PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

RockTheTassel
05-01-2010, 02:21 AM
I've always been a huge Johnny fan...but the last few weeks these catty remarks are really alienating me. Not because they're catty, but because throughout this whole rivalry thing Evan has rarely said anything *publicly* (with the huge exception of the "not good enough" remark) Evan jealous because he's recording a song and writing a book? He's just baiting people to call him delusional. Wow. I'm trying to be objective about this, but Johnny is really starting to annoy me and this is from a fan.

My guess is there have been some things that we fans have no idea about that have gone down between these two. Johnny may very well be publicly retaliating against Evan for something he's done or said, but whether he is or not, this is getting downright tacky.

Yeah, I definitely agree. I think that's how most of the sane Johnny fans are feeling right now. :(

I was so impressed with the way he conducted himself shortly after the Olympic free skate. Then it started to become about fame and excuses, and now really classless insults and accusations. I know he's never been flawless, but his comments and antics are getting far too absurd. I'm really, really disappointed.

Eyre
05-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Evan isn't a rival and doesn't want nor need to be rivaled with Johnny because there wasn't rivalry between these two in the last a couple of years. Evan was clearly above Johnny. It was/is Johnny who wants to keep this rivalry live, so he could stay in the spot light.:P

psycho
05-01-2010, 03:09 AM
So Evan makes a remark, knowing full- well that Weir never backs away from an argument ( especially with him) and provokes him into a pissing match, contacting US Weekly and People magazine, and Weir's the one clinging to the spotlight?

Weir doesn't need Lysacek or this stupid rivalry to get attention. He can do that all on his own, which he had proven many, many times.

Kabooke
05-01-2010, 03:37 AM
So Evan makes a remark, knowing full- well that Weir never backs away from an argument ( especially with him) and provokes him into a pissing match, contacting US Weekly and People magazine, and Weir's the one clinging to the spotlight?

Weir doesn't need Lysacek or this stupid rivalry to get attention. He can do that all on his own, which he had proven many, many times.

Exactly!

For all the talk of Johnny, Evan has always be the bitchiest! And it continues with his recent comments which he had no other reason to make other than to be the media "slore" Johnny called him.

jlai
05-01-2010, 03:59 AM
I know he's never been flawless, but his comments and antics are getting far too absurd. I'm really, really disappointed.

Not absurd but rather dumb to let the world, let alone your "rival", have the satisfaction of knowing he can hurt you. Now everyone knows which button to push. That's not so smart if he plans to continue his refreshing honesty. :p

Should have treated it like a joke.

That said, both sides have it coming though.

Willowway
05-01-2010, 04:31 AM
My impression is that Johnny has finally bought into the D-List Celebrity value of 'just say something, anything - the more you rile people up, the better.' That's what D-listers do to promote themselves (ergo their shows). It's sad and he's turning into an undignified reflection of the young man he could be.

As far as Evan goes, he just should have held it in. I think he made a terribly awkward effort at trying to praise SOI/reply to Johnny but it really didn't work. I hope he is smart enough to just go the 'no comment' route from now on. Any comment will somehow turn out to be the wrong comment.

taylorfax
05-01-2010, 04:35 AM

Voice of sanity.

That said, I think they bring out the worst in each other.

Bostonfan
05-01-2010, 04:46 AM

BWAHAHAHAHA! :rofl: You Johnny ubers are freaking hilarious! Now Evan apparently has People Magaize and US Weekly on speed dial. That's priceless!

While many uber fans of Johnny think the sun shines out of his ass to spread the holy word of fabulousness to the ignorant masses that haven't fallen under his spell yet, Evan is currently on a show that consistently ranks #1 (or very close to #1) in the ratings. Watched by MILLIONS. Thus it stands to reason that the entertainment media such as US Weekly and People seek out publicity on all of the start on the show. In fact IIRC, PEOPLE magazine has asked Evan to blog about his DWTS experience long before these recent exchanges. Sorry, Evan didn't call a press conference to provoke anything. As difficult as this may be to believe, THEY contacted HIM. Judging by the date the interview came out, Evan made the comment after the really ugly knock to his head. Now that's no excuse for what Evan said. I actually think the concussion threw his P.C. filter out of whack when the question was posed to him. I doubt he was thinking about how to further provoke Johnny into a pissing match since it serves no benefit to Evan for him to do so. He's the OGM. He doesn't need a pissing match to get in the spotlight. DWTS has already accomplished that for him.

RockTheTassel
05-01-2010, 05:18 AM
Evan isn't a rival and doesn't want nor need to be rivaled with Johnny because there wasn't rivalry between these two in the last a couple of years. Evan was clearly above Johnny. It was/is Johnny who wants to keep this rivalry live, so he could stay in the spot light.:P

Actually, Johnny has stated that rivalry is not nearly as bad as the media portrays it to be. I don't believe that's true, but Johnny has tried to downplay the feud between them up until now. Also, let's not forget that Evan is the one who started the fight between them this time with his "You have to be the best of the best of the best to skate with SOI" comments.

Now that doesn't excuse Johnny's reaction to Evan's remarks, but you're criticizing him for the wrong thing.

Eyre
05-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Actually, Johnny has stated that rivalry is not nearly as bad as the media portrays it to be. I don't believe that's true, but Johnny has tried to downplay the feud between them up until now. Also, let's not forget that Evan is the one who started the fight between them this time with his "You have to be the best of the best of the best to skate with SOI" comments.

Now that doesn't excuse Johnny's reaction to Evan's remarks, but you're criticizing him for the wrong thing.

I am just wondering ..... what has happened first - Johnny's personal offense to Evan or Evan's comment of "best of the best"?:rolleyes:

... By the way, where was the war between them in Vancouver like Johnny said?!:confused:

wickedwitch
05-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Not that either is innocent on their own, but to some extent, they're both being manipulated by the media who are trying to fire up this rivalry. Anything that they say is presented in the worst possible manner.

They're both better than this.

Willowway
05-01-2010, 06:17 AM
A member of the press whom I know said that they were perfectly nice to each other in Vancouver. Not close, but respectful.

igniculus
05-01-2010, 08:39 AM
I am just wondering ..... what has happened first - Johnny's personal offense to Evan or Evan's comment of "best of the best"?:rolleyes:

I have to agree with this. Johnny's meaningful wink came first, and I think it's bullshit that he now says it was edited. We all saw the clip and saw it wasn't.

I can't believe this pissing match still carries on. I think both are reacting very immature and shows how fragile and cinsecure they are on the inside. Johnny said Evan is a jealous person - it was very much true in the past, in the previous olympic cycle where Johnny was the US champ and had all the media attention. But now, things have turned Johnny is jealous about Evan's success in the sport. He may have the spotlight and this fcuked up celebrity attention now that Evan may wants to enjoy too (as an OGM and WCH). There will be always something they'll be envious about eachother.

This is why I wish Johnny had payed more attention to himself and skating instead of others and the celebrity fame. I guess it's too late now.

Japanfan
05-01-2010, 10:11 AM
But why isn't Johnny on Stars on Ice?

I don't think it is because he isn't good enough, he'd certainly bring in the crowds.

More likely, it's because he is not the 'type' of skater SOI wants to promote.

Bostonfan
05-01-2010, 12:24 PM
FSU generally likes snarkiness. Frankly I care less about these two slinging arrows at each other than I do with them crying foul when they're both throwing verbal punches. Even worse are the fans that are outraged when their favorite slings arrows and then receives some in return.

We really should create a code of points for snarky putdowns and insults. Ooh, an off-season project!

For example, "Slore" - very inventive, unusual expression. I'd give it a high value. Right up there with a quad. However, Johnny loses GOE for making the comment to Wendy Williams - who frankly doesn't have the name recognition of other hosts (nor would I even know who she was if it weren't for Joel McHale and "The Soup"). Imagine if he made the comment on Oprah!!!! We're talking major positive GOE! Like doing a quad/quad combo at the 4 minute mark!

Sadly Evan's "best of the best" comment would be the COP equivalent of a failed 3/3 attempt. I'm not talking about an under-rotation. I'm talking a full face plant on the ice. Frankly while it's a viable insult, he tries to elevate SOI in the same comment, and the whole thing becomes a muddled mess. Negative GOE definitely.