PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Nan
04-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Evan is so transparent.

That's because he's so pure. ;)

Ok, whatever. It doesn't change my opinion on the matter.

I didn't really think it would. A closed mind is a terrible thing.....

overedge
04-30-2010, 06:55 PM
There is no justifiable reason for Johnny Weir not to be on the Stars on Ice tour. .

How about the producers of the show not wanting to put up with drama queen behaviour and loose lips?

Bostonfan
04-30-2010, 06:56 PM
This is going to turn into one of those great urban myths.

I don't think any skater automatically deserves to be extended anything based on their accomplishments. But let's ignore the fact that we don't actually have any facts and go with your line of reasoning for the fun of it.

Michelle Kwan deserved to be invited to SOI but as far as we know she never was. We ASSUME they did, but WE DON'T KNOW. SOI has never commented on it and neither has Kwan. It's a business and the key players treat it like a business. And then we have Johnny's example. We only have Johnny's side of the story, and he backed off of his original assertion of being refused due to not being "family-friendly" when it was verified that SOI never actually said that.

For all we know SOI doesn't indeed like Johnny. But it could be money too. Everything's negotiable and perhaps money was an issue. Or billing. Or, or, or. The point is that SOI is a business, and unless they choose to explain exactly how they go about selecting their casts and the negotiated contracts of each cast member - all we have is Johnny's word. Given his penchant for hyperbole and his agent's lack of any discernible professional conduct (my opinion having watched Be Good Johnny Weir), I take what he and his team says with an enourmous grain of salt.

psycho
04-30-2010, 06:57 PM
I love all these "Evan finally cracked" excuses. Please, he's been saying douchy things about Weir for a long time now, this has never been one sided, and I am amused that people act like Weir started this thing for publicity, when Evan was the one who got the latest ball rolling with that SOI comment...Sorry, I realize you're ubers, but that makes little sense....

overedge
04-30-2010, 07:05 PM
I love all these "Evan finally cracked" excuses. Please, he's been saying douchy things about Weir for a long time now, this has never been one sided, and I am amused that people act like Weir started this thing for publicity, when Evan was the one who got the latest ball rolling with that SOI comment...Sorry, I realize you're ubers, but that makes little sense....

Sorry to bust your bubble, but not everyone who is criticizing Johnny's behaviour is doing so because they are an Evan uber.

And if Evan has previously been saying the equivalent of calling Johnny a slore or making wink-wink comments about the true nature of Johnny's sexuality or relationships, I think we'd all love to see the links to those comments.

museksk8r
04-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I didn't really think it would. A closed mind is a terrible thing.....

So is blind ignorance. :scream:

igniculus
04-30-2010, 07:09 PM
So if one does not believe in crazy conspiracy theories, is immediately ignorant? :rolleyes:

RockTheTassel
I find it rather pathetic that two skaters who are most likely done with their competitive skating careers are still continuing to bash each other. I wanted both of them to be back next season, but now I'm starting to hope they're not just so we don't have to hear this crap anymore. :rolleyes:

It's really disappointing to see this from a skater I considered my favorite and a skater I liked and respected. I knew they both had issues with each other in the past, but I thought they would have grown up by now. Honestly, they strongly remind me of some of the bitchy teenage girls I know.

overedge
And then we have Johnny's example. We only have Johnny's side of the story, and he backed off of his original assertion of being refused due to not being "family-friendly" when it was verified that SOI never actually said that.

But from the PEOPLE story it looks like he's back on that bandwagon again:

The flamboyant Weir claims the show didn't hire him because he didn't fit the tour's "family-friendly" profile a charge Stars on Ice denies.

museksk8r
04-30-2010, 07:16 PM
I find it rather pathetic that two skaters who are most likely done with their competitive skating careers are still continuing to bash each other. I wanted both of them to be back next season, but now I'm starting to hope they're not just so we don't have to hear this crap anymore. :rolleyes:

It's really disappointing to see this from a skater I considered my favorite and a skater I liked and respected. I knew they both had issues with each other in the past, but I thought they would have grown up by now. Honestly, they strongly remind me of some of the bitchy teenage girls I know.

I appreciate your take on things. At least you can fairly admit that they both are being bitchy. I cringe every time Lysacek's fans paint him as some holy and pure idol type person. :shuffle:

psycho
04-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Sorry to bust your bubble, but not everyone who is criticizing Johnny's behaviour is doing so because they are an Evan uber.

And if Evan has previously been saying the equivalent of calling Johnny a slore or making wink-wink comments about the true nature of Johnny's sexuality or relationships, I think we'd all love to see the links to those comments.

See, I could spend half a day hunting the internet for past Lysacek quotes that were downright homophobic, or find that video where he said he's afraid Johnny will pull a Tonya Harding on him, but even if I do all that, you'll still find ways to make excuses for Evan while twisting anything Weir does into something sinister. So I am not going to bother.

All I know is that these things have been discussed in great depth over the years and since you're not new here, you're perfectly aware of them...;)

azskatefan
04-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe SOI doesn't hire Johnny because he doesn't get along with a lot of the cast. He's not respectful of Evan. He's not respectful of Jeremy. He has said mean things about a few others over the past few years. It's the same reason Oksana never gets hired! Great skater, great titles but is known to have feuds and/or random outbursts of drama. (OK, willing to admit that Johnny is a thousand times more pleasant and responsible than Oksana and not anywhere near as crazy.)

Also, Evan whines about injury but Johnny has done his fare share of whining too then. He missed the bus because the schedule changed. People won't let him wear fur. They politicked him out of an Olympic medal. He can't get on tour. Stop the drama and SKATE everyone. Both are in the wrong. Both look like junior girls right now.

RockTheTassel
04-30-2010, 07:27 PM
He's not respectful of Jeremy.

Just wondering, what negative things has Johnny said about Jeremy? He always seemed very neutral and indifferent when commenting about him, and even defended him a little during his Worlds commentary. I've heard they don't like each other much, but I've never heard either one say bad or disrespectful things about the other.

Bostonfan
04-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Stop the drama and SKATE everyone. Both are in the wrong. Both look like junior girls right now.

Agreed! It'll be interesting to see if either of them have the necessary discipline to simply stop commenting on each other. Who will blink first?

psycho
04-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Maybe SOI doesn't hire Johnny because he doesn't get along with a lot of the cast. He's not respectful of Evan. He's not respectful of Jeremy. He has said mean things about a few others over the past few years. It's the same reason Oksana never gets hired! Great skater, great titles but is known to have feuds and/or random outbursts of drama. (OK, willing to admit that Johnny is a thousand times more pleasant and responsible than Oksana and not anywhere near as crazy.)

I love this BS about Johnny not getting along with others. Because I am sure no one else ever had any issues with each other on tour. Because last time I checked, Weir managed to tour with a lot of different people in the past, without anyone's head exploding. He toured with Lysacek after their "feud" begun, and both of them made it out alive. I also remember, that after Rudy Galindo made disparaging comments about Weir to the press, they both went on the same tour, and not only did they not kill each other, but they talked it out and became close friends.

And what is this about Johnny not being 'respectful' of Jeremy? For all their differences, they've kept it civil, and that's to both of their credit...