PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Eden
04-02-2010, 03:17 AM
3. Israel - "Milim" - Harel Skaat: Beautifully sung, but not having any part in English could hurt.

Chances to qualify: I'd like to think so.

In past years Israeli performers always added some English to their songs, like Shiri Maimon in 2005 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C03CEocmNtY), and Boaz Mauda in 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM6LloqTipw).
IMO, it will be the same this time.
Whether it will help Harel Skaat to qualify, who knows?

5. Switzerland - "Il Pleut D'Or" - Michael von der Heide: The Golden Showers song. He is odd looking.

Chances to qualify:Their previous three entries were all way better and none of them qualified so err no.
It was a big surprise that those songs didn't get the recognition they deserved, I hope at least this year Switzerland entry will make it to the finals.
It is a beautiful song, even though the guy, singing it, is 'odd looking'.

7. Azerbaijan - "Drip Drop" - Safura: How unfortunate that she pronounces the title "Crip crop". :shuffle:

Chances to qualify: It's Azerbaijan, duh.
When I first listened to the recording of that song, I thought it's a winner.
The problem is that in live, for some reason, Safura doesn't sound as good.
But it is still a good song, which, IMO too, will make it to the finals.

8. Ukraine - "Sweet People" - Alyosha: Wuzrobbed of Ukrainement. Depressing and dull.

Chances to qualify: Who knows, but I think this might be the first time Ukraine doesn't qualify from a semi.
I guess it will depend on the 'Sweet People' of Europe to decide if depressing and dull is what they want from Ukraine. I hope they don't. The song is :yawn:

14. Cyprus - "Life Looks Better In Spring" - Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders: Ploughing the same furrow as Belgium in Semi 1. Not sure if this is as successful.

Chances of qualifying: Who knows at this stage?
It's a nice song from Cyprus, but not having Greece at the same semi is leaving them with minus 12 sure points. :P

allezfred
04-02-2010, 10:50 AM
If it's still available, I can be Belarus? (fwiw, that would be 4th year in a row). :)

Oui. :)

SHARPIE
04-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Oops can I represent the UK? :D

allezfred
04-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Oops can I represent the UK? :D

Would you ban me if I said no? ;)

poths
04-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Wheee I'm gonna have my first listen to these songs now and decide who all my :bribe: is going to go on! :D

poths
04-02-2010, 01:54 PM
ETA: Thanks a million Fred, massive amount of work gone into to your last few posts, mucho appreciated. :cheer:

poths
04-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Lithuania...I love the duck whistle thing...but Oh DEAR. LORD!
Costumes are a nice homage to Swiss Pair skaters! :cheer:

Armenia: Grim Reaper playing Celtic Low Whistle to open..:confused:
Apricots my mother gave me...:rofl: The lyrics are horrific. Disappointing for Armenia :fragile:

Israel: Nice singer, nice song....Euro Ballad TM.....top 10 finish

Denmark: Every breath you take, every move you make.....half decent quality but these songs never do well at Eurovision.

Switzerland: The Ears and the playing into camera...I feel raped. But kind of love the song! Wheeeeeeee
Reminds me of Summer son by Texas/ Take that could it be magic and I could never be your woman.

Sweden: WHy? Belongs on a bar stool....

Azerbaijan: Female Angst- Alsou is back? Obvious contender. I love Euro attempts at American sass (because they miss the mark so much) Kesha has competition :cheer:.

Ukraine: WInd machine Check. Dodgy English Translations: Check Naff attempt at Meaningful lyrics: Check Great Voice: Check.....Ukraine = check list

Netherlands: CHristmas was 4 months ago....Vomit.

Romania: "Oooh boys, cheeky girls" - nothing

I can;t bare anymore at the moment...

SO far, only Israel/Azerbaijan and Ukraine re bearable

poths
04-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Wheee France and Spain :eek: Can they do it live???

France
Serbia
Spain

Norway
Greece
Israel
Ireland

Best this year?

allezfred
04-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Wheee France and Spain :eek: Can they do it live???

Well you can hear Spain live for yourself here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCIGqOWIT5U&feature=related). I've been humming the song all day. :shuffle:

France - I have no idea.

equatorial
04-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Can I be Russia as last year? ;)

allezfred
04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Can I be Russia as last year? ;)

Da!

itsartemis
04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
I am so sorry for relaying NRK's (the Norwegian broadcaster) April fool's joke to you guys. Obviously, they are not going to show it in 3D. :slinkaway :shuffle:

itsartemis
04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Sweden: WHy? Belongs on a bar stool....

I don't know any country that takes the Eurovision as seriously as Sweden. Would you believe it that this year they had 6 international juries (from Russia, Ireland, Norway, Greece, Serbia and France) and none of them had the eventual winner as their winner. After they had voted the eventual winner was only in 7th place. What's was the point of these juries when the Swedish people wanted something completely different? :lol:

The past two years Sweden has made it out of their semifinal only thanks to the jury. I will laugh so hard the year they don't make it to the final. :EVILLE:

Ziggy
04-03-2010, 03:13 AM
Could I be Sweden please?

(Also, by when are we supposed to send the results?)

I have to say, I have never been this dissapointed with Eurovision. This is the worst year I can remember, by far. :(

Miro's hunkiness is the only saving grace. I wonder what will his song sound like in English.

P.S. Most awesome video ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvsBa7P42SQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=acNz_CfTXs0

Ziggy
04-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Fred do you realise voting in the semis is 1/2 jury from this year?

I am sooooo pissed, all those songs are so shit. :mad:

Last year has been so amazing, the contrast is really :wall:.