PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Aussie Willy
04-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Oh yes Eurovision time again. I would happy to be Moldova again. Third year in a row.

allezfred
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Updated list as of now:

First Semi-Final
1.Moldova - Aussie Willy
2.Russia - equatorial
3.Estonia - Mr. allezfred
4.Slovakia
5.Finland
6.Latvia
7.Serbia
8.Bosnia and Herzegovina - Jenya
9.Poland - shah
10.Belgium - pat c
11.Malta
12.Albania - mila19
13.Greece - Garden Kitty
14.Portugal - MikiAndoFan#1
15.FYR Macedonia
16.Belarus - sbanet
17.Iceland - Finnice

Voting also in Semi 1:

France
Germany
Spain - sweetsparky

Second Semi-Final
1.Lithuania - sodapop
2.Armenia - Hindernisse
3.Israel - Eden
4.Denmark - argarit
5.Switzerland - Jackie Sparrow
6.Sweden - Ziggy
7.Azerbaijan
8.Ukraine
9.The Netherlands
10.Romania
11.Slovenia
12.Ireland - poths
13.Bulgaria - Reuven
14.Cyprus - my little pony
15.Croatia - HisWeirness
16.Georgia
17.Turkey

Also voting in Semi 2:

Norway - itsartemis
United Kingdom - SHARPIE

Garden Kitty
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
allezfred, can I switch to Portugal?

Did you just now see Milan Stankovic? :lol:

pat c
04-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I'll play again. I forget what I was last year Belgium?, the year before that I took russia. So, whichever.

MikiAndoFan#1
04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Did you just now see Milan Stankovic? :lol:

No!

:lol:

I just prefered to represent my own country!

:D

itsartemis
04-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Can I be Norway this year?

Eurovision will be shown in 3D this year, so buy your 3D glasses now. :cheer2:

allezfred
04-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Can I be Norway this year?

Yes.

Eurovision will be shown in 3D this year, so buy your 3D glasses now. :cheer2:

:scream:

Am going to start listening to this year's crop. Wish me luck. :yikes:

allezfred
04-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Semi 1 Review:

Semi 1 Playlist (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E421716E55444A81)

1. Moldova - "Run Away" - Sun Stroke Project & Olia Tira: It's techno Eurotrash meets Kenny G meets last year's winner. The lead male vocallist may have questionable taste in clothes, but I would.

Chances to qualify: I'm going to go with yes.

2. Russia - "Lost And Forgotten" - Peter Nalitch & Band: Quite old fashioned, but there was a certain charm about it. PML when the guitarist went "Hey man". :rofl:

Chances to qualify: I'd say yes, but who knows?

3. Estonia - "Siren" - Malcolm Lincoln: Weird and not in a good way. :scream:

Chances to qualify: Please no!

4. Slovakia - "Horehronie" - Kristina: First ethnobootyshaker of the night. Shame it's so cheap and about six years too late to make an impact.

Chances to qualify:It's Slovakia, so not great.

5. Finland - "Työlki ellää" - Kuunkuiskaajat: I can't pronounce either the song or group name and that's never a good sign. Oh dear.

Chances to qualify: I'd be inclined to say less than zero, but I suppose technically they have a 1/17 chance.

6. Latvia - "What for?" - Aisha: Song title says it all. Possibly one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard at Eurovision. Not even the washerwomen can lift it.

Chances to qualify: If it does, it will be proof that there is no God.

7. Serbia - "Ovo je Balkan" - Milan Stankovic: Wheee! Serbia back on form! :cheer2: :rofl:

Chances to qualify: 100% for the kitsch factor alone.

8. Bosnia & Herzegovina - "Thunder & Lightning" - Vukašin Brajić: Expected more really. Meh.

Chances to qualify: Could be borderline.

9. Poland - "Legenda" - Marcin Mrozinski: Reminds me of Mask of Zorro for some reason. Sounds like it came from a subpar Andrew Lloyd Webber musical.

Chances to qualify: Pretty desperate.

10. Belgium - "Me And My Guitar" - Tom Dice: Wow, I wasn't expecting that. It's vaguely contemporary.

Chances to qualify:A hell of a lot better than usual.

11. Malta - "My Dream" - Thea Garrett: Maltaballad by numbers aka Chiara without the wink or the voice.

Chances to qualify: Perhaps Malta will get lucky and only tone deaf people will be tuning in.

12. Albania - "It's All About You" - Juliana Pasha: Getting a Blondie/La Roux/Swedish vibe off this.

Chances to qualify: If there's any justice, it'll sail through.

13. Greece - "OPA" - Giorgos Alkaios & Friends: Greece always does best when they have a bit of a Greek flavour to their entries and this does have that. Not entirely convinced though...

Chances to qualify: It's definitely going through to the final whatever I think.

14. Portugal - "Ha Dias Assim" - Filipa Azevedo: What made Portugal go back to the sort of stuff they used to send with no success whatsoever?

Chances to qualify: Well Spain and France vote in this semi-final....

15. FYR Macedonia - "Jas Ja Imam Silata" - Gjoko Taneski: Make. It. Stop. Somebody.

Chances to qualify: I'm really going to have problems coming up with a Top 10 from this semi at this rate.

16. Belarus - "Butterflies" - 3+2: Well the old people will love this. Have to say I find it a bit creepy.

Chances to qualify: Normally I'd say no, but with what I've heard before it...

17. Iceland - "Je Ne Sais Quoi" - Hera Bjork: Get this woman some slutty backing dancers and a stylist. Stat! Other than that cheerful bit of Europop.

Chances to qualify: Yes.

Other voting countries in Semi 1:

France - "Allez Ola Ole" - Jessy Matador: As predicted, catchier than syphilis. I'd be PML if this won as I don't hate it.

Germany - "Satellite" - Lena: I quite like this too. Is this the first time underwear has been mentioned in an ESC song? :eek: :rofl:

Spain - "Algo Pequenitos" - Daniel Diges: This is quirky! So this is what Meryl & Charlie would look like if they combined.

Well the above three are better than anything in Semi 1. :shuffle:

allezfred's picks for Semi 1 qualifiers: Moldova, Russia, Slovakia, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Belgium, Albania, Greece, Belarus, Iceland.

MikiAndoFan#1
04-02-2010, 01:24 AM
allezfred, I'm ready to give you my results. Do I post them here or do I send you a PM?

allezfred
04-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Semi 2 Review:

Semi 2 Playlist (http://www.youtube.com/user/ESCDylan#grid/user/A8619018D3DC61ED)

1. Lithuania - "Eastern European Funk" - Inculto: PML. :rofl:

Chances to qualify: :rofl:

2. Armenia - "Apricot Stone" - Eva Rivas: Pleasant, but not a winner.

Chances to qualify: It's Armenia, duh.

3. Israel - "Milim" - Harel Skaat: Beautifully sung, but not having any part in English could hurt.

Chances to qualify: I'd like to think so.

4. Denmark - "In A Moment Like This" - Chanee & N'evergreen: Holy key change and wind machine! Schlagertastic!

Chances to qualify: By far best of the Nordics so far.

5. Switzerland - "Il Pleut D'Or" - Michael von der Heide: The Golden Showers song. He is odd looking.

Chances to qualify:Their previous three entries were all way better and none of them qualified so err no.

6. Sweden - "This Is My Life" - Anna Bergendahl: Swedes go all folksy cute on us. Awww.

Chances to qualify: Bloody hell this is one tough semi so far.

7. Azerbaijan - "Drip Drop" - Safura: How unfortunate that she pronounces the title "Crip crop". :shuffle:

Chances to qualify: It's Azerbaijan, duh.

8. Ukraine - "Sweet People" - Alyosha: Wuzrobbed of Ukrainement. Depressing and dull.

Chances to qualify: Who knows, but I think this might be the first time Ukraine doesn't qualify from a semi.

9. Netherlands - "Ik Ben Verliefd (Sha La Lie)" - Sieneke: Classic 1980s Eurovision. Pity this is 2010.

Chances to qualify: Sweet Jesus no. :rofl:

10. Romania - "Playing With Fire" - Paula Seling & Ovi: Double piano voids. And that old "Desire, fire, higher" combination.

Chances to qualify: Well it comes after the Netherlands so it'll look like a contemporary masterpiece.

11. Slovenia - "Narodnozabavni Rock" - Ansambel, Roka Žlindre & Kalamari: No, no, no. :yikes:

Chances to qualify: Hopefully zero.

12. Ireland - "It's For You" - Niamh Kavanagh: Bit biased, but I think that's the strongest ballad in English in this year's contest.

Chances to qualify: If only we were in the other semi. :fragile:

13. Bulgaria - "Angel Si Ti" - Miro: Well he's no Krassimir. Which means that he also is totally forgettable.

14. Cyprus - "Life Looks Better In Spring" - Jon Lilygreen & The Islanders: Ploughing the same furrow as Belgium in Semi 1. Not sure if this is as successful.

Chances of qualifying: Who knows at this stage?

15. Croatia - "Lako Je Sve" - Feminnem: Moody and dramatic. Am not convinced though.

Chances of qualifying: I would have thought non.

16. Georgia - "Shine" - Sofia Nizharadze: Kept expecting this to turn into uptempo dance number and it never happened

Chances of qualifying:Well, if "Piss Will Come" can qualify....

17. Turkey - "We Could Be The Same" - maNga: Turkey takes a year off from ethnobootyshakers and we get rock like 2008.

Chances of qualifying: It's Turkey, duh.

Other countries voting in Semi 2:

Norway - "My Heart Is Yours" - Didrik Tolli-Tangen: You Raise Me Up Pt 2.

UK - "That Sounds Good To Me" - Josh: And after listening to all this year's entries, the title of this songs rings true. :scream:

allezfred's picks for Semi 2 qualifiers: Lithuania, Armenia, Israel, Denmark, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Romania, Ireland, Georgia and Turkey.

Have even less clue who is going to win, but the songs that I can remember from one listen are Spain and Denmark.

allezfred
04-02-2010, 01:47 AM
allezfred, I'm ready to give you my results. Do I post them here or do I send you a PM?

PM to maintain the :sekret:

my little pony
04-02-2010, 01:51 AM
I cant remember, do I pick my top 10?

signed,

ashamed and forgetful

MikiAndoFan#1
04-02-2010, 02:01 AM
PM to maintain the :sekret:

Thanks. I'll send you a PM right now.

:D

Eden
04-02-2010, 02:24 AM
I cant remember, do I pick my top 10?

Yes, and you do it by giving them points 1-8 while the highest 2 are getting:

10 points to the second,
and
12 points to your country's best favorite song.

sbanet
04-02-2010, 02:37 AM
If it's still available, I can be Belarus? (fwiw, that would be 4th year in a row). :)