PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

succubus
05-01-2010, 12:59 PM
I actually thought Johnny was quoting Louis (played by Rick Moranis) from Ghostbusters when he slammed Evan...remember this classic quote?

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I'm hopelessly unhip, I know...

orbitz
05-01-2010, 02:18 PM
So Evan makes a remark, knowing full- well that Weir never backs away from an argument ( especially with him) and provokes him into a pissing match, contacting US Weekly and People magazine, and Weir's the one clinging to the spotlight?

So Evan should never speak his mind about Weir, because he's supposed to always be aware that Johny "never backs away from an argument"? The only thing Evan should be aware of is that Weir plays no significant role in his life and never will. These two will never compete again on the ice so their life and career paths are completely different from now on. Evan has the records and will always be in the public eyes in one way or another. Let Weir continues his drama queen tirade until he fades into a has-been. It'll get old really soon, even to his fellow queens.

Weir doesn't need Lysacek or this stupid rivalry to get attention. He can do that all on his own, which he had proven many, many times.

Weir can get attention on his own alright, but it won't be anything because of his skating.

taylorfax
05-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Evan has the records and will always be in the public eyes in one way or another.
But will anyone care? I'm curious to put this to the test once DWTS is over.

Anyway. On to more important matters.
Johnny in Kentucky :)
http://www.life.com/image/98774944

agalisgv
05-01-2010, 02:29 PM
See, I could spend half a day hunting the internet for past Lysacek quotes that were downright homophobic, or find that video where he said he's afraid Johnny will pull a Tonya Harding on him I haven't heard those quotes, so if you could post them, I would appreciate it.

kwanette
05-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I haven't heard those quotes, so if you could post them, I would appreciate it.

I'm especially interested in the "Tonya Harding" quote.

God, this thread is fun..

Not since the threads at the old FSW re: Tara vs Michelle has there been such a 'lively" discussion!

gkelly
05-01-2010, 02:45 PM
But why isn't Johnny on Stars on Ice?

I don't think it is because he isn't good enough, he'd certainly bring in the crowds.

More likely, it's because he is not the 'type' of skater SOI wants to promote.

I don't know what interactions or negotiations there may have been between Johnny and his management and the SOI team before or immediately after this Olympics. Maybe he was actively considered and rejected, or maybe they were busy putting together a core team they thought would work for them and didn't give him much thought.

They didn't invite the pair teams or Samuelson/Bates at that time either.

If there wasn't already an explicit problem between Weir and SOI as of March, he could have made a case for getting invited to do at least a few guest spots this year, as the teams mentioned above, Wagner, etc., have.

That would have meant expressing interest and demonstrating that he could bring in an additional set of fans (which I think he could) without alienating other potential fans or the people he would be working with.

Instead he or his supporters chose to set up an adversarial relationship, trying to vilify SOI. At that point, there was no chance they would hire him. And he's only made the relationship worse with his more recent comments.

If he never wanted to skate with SOI in the first place and all he wanted was media attention, he may have achieved his goal. If he did want to skate with SOI, his public reactions to not getting hired initially killed his own chances of it happening.

judiz
05-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I haven't heard those quotes, so if you could post them, I would appreciate it.

I don't know if it would be possible to find the original source anymore. Evan had done a tv interview in Chicago and when asked about Johnny, he said he hoped Johnny didn't pull a Tonya Harding on him backstage. This was sometime in late 2007 or early 2008. I remember posting on another board how upset the remark made me and an Evan fan telling me to get a sense of humor because it was only a joke. The only reason I clearly remember this is because this started a war of words between me and the other poster which resulted in her being banned from the board after she made insulting remarks about Johnny's family and joked about his disabled father.

Eyre
05-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Let Weir continues his drama queen tirade until he fades into a has-been. It'll get old really soon, even to his fellow queens.

It's getting old already. It's so unfortunate that Evan has given him more reason to jump up and down. At least Evan was talking about Johnny's skating (and Evan's comment was not all baseless.) while Johnny was attacking Evan on personal base from the beginning.:(

Where was that "nicest", "sweetest" Johnny that his fans loved?! He couldn't put on that face any more? Two faces?:lol:

rfisher
05-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I can't believe the drama because Evan said SOI only hired the best. :rofl: That's an insult? OMG, Evan was so meaaaaannnnnnnnn. And JW retaliated by calling Evan a slore? Johnny was so meaaaaannnnn. Figure skating fans are hysterical. :rofl: This is the funniest internet war ever.

taylorfax
05-01-2010, 06:24 PM
At least Evan was talking about Johnny's skating (and Evan's comment was not all baseless.) while Johnny was attacking Evan on personal base from the beginning.:(

Are you kidding me. :duh:

Carolla5501
05-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Voice of sanity.

That said, I think they bring out the worst in each other.

And thier fans......

On another note, this is getting to be more pop corn worthy as it goes on

Note the number of views vs. number of posts. :watch:

azskatefan
05-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm especially interested in the "Tonya Harding" quote.

I remember it was from a Chicago TV station. The reporter asked something like if Evan would ever pull a Tonya Harding on Johnny. Evan said something like "No, but I think he'd pull one on me." And raised his eye brows and made a scared face. Not exact quotes but...

REO
05-01-2010, 07:26 PM
See that was obviously a joke. If it went down like you say I would take no offense at that and I AM a Johnny uber.
I don't understand why people see no difference in this than in attacking somone's career. Johnny has said on many occasions that whatever his personal feelings about Evan he deserved his World and Olympic medals. Respect for your fellow competitors efforts is a mark of good sportsmanship and putting down someones work is especially tacky if you're on top. Name calling is childish but not in the same league of meanness.
As to the question of who's "fame" will last longer my money is on Johnny. After DWTS is over, even if Evan, wins he'll become a footnote in short time. No personality is his downfall. Did anyone see him read his Top 10 things that went thru his mind before his Olympic FS on Letterman. It was Weekend at Bernies revisited. Little Shawn Johnson is an Olympic goldie and the winner of DWTS and when was the last time she was on tv or in the rags? AND she has more charm than Mr Roboto. JMO

Bostonfan
05-01-2010, 07:37 PM
REO, I don't think any Evan fans expect that he'll get some additional leverage after DWTS. He's not seeking to become an actor. But DWTS has allowed him to extend his post-Olympic limelight a lot longer than it would have lasted without it. Other than gaining name recognition to those DWTS viewers that don't follow skating, I don't think anyone, including Evan, thinks it's a platform to stardom.

overedge
05-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't understand why people see no difference in this than in attacking somone's career. Johnny has said on many occasions that whatever his personal feelings about Evan he deserved his World and Olympic medals. Respect for your fellow competitors efforts is a mark of good sportsmanship and putting down someones work is especially tacky if you're on top.

If Johnny thinks Evan deserved his Olympic medals, then maybe he shouldn't make comments about how the judging at the Olympics was all political, and that by the time he (Johnny) skated, the "North American spot" on the podium had already been taken, so he had no chance. It isn't exactly showing "respect for your fellow competitors' efforts" to be making baseless comments such as these.