PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

overedge
04-30-2010, 07:28 PM
See, I could spend half a day hunting the internet for past Lysacek quotes that were downright homophobic, or find that video where he said he's afraid Johnny will pull a Tonya Harding on him, but even if I do all that, you'll still find ways to make excuses for Evan while twisting anything Weir does into something sinister. So I am not going to bother.

If you're so sure that Evan has said things as snarky as what Johnny has said in the past, it shouldn't take you half a day to find them.

psycho
04-30-2010, 07:31 PM
If you're so sure that Evan has said things as snarky as what Johnny has said in the past, it shouldn't take you half a day to find them.

I don't store every douchy thing someone says on my computer and save any video that gets taken down regularly. Sorry to disappoint. :P

museksk8r
04-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Just wondering, what negative things has Johnny said about Jeremy? He always seemed very neutral and indifferent when commenting about him, and even defended him a little during his Worlds commentary. I've heard they don't like each other much, but I've never heard either one say bad or disrespectful things about the other.

I've never heard they don't like each other. Johnny has said that Jeremy is quiet and that he doesn't know him very well, but he did say he liked his skating and respected his talent at Worlds. Jeremy has said that Johnny is a strong skater and Abbott really wanted Weir to compete at Worlds this year according to his twitter messages. There's an understated mutual respect there between the two. Weir has said on his reality show that Abbott is an unreliable skater, which sometimes works to his advantage, but Abbott can fairly claim the same about Weir too.

overedge
04-30-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't store every douchy thing someone says on my computer and save any video that gets taken down regularly. Sorry to disappoint. :P
I guess you don't know about this thing called Google then...

Allskate
04-30-2010, 07:36 PM
On an amusing note, I was just watching this video of Johnny skating on youtube, when an SOI ad popped up. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1Dk-NxfaM

Based on that People article, I think Evan has received his PR orders and yet still manages to complain about Johnny while acting contrite. :lol:

Based on that People article, I think Evan has received his PR orders and yet still manages to complain about Johnny while claiming to be contrite. :lol: I doubt this is the end of it even if they want it to be because they're both going to get questions about it.

And I'd bet that Johnny's comments about having no respect for Evan were a response to Evan's comments this past week about him. I wouldn't have much respect for Evan either if he had said those kinds of petty and untrue things. Johnny should just STFU because he does not have the ability to win this feud and Evan's comments are more hurtful. Johnny doesn't have nearly the power or publicist. Evan might have the ability to win the media war over Johnny, but he's still not doing himself any favors. He needs to stop playing victim, too, because lots of people know that he initiated a lot of this and every time he opens his mouth to pretend to be conciliatory he still says things to piss people off and make himself look bad. They both need to just STFU.

ballerynna
04-30-2010, 07:58 PM
But from the PEOPLE story it looks like he's back on that bandwagon again:

It could also mean that despite interviewing Johnny, PEOPLE simply assumed he never changed his story. I've seen quite a few magazines and reporters do that, especially since I think it was only on Joy Behar did Johnny downplay the family-friendly angle

On another note, this is getting to be more pop corn worthy as it goes on

REO
04-30-2010, 09:57 PM
I guess you don't know about this thing called Google then...

I also have better things to do with my time than google every petty little thing either have said about the other but I do remember way back before Evan ever even won a National title, him saying if he were National champ he would respect the title blah blah blah in his own little Evany way. The reporter then asked, "Do you think Johnny doesn't do that?" Evan got a look on his face like Bambi in the headlights and said, "I didn't say that." But of course he did. There are so many examples of both saying crapola it would take all day to look it up if anyone had the inclination. The thing that makes this different is the ragging on the other person's entire career as a skater not just the old 'oh we don't get along we're so different' schtick. Not excusing, but perhaps mitigating what Johnny said, was the fact that he kind of chuckled when he said it. Evan has a history of foot in mouth when talking to the press. He's not quick on his feet or good at expressing himself. It would also help if he could remember what he said only a week ago before he says something completely contradictory. It looks bad for someone who is on top to take shots at someone he competes against. As for how he acted when Plushy went after him after the Olys I bet his team made super damn sure he took the high road. This apology is smart business probably instigated by his PR peeps. I doubt it's sincere.

Wyliefan
04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
:rofl: Okay, "respecting the title in his own little Evany way" has got to become a rep level.

azskatefan
04-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Evan tells why he insulted Johnny: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/evan-lysacek-why-i-insulted-johnny-weir-2010304

Waving a white flag -- sort of -- Lycasek tells Us that that his rival "is an accomplished and talented skater."

Lysacek explains his outburst: "Since the Olympics, I've dealt with Johnny's questioning my integrity and sexuality, and I've never spoken out on my own behalf no matter how hurtful those things may have been. I should have known better."

"Best wishes and congratulations to Johnny as he opens the new season of Ice Theatre of New York," Lycasek adds. "I wish him well in all of his future endeavors."

(It's their spelling of Lysacek, not mine.)

igniculus
04-30-2010, 10:06 PM
I also have better things to do with my time than google every petty little thing either have said about the other but I do remember way back before Evan ever even won a National title, him saying if he were National champ he would respect the title blah blah blah in his own little Evany way. The reporter then asked, "Do you think Johnny doesn't do that?" Evan got a look on his face like Bambi in the headlights and said, "I didn't say that."

Actually, that was not what was said in that conversation. He said he'd try to be a better representative of the sport if he was the champhion.

REO
04-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Puhleeze. To bring poor Jeremy into this stupid thing is grasping at straws. It's totally untrue that Johnny says mean things about Jeremy or any other skater. The Patrick Starfish thing was in his capacity as a commentator not a slam at Patrick. Certainly not at Patrick as a person. This is why people get accused of being "ubers". The stuff they say is right off the stable floor just to keep the argument going. On the other hand, it has been rather entertaining for these couple of days so maybe they're just fanning the flames to get their jollies. LOL

azskatefan
04-30-2010, 10:14 PM
The Patrick Starfish thing was in his capacity as a commentator not a slam at Patrick.

Just because Johnny said it as a commentator does not make a difference. Johnny is entitled to his opinion in any capacity as is Evan, and any other skater for that matter. And being in the USA, they can express it freely for the most parT. I just think both should take a step back and evaluate which opinions really need to be aired in public. It's one thing to gossip among friends (WE'RE ALL GUILTY) but it's another to say it on TV, to reporters, etc. Of course that's my opinion. But I'm sure both see some benefit in doing it out in public. Otherwise, neither would be in People or US today.

REO
04-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Well Patrick is worse than Johnny or Evan at sniping at other skaters lol but I totally agree with everything else you said.

BittyBug
04-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I am :rofl: that this little contretemps has made its way into both US and People. It must be a slow news week, even for the gossip rags.

Cheylana
04-30-2010, 10:47 PM
In defense of Johnny's comments re: Patrick..Johnny was acting as an analyst for Worlds. His comments are no different from many others we have heard over the yrs from other analysts...from "refrigerator break" (cringes), to "flapping" and "flailing" to Uncle Dick's criticism of Johnny's not relating to the audience.

And for the record, I've never noticed Patrick's hands..I'm too busy asking his feet to marry me.:D
Patrick's feet :swoon: