PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

taylorfax
04-30-2010, 05:58 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20365447,00.html

And so it continues...
lol I think 'at war' is their default setting, tbh, at least I'm used to it. Their personalities just clash. Also, any half-assed apologies by Evan's people are sort of meaningless if that's how he really feels etc etc.

Bostonfan
04-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Also, any half-assed apologies by Evan's people are sort of meaningless if that's how he really feels etc etc.

But he did both. He acknowledged that Johnny is "an accomplished and talented skater". But that doesn't mean he can't also think Johnny is an A-hole. There are plenty of athletes and celebrities that I would acknowledge as being supremely talented, but would never want to actually spend time with them because they rub me the wrong way. That's not half-assed. That's human nature.

Eyre
04-30-2010, 06:05 PM
I've always thought Johnny and Evan are more alike than they care to admit, and it's the media and their common goals who pitt one against the other.

They love the spotlight, love fashion, and tend to stick to the same programs for consistency purpose. And they both want dancing with the stars.

Actually, medias and USFSA created the rivalry and mostly hyped by Johnny Weir. Johnny even compared Evan and himself to Alexei Yagudin vs. Evgeni Plushenko at one point.:slinkaway

To be fair, Evan liked to stick with same program/programs for more seasons. Johnny usually have new programs for every season except in 2006 when he went back to his Otonal for Olympics.

manleywoman
04-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Weir, who is opening the season for Ice Theatre of New York at Chelsea Piers, added, "I have no respect for Evan Lysacek." He is encouraging fans not to vote for his rival on Dancing with the Stars.

Wow. No respect? Evan's isn't my favorite skater, but I respect his drive and work ethic to reach his goals.

That's just petty on Johnny's part.

taylorfax
04-30-2010, 06:06 PM
But he did both. He acknowledged that Johnny is "an accomplished and talented skater". ... That's not half-assed. That's human nature.
Sorry. I'm just not that gullible, I guess. ;)

Eyre
04-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Wow. No respect? Evan's isn't my favorite skater, but I respect his drive and work ethic to reach his goals.

Johnny seems a little desparate. Comments from him are more and more outrageous. So better stay away from him.:eek:

Autumm_wind
04-30-2010, 06:12 PM
And what exactly would Johnny have to offer the media if it weren't for the totally fabricated fraud between him and Lysacek?

Oh right, wink wink.

Jaana
04-30-2010, 06:22 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20365447,00.html

And so it continues...

Thanks for the link! Weir looks like butter would not melt in his mouth:lol:

jlai
04-30-2010, 06:24 PM
To be fair, Evan liked to stick with same program/programs for more seasons. Johnny usually have new programs for every season except in 2006 when he went back to his Otonal for Olympics.
I meant the same type of programs.

you can tell from the show Johnny was upset by evan's comment.
Sad. So easily riled
Now Evan will look good as he keeps his mouth shut

Bostonfan
04-30-2010, 06:24 PM
It seems to me the "whining" about broken toes and hitting his head has been amplified because DWTS loves to play up those things. Anytime any of the pros or celebrities incur an injury, DWTS jumps on it for dramatic purposes. If Evan weren't on DWTS and simply injured himself touring with SOI, would he have had given multiple interviews about it? Probably not. Maybe tweeted or blogged it. It would then make the rounds on the skating internet sites, but not much beyond that in terms of the general media.

I seem to recall Johnny "whining" about being sick in Korea last year. I know I read it in one of the skating magazines. Not really any different.

museksk8r
04-30-2010, 06:47 PM
There is no justifiable reason for Johnny Weir not to be on the Stars on Ice tour. He deserves an invitation to participate in the show just as any other skater who is a part of it. If people are trying to use his lack of accomplishments as a reason, then please tell me why in the world Emily Hughes is a listed cast member when her last medal won nationally or internationally was a silver way back at the 2007 4CC (Regionals obviously doesn't count) :P.

overedge
04-30-2010, 06:52 PM
The irony is that there is no benefit to Johnny for ending the "war". Evan has the OGM. But IMO Johnny desperately needs to keep the fued going in order to keep himself in the tabloids. Unless he can find some other source of "war".

Agreed. I guess it wasn't a "war" when Johnny was being catty about Evan, and Evan either didn't bother to respond or said tactful things in return. So it's only a "war" when Johnny says it is? Johnny's "claws" have been out long before this. For him to jump all over Evan (metaphorically speaking) when Evan finally cracked and said something tactless just makes Johnny look even more petty and desperate for publicity IMHO.

Nan
04-30-2010, 06:53 PM
There is no justifiable reason for Johnny Weir not to be on the Stars on Ice tour. He deserves an invitation to participate in the show just as any other skater who is a part of it.

Skaters are not "invited to participate" in Stars on Ice, they are "hired to skate." It's not a party, it's a job.

museksk8r
04-30-2010, 06:53 PM
I meant the same type of programs.

you can tell from the show Johnny was upset by evan's comment.
Sad. So easily riled
Now Evan will look good as he keeps his mouth shut

Evan is so transparent. I'll whine about not getting higher PCS marks at Nationals when I skated crappy and insult the champion in the process by claiming I gave away the title to him. I'll play the victim card at the Olympics to show I'm being bullied by :EVILLE: Plushenko. I'll make a statement insinuating to the press that Weir is not among the best, but then attempt to retract it by saying he's "talented and accomplished" b/c I have to try and make myself look good to the public although I really can't stand the guy. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. :P

Plain and simple, Lysacek is a sore loser. His faux graciousness only exposes itself when he has the upper hand.

museksk8r
04-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Skaters are not "invited to participate" in Stars on Ice, they are "hired to skate." It's not a party, it's a job.

Ok, whatever. It doesn't change my opinion on the matter.