PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

REO
04-30-2010, 10:48 PM
LOL How can you say that? This is huge stuff!! It is getting old now though. I'm more interested now to see Johnny's new hat at the Derby. Onward and upward.

Autumm_wind
04-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Don't worry, only 8 pages to go.
I will miss this thread, though.

Cheylana
04-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Evan tells why he insulted Johnny: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/evan-lysacek-why-i-insulted-johnny-weir-2010304
Thanks. I had a feeling Evan would backtrack from his comments, which definitely came off as mean, even if Johny did kind of ask for it.

jlai
04-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Puhleeze. To bring poor Jeremy into this stupid thing is grasping at straws.

Actually he's brought into the argument every single time someone asks "Why isn't Johnny on the tour?" Then we sometimes get a sidelined "who's second behind Evan debate" as soggy fries along with the crummy entree. :( There must be a huge consolation prize to be second instead of third that I'm not aware of.

The picture with Jeremy in the press room after winning 2010 US nat. between Johnny and Evan was oh so symbolic.

Back to the topic: Judging from the way Johnny looked in the show, Evan's comment stung him. Stupid for Johnny to strike back though because that proves he's hurt. The best way to get back at someone is to act like you don't care. JMHO.

The fact that it did hurt said something, didn't it.

gkelly
04-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Back to the topic: Judging from the way Johnny looked in the show, Evan's comment stung him.

And Wendy Williams(?) read it in such a way as to make it seem as hurtful as possible. We don't know what Lysacek's tone of voice was. I'm sure that Weir would have been insulted if he'd heard Lysacek make the comment or even if he'd just read it on paper, but maybe not quite as badly or been provoked into escalating the insults.

Cheylana
04-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Back to the topic: Judging from the way Johnny looked in the show, Evan's comment stung him. Stupid for Johnny to strike back though because that proves he's hurt. The best way to get back at someone is to act like you don't care for it. JMHO.

The fact that it did hurt said something, didn't it.
What it shows is that Johnny can dish it but he can't take it!

Give me Headcase Jeremy any day over this stupid "rivalry"!

Sparks
05-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Meh. I'm all about Dai right now...

letittwinkle
05-01-2010, 01:33 AM
To think my first post would be in here, lol. Today has been crazy.

Here's a Johhny article from today: Skater Johnny Weir on Fashion, Rivals–and Lady Gaga (http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/04/30/skater-johnny-weir-on-fashion-rivals-and-lady-gaga/)

Excerpt
Speaking of people trying to bring you down, Evan Lysacek’s comments earlier this week were pretty harsh.

Evan and I have had a very rocky relationship to say the least… Recently I was on “Chelsea Handler” [a show on the E! network] and it was through clever editing they had me winking at a very inopportune time it looked like me had me insinuating something about Evan so I’m sure he wasn’t happy about that. But I think in general he’s a very jealous person and a very two faced person. He’s the kind of person who will rehearse what he’s going to say in an interview two weeks in advance.

He’s probably very jealous that despite the fact he’s an Olympic champion he’s on “Dancing with the Stars” and I’m writing a book and recording a song. I’m crossing over to be a personality. But I can say I voted for him twice on “Dancing with the Stars” just as a sign of support. And I have always said he works very hard and does deserve his Olympic gold medal…But he mocks people and makes fun of people and I’m sure this was just a situation where he just said something that he knew would hurt me.

*Rolling my eyes*

Would you even have time to do “Stars on Ice” if you were asked?

I wouldn’t participate in “Stars on Ice” if I were asked. I find it an amateurish tour in a way, the production quality. That’s why I’m trying to do my own show and do something new...."

Wyliefan
05-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Oh, so now it's clever editing. Last time it was "the wink meant I was trying to get her to stop." You might want to practice your story a few times so you can get it straight next time you tell it in public, Johnny.

psycho
05-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Oh, so now it's clever editing. Last time it was "the wink meant I was trying to get her to stop." You might want to practice your story a few times so you can get it straight next time you tell it in public, Johnny.

There is nothing contradictory about the two statements.

shallwedansu
05-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Speaking of people trying to bring you down, Evan Lysacek’s comments earlier this week were pretty harsh.

Evan and I have had a very rocky relationship to say the least… Recently I was on “Chelsea Handler” [a show on the E! network] and it was through clever editing they had me winking at a very inopportune time it looked like me had me insinuating something about Evan so I’m sure he wasn’t happy about that. But I think in general he’s a very jealous person and a very two faced person. He’s the kind of person who will rehearse what he’s going to say in an interview two weeks in advance.

He’s probably very jealous that despite the fact he’s an Olympic champion he’s on “Dancing with the Stars” and I’m writing a book and recording a song. I’m crossing over to be a personality. But I can say I voted for him twice on “Dancing with the Stars” just as a sign of support. And I have always said he works very hard and does deserve his Olympic gold medal…But he mocks people and makes fun of people and I’m sure this was just a situation where he just said something that he knew would hurt me.

*Rolling my eyes*

Would you even have time to do “Stars on Ice” if you were asked?

I wouldn’t participate in “Stars on Ice” if I were asked. I find it an amateurish tour in a way, the production quality. That’s why I’m trying to do my own show and do something new...."
:violin:

:rolleyes:

IceJunkie
05-01-2010, 01:57 AM
I've always been a huge Johnny fan...but the last few weeks these catty remarks are really alienating me. Not because they're catty, but because throughout this whole rivalry thing Evan has rarely said anything *publicly* (with the huge exception of the "not good enough" remark) Evan jealous because he's recording a song and writing a book? He's just baiting people to call him delusional. Wow. I'm trying to be objective about this, but Johnny is really starting to annoy me and this is from a fan.

My guess is there have been some things that we fans have no idea about that have gone down between these two. Johnny may very well be publicly retaliating against Evan for something he's done or said, but whether he is or not, this is getting downright tacky.

letittwinkle
05-01-2010, 02:08 AM
I've always been a huge Johnny fan...but the last few weeks these catty remarks are really alienating me. Not because they're catty, but because throughout this whole rivalry thing Evan has rarely said anything *publicly* (with the huge exception of the "not good enough" remark) Evan jealous because he's recording a song and writing a book? He's just baiting people to call him delusional. Wow. I'm trying to be objective about this, but Johnny is really starting to annoy me and this is from a fan.

My guess is there have been some things that we fans have no idea about that have gone down between these two. Johnny may very well be publicly retaliating against Evan for something he's done or said, but whether he is or not, this is getting downright tacky.

I agree. They really just need to cut it out in public now. It's not making either of them look good. It just looks petty, tacky and immature.

caseyedwards
05-01-2010, 02:18 AM
I agree the more of the public sniping the more it is like "what went on personally between them?" and "just keep it private and resolve it between the two of yourselves"

overedge
05-01-2010, 02:20 AM
I wouldn’t participate in “Stars on Ice” if I were asked

FFS. Then why did he make such a fuss about not being asked?

Oh well, at least by calling SOI "amateurish", he won't have the problem of them issuing him an invitation to join any time soon. I'm sure they are just quaking in their boots about the competition from Johnny's high-production-values tour :rolleyes: