PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Brandi_DeLain
01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Anyway, anyway! :lol: This
http://newyork.timeout.com/articles/i-new-york/81921/johnny-weir-bold-questions
I lol-ed and then I lol-ed some more.

Love his answer to the last question. :lol:

rococo
01-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Regarding furs:

Ten furs is not that many?

Iíve been designing this week a new costume, and Iím trying to include some fur. Iím supposed to be a fallen angel, that was my idea. Just a little touch of fur.

Read more: http://newyork.timeout.com/articles/i-new-york/81921/johnny-weir-bold-questions#ixzz0cRIl8xpX

So. "Fur-ry angel"?:yikes:

igniculus
01-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Be Good Johnny Weir Promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdZCaSCp3fQ

:wideeyes: :grope: :swoon:

hailstorm
01-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Be Good Johnny Weir Promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdZCaSCp3fQ

:wideeyes: :grope: :swoon:

Ah, thanks for that! Wish I got the Sundance Channel...maybe they'll post episodes online....

Shallwedance
01-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Great article and interview. I feel so fickle as a fan of his because I'd thrown in the towel weeks ago based on "I didn't skate well because my boot lace came untied" "The rink was small" "I'm nervous" and it looked like he was pre-emptively choking or something. So I was like I'm not going to pull for him if he's all talk and he's basically bailing.

However it appears that he's rounding into competitive form so maybe I'll swing back the other way and actively hope for him again.

MattysMom2005
01-13-2010, 01:27 AM
And there is no reason the believe he gets all or most of his expensive clothes all for free. There is no such thing in the world.

I think you should add "IMO" to this statement too. While Johnny did do some big time buying back a few years ago when he was on a 57 city Champions on Ice tour and the $$ was rolling in, that well has dried up. He has had to help out his family financially so he has become more conservative in his spending.

If you look at the photos over the past two years, he is recycling the same clothes. They are great clothes but nevertheless, not new. Some of the promotions he does come with freebees and believe it or not, there are fans who give him Balenciaga bags and Chanel watches. It would be the highest of insults for him to turn around and sell those gifts to pay a phone bill. This of course is IMO.

As for the crazy talk in the interviews, well, that's just Johnny. And that's why his fans love him! Like he has said many times "I'm not for everyone" :rofl:

libby
01-13-2010, 01:34 AM
Nobody is forcing you (or anyone else) to contribute to it. :)

ETA: And like I said earlier, we have no idea how much of his designer goods he actually pays for himself.

Thank you, Brandi. :respec: We also don't know how long ago he purchased those "luxury" items - up until Champions on Ice went out of business in 2006, Johnny had quite a good income. It doesn't sound like he has been doing much shopping for luxuries in the last few years. When he is asked by reporters about his high fashion items, he seems to mention furs he bought in Russia years ago or the watch a Japanese fan gave him.

I personally don't think Johnny should have to try to sell his clothing or gifts he has been given in order to finance his skating just because the only US skating tour left won't hire him (and he is pretty much the only top-level US skater who has never even been invited to do a guest spot on Stars on Ice). He does whatever skating shows he can get in Asia to help support himself, but those are few and far between.

A lot of US skaters have funds set up where fans can choose to send money that goes toward their skating costs. I don't see anything wrong with Johnny having the same, especially since no one has to donate if they don't want to.

psycho
01-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Oooooh lookie, my absolute favorite topic of all time: "Johnny Weir and (too much) shopping". Please, please, please, can we talk some more about this fascinating subject?! Because I feel like both sides have not been covered enough...:D

After we're done, can we talk more about "Johnny hates America" and "Johnny talks too much"?Pretty please? Another oldies but goodies.

made_in_canada
01-13-2010, 04:47 AM
Either way the only way he could have lost 8 lbs in one day is if he forgot his ego on the bus. Vomiting and similar is not going to take that much in one day.

It's possible.. I've done it.

LadyNit
01-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Oooooh lookie, my absolute favorite topic of all time: "Johnny Weir and (too much) shopping". Please, please, please, can we talk some more about this fascinating subject?! Because I feel like both sides have not been covered enough...:D

After we're done, can we talk more about "Johnny hates America" and "Johnny talks too much"?Pretty please? Another oldies but goodies.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

igniculus
01-13-2010, 12:01 PM
I think you should add "IMO" to this statement too. While Johnny did do some big time buying back a few years ago when he was on a 57 city Champions on Ice tour and the $$ was rolling in, that well has dried up. He has had to help out his family financially so he has become more conservative in his spending.

If you look at the photos over the past two years, he is recycling the same clothes. They are great clothes but nevertheless, not new. Some of the promotions he does come with freebees and believe it or not, there are fans who give him Balenciaga bags and Chanel watches. It would be the highest of insults for him to turn around and sell those gifts to pay a phone bill. This of course is IMO.

You make it sound as if I don't know that. :rolleyes: Nevertheless, I stand by my previous statements, it comes across like that. He is not poor, and could have said "thank you guys, the fund idea is really an honor, but I really don't need it, I'm not in such a dire situation, please, don't worry". Would come across much more positive. :shuffle: *_IMO_* :shuffle:

igniculus
01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Another new interview:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-01-12/the-outrageous-johnny-weir/full/

Shallwedance
01-13-2010, 01:11 PM
OMG he's going to write a book. I hope he follows through when it's time.

Had an errand in Lyndhurst last weekend. DID think of the Sopranos when I was there so no surprise to learn that's where it was filmed - pretty hard to picture Johnny Weir living there (it's about- 15-20 minutes if I remember right once you're out of the Lincoln Tunnel)

HisWeirness
01-13-2010, 02:07 PM
OMG he's going to write a book. I hope he follows through when it's time.

I've been anxiously and eagerly awaiting this "book" ever since he mentioned the idea years ago.... :watch:

care
01-13-2010, 07:16 PM
It would be a very interesting book! :D

Weir: I definitely want to write a book. Not about figure skating! Just about the beauty and the ugliness of figure skating. The dirt.

Weir: I will name names. I don't care who sues me after it. People will love it. I always have my Mafia connections if nothing else. As soon as I don't need to be politically correct anymore, I will drop the bomb.

Mafia connections! :lol: