PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

museksk8r
05-01-2010, 07:49 PM
No personality is his downfall.

I agree with this, and it's strange too because I used to like Evan's personality. I remember around the time of 2006 Worlds liking him when he would show his humorous, dorky side with comments like "I'm a lover, not a hater or lover, not a fighter". I used to get a kick out of listening to Evan speak. He actually had a bit of charm about him that I found appealing. Circa 2007 Nationals, it's like his head got too big and he started taking himself way too seriously, and he still does. After 2007, IMO, his programs started getting really boring and looked the same year after year and the same with the obsession with wearing way too much black. He stopped searching for his own style and began noticeably copying Plushenko's style. For me, he lost any interest or entertainment value after the 2006 season and Carmen's 1st run. 2007 and forward has been all kinds of blah!

REO
05-01-2010, 07:58 PM
If Johnny thinks Evan deserved his Olympic medals, then maybe he shouldn't make comments about how the judging at the Olympics was all political, and that by the time he (Johnny) skated, the "North American spot" on the podium had already been taken, so he had no chance. It isn't exactly showing "respect for your fellow competitors' efforts" to be making baseless comments such as these.

See I don't think Johnny thought he should have won. I think he truly thinks Evan should have (which is suprising considering how he feels about Plushy both as a skater and a person versus Evan). Whether or not his comment about geography is baseless we all know there is crapola like that that goes on in judging. Evan is wrong about the judging being infallible now. Only the tech side has been improved. GOE and Artistry are still completely at the unanimous judges discretion. We've all seen a judge give someone a +3 for something others gave a -1. It's still not like a clocked sport or a race.

Sparks
05-01-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't know if it would be possible to find the original source anymore. Evan had done a tv interview in Chicago and when asked about Johnny, he said he hoped Johnny didn't pull a Tonya Harding on him backstage. This was sometime in late 2007 or early 2008. I remember posting on another board how upset the remark made me and an Evan fan telling me to get a sense of humor because it was only a joke. The only reason I clearly remember this is because this started a war of words between me and the other poster which resulted in her being banned from the board after she made insulting remarks about Johnny's family and joked about his disabled father.

:watch::watch::watch:

Did anyone see him read his Top 10 things that went thru his mind before his Olympic FS on Letterman. It was Weekend at Bernies revisited.
I disagree with this. I thought Evan came off as cute and relatively animated for him.

Anita18
05-01-2010, 10:50 PM
To think my first post would be in here, lol. Today has been crazy.

Here's a Johhny article from today: Skater Johnny Weir on Fashion, Rivals–and Lady Gaga (http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/04/30/skater-johnny-weir-on-fashion-rivals-and-lady-gaga/)

Excerpt
Speaking of people trying to bring you down, Evan Lysacek’s comments earlier this week were pretty harsh.

Evan and I have had a very rocky relationship to say the least… Recently I was on “Chelsea Handler” [a show on the E! network] and it was through clever editing they had me winking at a very inopportune time it looked like me had me insinuating something about Evan so I’m sure he wasn’t happy about that. But I think in general he’s a very jealous person and a very two faced person. He’s the kind of person who will rehearse what he’s going to say in an interview two weeks in advance.

He’s probably very jealous that despite the fact he’s an Olympic champion he’s on “Dancing with the Stars” and I’m writing a book and recording a song. I’m crossing over to be a personality. But I can say I voted for him twice on “Dancing with the Stars” just as a sign of support. And I have always said he works very hard and does deserve his Olympic gold medal…But he mocks people and makes fun of people and I’m sure this was just a situation where he just said something that he knew would hurt me.

*Rolling my eyes*

Would you even have time to do “Stars on Ice” if you were asked?

I wouldn’t participate in “Stars on Ice” if I were asked. I find it an amateurish tour in a way, the production quality. That’s why I’m trying to do my own show and do something new...."
OooooOOOoOOO snap!

:watch: :watch: :watch: :watch:

I can't believe the drama because Evan said SOI only hired the best. :rofl: That's an insult? OMG, Evan was so meaaaaannnnnnnnn. And JW retaliated by calling Evan a slore? Johnny was so meaaaaannnnn. Figure skating fans are hysterical. :rofl: This is the funniest internet war ever.
What's hilarious is that I frequent a board for comic book movie fans and the internet wars there are surprisingly similar to the ones here. Although the filmmakers in question are definitely smart enough not to take public shots at each other. It's the fans taking shots at each other. And The Dark Knight popping up in every thread just like Michelle Kwan. :rofl:

rfisher
05-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Oh, I've seen vicious insults being hurled at one another over fictional characters in a book. Far more nasty than Johnny and Evan waving their hands at each other. :lol: What makes this so funny is the outrage over nothing. Now, if Evan and Johnny got into a good old fashioned brawl with hair pulling and punching, that'd be worth watching. :watch:

Weir is getting to the point of pathetic now. A book and a record. Uh huh. I'm sure he'll have a great retirement on those royalties. I'll be checking the top 10 pre-order list on all the major booksellers so I'll be first in line.

overedge
05-02-2010, 01:12 AM
See I don't think Johnny thought he should have won. I think he truly thinks Evan should have (which is suprising considering how he feels about Plushy both as a skater and a person versus Evan). Whether or not his comment about geography is baseless we all know there is crapola like that that goes on in judging.

All you have to do is look at the men's podium placements for the last few Olympics, and where those skaters came from, to see that Johnny's comment about geography and medal distribution is baseless. There's no "whether or not" about it.

And whether Johnny thinks he should have won is not the point. You criticized Evan for being tacky for putting down someone else's efforts. IMHO it's equally tacky to imply that someone else placed where they did because of politicking and some mythical predetermined geographical distribution of medals.

Cheylana
05-02-2010, 01:16 AM
But why isn't Johnny on Stars on Ice?

I don't think it is because he isn't good enough, he'd certainly bring in the crowds.

More likely, it's because he is not the 'type' of skater SOI wants to promote.
The reason Johnny is not on SOI is that Scott Hamilton doesn't like or trust him. Johnny is a bit of a loose cannon, famous for complaining in his blog and on his TV show about the USFSA and how it didn't give him enough support. Now some people will say he's wild and crazy, refreshingly honest, a unique individual, exercising his First Amendment rights. Maybe so, but I bet Scott knows about and doesn't like those kind of remarks. He likes the kind of skater who represents the US without wearing Team Russia jacket during the practices and refuses to take it off even when asked by the USFS. And who's to say Johnny wouldn't have gone on SOI and later criticized the show, saying that SOI didn't treat him well. I'm not saying Johnny would have, but there's precedent out there.

Johnny, you're incredibly talented, funny, and very nice to your fans. But you make me :wall: Will you please put down the Kim Kardashian "anything to stay in the news" playbook and get a new act!

Yazmeen
05-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Johnny, you're incredibly talented, funny, and very nice to your fans. But you make me :wall: Will you please put down the Kim Kardashian "anything to stay in the news" playbook and get a new act!

Not until he milks it for everything its worth. He isn't known anymore for his (formerly) excellent skating, so he's got to get attention any way he can. And that is the truly saddest thing about Johnny Weir. How I loved Johnny the skater in his earlier days. How I loathe the reality fame whore he has become. What a waste of talent.

judiz
05-02-2010, 12:57 PM
http://figureskating.teamusa.org/news/2010/05/01/what-s-next-for-weir/35709

taylorfax
05-02-2010, 03:18 PM
http://figureskating.teamusa.org/news/2010/05/01/what-s-next-for-weir/35709
Great article. :) I, too, think he should try everything before his next career, whatever that will be. (Haters can gtfo.)

His Derby hat is epic
http://www.kentuckyderby.com/content/red-carpet-johnny-weir

Carolla5501
05-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Great article. :) I, too, think he should try everything before his next career, whatever that will be. (Haters can gtfo.)

His Derby hat is epic
http://www.kentuckyderby.com/content/red-carpet-johnny-weir

Women wear hats at the Derby. Trust me he was noticed and it would not have been "good" He was in Kentucky, amoung a basically conservative group.... There's a time and place for everything something he fails to understand.

(Not to mention that jacket is just plain ugly IMHO I don't care WHAT "brand" it is :) )

Paris Hilton wannabe is all I see now. :(

Snowgirl
05-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Check the pics from the derby and you'll see that Johnny's hat is pretty modest compared to many other men's hats.

taylorfax
05-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Women wear hats at the Derby. Trust me he was noticed and it would not have been "good" He was in Kentucky, amoung a basically conservative group.... There's a time and place for everything something he fails to understand.

Actually, people are loving it! And he wasn't the only guy with a hat.

kwanfan1818
05-02-2010, 05:10 PM
As the second-to-last skater to compete in the men’s free skate in Vancouver, he said the world champion from the US, Evan Lysacek, was already assured a medal, and “two Americans on the podium would be suspect unless they were undeniably the two best.”

Does that mean he was not undeniably one of the two best :saint:

Zemgirl
05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Well, two male medalists from the same country has been something of a rare event at the Olympics. I believe Yags and Plush were the only such example in the past fifty years, and I'd argue that those two were indeed well ahead of the rest of the field at that time.

I wasn't a skating fan for most of this period, so I can't say if it was politiks or merit that led to this pattern. But I can see what Johnny was getting at, and I have no doubt USFSA was pushing Evan for a medal in Vancouver, probably at the expense of Johnny and Jeremy (had he skated well).