PM
I think it will be a Henin-Serena final now with Serena winning unless Henin picks it up alot in the next couple rounds.

For the men it still looks pretty open. I see Federer definitely beating Davydenko though as Davydenko looked really nervous and shaky vs Verdasco and this is the stage he usually falters at a major. I think it will be Federer or Djokovic in the final vs either Murray or Nadal. Dont see someone else sneaking in.

BigB08822
01-25-2010, 10:30 PM
I can not swallow Henin winning her first Slam back. I can't stand her and I can't stand the thought of her giving a smug smile to Kim saying "see, I can do it TOO." I already hate that she is in the quarter that was supposed to be a war zone but somehow she makes it through and only has one seed left in her half. That seed is the one I would want, Henin can beat her. Petrova has her days (see her win against Kim) but she can really suck when she wants to. I am rooting for Serena! Venus has surprised me, I didn't think she would get this far.

judgejudy27
01-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I can not swallow Henin winning her first Slam back. I can't stand her and I can't stand the thought of her giving a smug smile to Kim saying "see, I can do it TOO." I already hate that she is in the quarter that was supposed to be a war zone but somehow she makes it through and only has one seed left in her half. That seed is the one I would want, Henin can beat her. Petrova has her days (see her win against Kim) but she can really suck when she wants to. I am rooting for Serena! Venus has surprised me, I didn't think she would get this far.

Dont worry. Henin will probably make the final now but I dont see her beating Serena the way both are playing so far. Then again who knows, if Henin makes the final she will probably be motivated and raise her game from what is has been so far. Serena is already playing in top gear pretty much as it is, which is unusual for her to being doing before the quarters. If you dont want Henin to win then hope for Venus not to pull an upset over Serena in the semis, since Henin probably is quite likely to beat Venus if Venus somehow makes it instead.

Seerek
01-25-2010, 10:42 PM
The quarter today I have no clue who is going to win is the Zheng-Kirilenko match. I think Justine will beat Nadia.

If Andy Murray is playing mostly defensive, he won't beat Nadal. I actually think Andy Roddick will beat Cilic a little more convincingly than Gonzalez.

Jimena
01-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I stand alone in my Henin love (her game is to die for and I've thoroughly missed it). However, I don't think she has it in her yet to win this. Yet. She's had a tough go of it anyway and I don't think her body is used to the grind at this point.

Serena will win this.

As to the men, it's wide open. I can't root against Roger because he's my favorite tennis player ever, but I wouldn't mind it at all if Davydenko takes the whole thing.

So in order of preference, it would be like this for me:

1. Roger (duh)
2. Davy
3. Tsonga (LOVE his game)
4. Nadal (he deserves it, even if his pants are ridiculous)
5. Murray
6. Cilic
7. Roddick
8. Djokovic

But honestly, I think Djokovic is going to win.

Beefcake
01-25-2010, 11:13 PM
So in order of preference, it would be like this for me: :P

1. Roddick :kickass:
2. Nadal :kickass:
3. Murray :kickass:
4. Davydenko :kickass:
5. Tsonga :kickass:
6. Cilic (just don't know him)
7. Djokovic (he's growing on me again)
8. Federer (duh)

AshleyN
01-25-2010, 11:21 PM
I don't mind Henin. Yeah, her personality can be a bit of a turn-off, but her game is just so pretty. Still, I can't see her beating Serena playing the way she is now. I think the serve in particular will do her in. It seems to be the one part of her game that hasn't come back yet.

I will, however, go ahead and call her winning the French right now.

Jimena
01-25-2010, 11:31 PM
So in order of preference, it would be like this for me: :P

Are you mocking me? :drama:

oleada
01-26-2010, 12:58 AM
I stand alone in my Henin love (her game is to die for and I've thoroughly missed it). However, I don't think she has it in her yet to win this. Yet. She's had a tough go of it anyway and I don't think her body is used to the grind at this point.

I agree with everything. Henin's game :swoon:

I want one of Davydenko, Roger or Djokovic to win it all. I want Cilic to play spoiler to Roddick, but I'd be okay with any of the men winning. Except Murray. I like his game, but find his personality so off putting.

I can't see Henin winning this...it's too soon; though I would love her to - but I think she'll do great at the French.

judgejudy27
01-26-2010, 01:08 AM
I will, however, go ahead and call her winning the French right now.

I think that is a pretty safe call. There is nobody who can even challenge her there really.

Beefcake
01-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Are you mocking me? :drama:
:lol: Never! mea culpa

But, hey, we ranked Cilic in the same place. We're nearly twins we think so much alike. :P

Jimena
01-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Beefy, I've grown to love you even when you accused me of making clones of myself to make Henin win that top player game thingy :wideeyes:. We don't agree on anything!

Except maybe Cilic. That's a start. ;)

elka_sk8
01-26-2010, 02:34 AM

I love Henin. So glad that she's back!

judgejudy27
01-26-2010, 03:58 AM
Henin vs Zheng in the semis. Basically a free pass for Henin to the final.