PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67

Prancer
05-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I have no problems with the jacket, it just looks to be a little too warm for the season. :)

I think the jacket looks like some placements I've seen. :scream:

I'd rather wear the hat.

Sparks
05-02-2010, 09:20 PM
The hat is simply fabulous..

I agree. And upclose I kinda like the jacket as well. It does look a bit warm, though.
:glamor:

REO
05-02-2010, 09:22 PM
The "world" of delusional ubers, maybe.
The world of people who think a large-brimmed woman's picture hat looks ridiculous on a man, especially combined with a butt-ugly jacket, is probably somewhat larger....

Why do you care so much? Who made you the arbiter of fashion or what's appropriate for a man or a woman to wear. If you hate him so much why do you bother to read a thread about his latest quotes and antics (or whatever the heck this thread is titled). I think you secretly think he's adorable so you make these waspish comments just to keep the talk going, you little devil. :lol:

REO
05-02-2010, 09:27 PM
:rofl: Yeah, right. I live in KY. He wasn't a blip on the radar. Thanks for the laugh.

That's not what she meant and you know it. The "world" is sure as heck not Kentucky. What did you think, that he was such a superstar he'd eclipse the winning horse and jockey in the news? Good lord.

PeterG
05-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Who does Johnny believe shouldn't have been on the podium for himself to be there? Has anyone asked him and why?

Well...JUST between you and me...

Everytime Johnny and I hang out, I ask him that very question! I am so curious.

BUT...Mr. W. just cups his tiny little hand over his mouth, looks deep into my eyes...and simply giggles! And then, in a blink of an eye, he scampers away and I'm left all alone. Until the next time we rendez-vous, however...

To surmise...I guess this is a question for the ages. A burden I hope that we can all carry together...join me, won't you?

polett
05-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Eliza Doolittleish, isnīt? Just you wait, Johnny Weiry, just you wait...:rofl:

:lol: Thanks for the clue! I couldn't remember what it reminded me... Of course the horse racing scene!

After all his outfit is not that inappropriate. The Derby is about races, isn't it?

I think he looks fab in this hat ! Especially at this (http://pics.livejournal.com/kalliopeia/pic/000bwypf) photos (http://pics.livejournal.com/kalliopeia/pic/000bz7ex) :glamor: :swoon:

...and stylewise it's perfectly cohesive (http://www.abendblatt.de/multimedia/archive/00092/hepburn_HA_Kultur_Wo_92042b.jpg) :hat1:

LuckyCharm
05-02-2010, 10:15 PM

BUT...Mr. W. just cups his tiny little hand over his mouth, looks deep into my eyes...and simply giggles! And then, in a blink of an eye, he scampers away and I'm left all alone. Until the next time we rendez-vous, however...

To surmise...I guess this is a question for the ages. A burden I hope that we can all carry together...join me, won't you?

You know, those times that you have to face Johnny in court because you keep violating the restraining order don't really count as hanging out, but whatever...

overedge
05-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Why do you care so much? Who made you the arbiter of fashion or what's appropriate for a man or a woman to wear. If you hate him so much why do you bother to read a thread about his latest quotes and antics (or whatever the heck this thread is titled). I think you secretly think he's adorable so you make these waspish comments just to keep the talk going, you little devil. :lol:

I don't hate him. If anything, I feel sad for him. He's an excellent skater and I have really been thrilled and impressed by some of his performances. Which makes it all the more unfortunate, when he has that much talent and ability, to see him apparently decide that his true career path is being a badly-dressed C-list celeb-wannabe.

Sparks
05-02-2010, 10:38 PM

:lol:
I will join you, My Poodle!

agalisgv
05-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Which makes it all the more unfortunate, when he has that much talent and ability, to see him apparently decide that his true career path is being a badly-dressed C-list celeb-wannabe. This sentiment has been expressed by several people, but I wonder what else exactly should Weir be doing now? I think everyone agrees he's done with competitive skating. He can't skate with SOI. So how is he supposed to be using his talents to make a decent living?

I guess he could coach, but that's not likely to make him much money any time soon. He could tour in Europe and Asia, but again that's not likely to bring him all that much money. And while he's skates over there, his name sinks into oblivion over here. So what are his options?

To me it seems he's doing what he can to try and earn a living post-skating. And considering he didn't medal in Vancouver, his options are fairly limited. Since he doesn't seem academically inclined, that means he has precious few real life skills at this point. So he's using the one thing he does have--a little bit of name recognition. I just don't see how else his talents and ability could translate to earning a living.

jlai
05-02-2010, 11:58 PM
This sentiment has been expressed by several people, but I wonder what else exactly should Weir be doing now?

I don't see him coaching or choreographing, so I agree with you there. (And I'm no Weir fan.)

He could give skating clinics but I don't know how much he can make out of those

Carolla5501
05-03-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't see him coaching or choreographing, so I agree with you there. (And I'm no Weir fan.)

He could give skating clinics but I don't know how much he can make out of those

Honestly, I don't know what he does next.

I think this is a risk for all the skaters however. There have even been posters on this board admit that they went into coaching not because they wanted to or because of thier love of skating, but because due to the choices that were made early on they really have no other options. There have been some posters critize skaters who go to college etc, but it does give them some options that might not be open to others....

I think most of us would admit that "career" paths we might have forseen at 12 aren't what we are doing now. But if you are headed towards "elite" skating at 12 -14 the path may very well be set for you without you realizing the full impact of that decision.

jlai
05-03-2010, 12:12 AM
I thought Johnny was a pretty good student was he not? He could get a college scholarship (but perhaps not if he wants to go into fashion). It must be financially difficult if he wants to study fashion and his brother also goes to college.

His choices are indeed limited, but then given the limited choices, if I were him I'd be more careful with my tongue. :P (Whoops, my tongue again.)

agalisgv
05-03-2010, 12:33 AM
I thought Johnny was a pretty good student was he not? He could get a college scholarship It's hard to get college scholarships when one is an older male student. Most merit based ones are restricted to high-school seniors applying (and those tend to be very competitive). There are some scholarships for older students, but the minimum age for those is often 30. Starting college for the first time in your twenties can be difficult financially.

Weir said in one interview he's not interested in anything math or science related. That leaves him with social sciences and humanities--again, not great areas for funding.

jlai
05-03-2010, 12:46 AM
I thought Ryan Jahnke got one but not in social sci/humanities like you said