PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in the Ten. Let's all get our sticks back out.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

oleada
01-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Ugh. I don't care about anyone in Venus quarter; all I want is Wozniacki to lose. Hope either Venus or Na Li wins tonight (pref. both :saint:) but not Wozniacki and Schiavone winning :drama: I don't trust Schiavone to beat Wozniacki.

Aaron W
01-25-2010, 01:55 AM
For me, the only good thing about having Henin back is that she provides me someone to actively root against on the women's side. She is essentially my Federer. :lol:

oleada
01-25-2010, 01:56 AM
For me, the only good thing about having Henin back is that she provides me someone to actively root against on the women's side. She is essentially my Federer. :lol:

That's Wozniacki for me. She really does seem like a sweet girl, but dear lord, that game :scream: It's such an insult, really.

oleada
01-25-2010, 03:09 AM
Thank you, Na Li! She always comes through for me. :encore:

Wozniacki had 3! winners in the entire match. :o

Megi
01-25-2010, 03:13 AM
Oh, thank god it's over so fast, Novak's up next on that court. :saint:

hydro
01-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Thank you, Na Li! She always comes through for me. :encore:

Wozniacki had 3! winners in the entire match. :o

Li Na plays like a total rock star. I love her tattoo. She definitely looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with...I love it :respec:

Loves_Shizuka
01-25-2010, 06:32 AM
^I know man, Na Li is FAB! She's always criticizing (and rightly so) the CTA in public about how much control it has over individual players, clearly doesn't give a **** of what people think of her, refuses to cover her tattoo even though the CTA asked her to, and doesn't play the sweet lil Chinese girl routine. Love her to bits!

Ugh. I don't care about anyone in Venus quarter; all I want is Wozniacki to lose. Hope either Venus or Na Li wins tonight (pref. both :saint:) but not Wozniacki and Schiavone winning :drama: I don't trust Schiavone to beat Wozniacki.

Ha! A good day for you then! A Venus-Li QF was my dream too!

Beefcake
01-25-2010, 03:51 PM
That's Wozniacki for me. She really does seem like a sweet girl, but dear lord, that game :scream: It's such an insult, really.
EYS, it's an ugly, ugly game. But it's gone, for now.

Aaron, Henin isn't my Federer, because I am actually fascinated by her shot-making ... and like to watch despite my hot n' cold opinion of her personality.

Federer, OTOH, is unwatchably boring on-court and off. And that fact that he's eville and off-the-charts arrogant but yet held up as a great sportsman just :mad: burns to my core.

Djokovic is quietly .................. looking unbeatable. Tsonga is in for a bad time in the QFs methinks.

Fergus
01-25-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm spending all day psyching myself up for the possible emotional roller-coaster of the Roddick/Cilic match.

:watch: :yikes: :kickass:

If it's the third match of the day session, I'm guessing should begin about 3 or 4pm Melbourne time?

neptune
01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
An amazing rescue story from the Atlanta Journal Constitution, dealing with rescuing American junior player Victoria Duval's father in Haiti, with the assistance of people at her tennis academy in Georgia:

Tennis friends make a rescue from Haiti
(http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/tennis-friends-make-a-281709.html)

That's great to hear.

neptune
01-25-2010, 05:11 PM
And that fact that he's eville and off-the-charts arrogant but yet held up as a great sportsman just :mad: burns to my core.

From what I've observed, many fans just see what they want to see. So, if they like a certain player, regardless of that person's actual behavior, he or she will automatically be held up as a great sportsman. :P

Lorac
01-25-2010, 05:29 PM
From what I've observed, many fans just see what they want to see. So, if they like a certain player, regardless of that person's actual behavior, he or she will automatically be held up as a great sportsman. :P

And if they don't like the player for whatever reason they will state how bad that player is in all regards - sometimes without any evidence to back up that opinion :shuffle:

Megi
01-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Djokovic is quietly .................. looking unbeatable. Tsonga is in for a bad time in the QFs methinks.

But remember he's been playing clown until now and that he hates playing Tsonga. I refuse to get excited just yet. Can't wait for the match though. :watch:

judgejudy27
01-25-2010, 06:01 PM
But remember he's been playing clown until now and that he hates playing Tsonga. I refuse to get excited just yet. Can't wait for the match though. :watch:

I agree. That will be the first true test of how he is playing.

Loves_Shizuka
01-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Roger/Davydenko should be good - that is, if Nikolay isn't too wacked out from his last match - and of course Federer wants some major revenge!

Novak/Tsonga should also be very interesting, but I give the edge to Djoko based on current form.

I really think Cilic will beat Roddick, and Murray will beat Nadal.

I think Venus/Serena will meet in the semis (and, as much as I love the WS, I secretly want Na Li to be a spoiler) and it'll be a Henin/Kirilenko semi ( :eek: ) would be really cool if Zheng made it too though!