PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

shah
04-20-2010, 09:09 PM
OMG, I just listened the songs in Semi one. Whatta bunch of crap - or at least 3/4 of them. :scream: Even Finland sounded ok, compared to some of them.
Or is it only me, a whiny old b###h?:shuffle:

no you're not a whiny old b###h. the first semi is really tragic. bad luck with the draw of songs - quite a lot of nice songs is in the second semi, so probably some of them won't get through to the final :(.

btw, fred, fingers crossed for talking sb into Ukraine! :)

sweetsparky
04-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Press today was publishing about Azerbaijanīs singer Safura incident while shooting her videoclip in a pool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRQdokKIdk8&feature=player_embedded) Poor girl, heavy clothes and not great swim skills arenīt a good combination.

I admit that second SF looks a lot more competitive than the first one, but come on I have some great (lol) moments: Moldova nopryde song :summer:, Serbia :kickass: :rofl: Balcaņeros, Russia wtf :huh: song, Finland scary accordion voids, Malta with wings in her derriere, and then I like Bulgaria and Belgium song (I have to fight the wish of throwing him some coins :shuffle: but the song is so cute...and so doomed)...and, yes allezfred, I like Portugal :D ;)

And I almost forget Greeceīs man power song :rofl: LOL

allezfred
04-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Press today was publishing about Azerbaijanīs singer Safura incident while shooting her videoclip in a pool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRQdokKIdk8&feature=player_embedded) Poor girl, heavy clothes and not great swim skills arenīt a good combination.

Cynical me thinks that looked staged. If she's going to fake drown, she should turn a little blue. :shuffle:

yes allezfred, I like Portugal :D ;)

I'm endlessly fascinated by Portugal. Mostly for the fact that the piano player gets so bored with the song that he disappears halfway through. :lol:

sweetsparky
04-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Cynical me thinks that looked staged. If she's going to fake drown, she should turn a little blue. :shuffle:

Well, my cynical self thought too that it looked too excessive (fake):drama: , even more for the "almost drowning" part, but looking all :glamor: diva in water was just Esther Williams privilege

(synchro swimming is über-kitsch, and one of my big Olympics guilty pleasures, but that thing on their noses break the :glamor: :drama:)

I'm endlessly fascinated by Portugal. Mostly for the fact that the piano player gets so bored with the song that he disappears halfway through. :lol:

I was thinking that they need to uplift in some places the song (maybe they should ask Speedy ;) ) or the piano player must disappear (or learn a proper O face :P )

allezfred
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
(synchro swimming is über-kitsch, and one of my big Olympics guilty pleasures, but that thing on their noses break the :glamor: :drama:)

Synchronsed swimming! :cheer2:

I think the Irish commentator said at the 2004 Olympics that the three things you needed for it were "hair gel, a nose clip and a fake plastic smile :D". My fave bit is when they march on and then take about 50 seconds to get into their pose which doesn't even count for their scoring. It's like ice dance! :cheer2:

Back to 2010 Eurovision, one of my guilty pleasures is Romania and the double piano. And the use of fire, higher and desire in the lyrics. And the woman almost getting her fringe singed by the erupting piano. :EVILLE:

I think Latvia wins the award for rubbish lyrics though. Lines such as "I asked my Uncle Joe, but he doesn't know" and "Only Mr. God knows why". :rofl:

Oh and I'm convinced Niamh Kavanagh is praying for "the lost and straight". :shuffle:

allezfred
04-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Just to remind everybody that the deadline for voting in the semi-finals is a week away. I'll be sending PMs over the weekend as well, in case people aren't checking in here. ;)

Hindernisse
04-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Just to remind everybody that the deadline for voting in the semi-finals is a week away. I'll be sending PMs over the weekend as well, in case people aren't checking in here. ;)

I'll do my best to send in my results this weekend ;)

allezfred
04-24-2010, 12:13 AM
Iceland 2010 (Volcanic Version) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdE9a_-FHY) :rofl:

Finnice
04-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Iceland 2010 (Volcanic Version) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmdE9a_-FHY) :rofl:

Douze points.
Oh well, I canīt vote Iceland because I am Iceland...:duh:

sweetsparky
04-25-2010, 11:29 AM

LOL

Vote Iceland or fear the consequences! :EVILLE:

I have been ordering my votes, that part is always so hard :drama:

BTW Iīm pleased it seems a lot of countries have chosen a song in their own languages. Anyway Russia :huh: English song itīs enough compensation :P

poths
04-25-2010, 11:46 AM

Wheeeeeeeeeeee :rofl: Hilarious!

poths
04-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I didn't realise the jury vote was so powerful :eek:

Just going off last year, The jury had France 4th, the televote had her 17th!! Overall she placed 8th.

I can see the jury giving Spain 1st this year...which may well place them top 4 and bring $$$$

My money is still on Slovakia!

Ziggy
04-25-2010, 01:35 PM
On the other hand, the televote had Malena Ernman's "La Voix" way higher than the jury did. Which was sooooo annoying. :mad:

I am not happy with juries being brought back in. The political voting complaints were bullshit IMO and juries go for the safest, most boring kind of songs usually. If someone does something out of the box, they usually don't get rewarded for it, IMO.

sweetsparky
04-25-2010, 02:05 PM
I think regional/cultural voting exists, and even existed with the pure Jury in the past (for some reason I go all :swoon: with Italy and Portugal songs), what I donīt believe is that it has any relevant influence in the winning song result at all.

BTW I canīt stop :rofl: when I think that the year Andorra had to use the jury and they gave Spain 0 points, the serious Jury gave 12 point to Verka Serduchka Wheee :lol:

What I think is a great lie is the Big4 hate, Spain has been voted low because we had sent such a garbage that more than zero points deserved :lynch: As soon as France and United Kingdom have tried a little hard they got better results. I think Germany has deserved in these last years better final places, but they have been sending risky different proposals, what I really enjoy.

I sent my votes, duty accomplished :cool:

MikiAndoFan#1
04-25-2010, 03:20 PM
The juries are just as biased as the televoters. Always voting for the neighbours and because of political reasons!

:drama: