PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Prancer
04-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Ok I read through all these comments, and I can't seem to find where it says Evan's recent comment about Johnny...

The Q&A was linked in this post: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2745911&postcount=643

kwanette
04-30-2010, 10:08 AM
He recently called Patrick Chan overrated, said he didn't connect with his audience and had "starfish hands."

In defense of Johnny's comments re: Patrick..Johnny was acting as an analyst for Worlds. His comments are no different from many others we have heard over the yrs from other analysts...from "refrigerator break" (cringes), to "flapping" and "flailing" to Uncle Dick's criticism of Johnny's not relating to the audience.

And for the record, I've never noticed Patrick's hands..I'm too busy asking his feet to marry me.:D

Yazmeen
04-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Interesting thought here: did it ever occur to anyone that Evan's best of the best remark alluded TO the hardware, namely medals won, not an assessment of Johnny's skills as a skater? As noted previously, SOI is filled to the brim with male skaters with more medals/success on the international level than Johnny. With women, they haven't had as much luck.

Nan
04-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Interesting thought here: did it ever occur to anyone that Evan's best of the best remark alluded TO the hardware, namely medals won, not an assessment of Johnny's skills as a skater?

What, give Evan credit for NOT insulting Johnny?? Can't do it, the earth would tilt off it's axis.

query5
04-30-2010, 03:32 PM
sorry--i didn't find your post humorous--
for me there is nothing humorous about making fun of something or denoucing someones ability to either hype yourself up( make yourself look better) the tour or sport.
i don't care who said what--johnny to a low bow to evan and evan put a snide to johnny stating (in between lines) see i am olympic champ-you aren't good enough our tour, skating or character --therefore you are less of a human--that is what i take from. maybe total off but that is what i gleamed from it.
the johnny evan feud is deepening -no matter who medals or gets what . it is between the skaters not the fans which only hurts the sport more.
figure skating is Character driven .

BlueRidge
04-30-2010, 03:41 PM
I haven't made any humorous posts on this thread.

In fact I've addressed very serious issues on this thread.

If you are referring to some other thread, you may want to post your issues with me there.

manleywoman
04-30-2010, 03:54 PM
And all the sniping that Evan and Johnny have done to each other over many many years is one of the reasons I like Jeremy Abbott.

REO
04-30-2010, 04:13 PM
It is nice to like someone who's drama free isn't it? I like Jeremy too. I like his skating better than Evan's and he's less high maintenance than Johnny. That's why I always loved Stephane too even though Johnny is my fav.

tarotx
04-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Well Jeremy hasn't had someone almost opposite as he jammed up his butt like Evan and Johnny has by NBC and USFSA.

azskatefan
04-30-2010, 04:58 PM
In Jeremy's defense, in the last two years, he's been very accomplished. (We just tend to reflect on his really BAD performances.) He won the 2010 U.S. Championship, 2010 Skate Canada, 2009 U.S. Championships, 2008 Grand Prix Final (first US man to do so) and 2009 Cup of China. In the same time frame, Johnny has not won a single event, although he has won more medals (he has six). If you are not looking at over time, which Evan might not be, Johnny certainly was never the "best of the best" in the last few years. He last won an event in 2007. It's not like Jeremy came in off the street! Since the 2006 Olympics, he's one of two U.S. Champions. The other is on the tour. His name is Evan Lysacek.

Garden Kitty
04-30-2010, 04:58 PM
I thnk that the question/answer was about SOI male skaters. With the exception of Abbott (who is the current US champion though and has a connection to SOI via his coach Yuka Sato) all the other male skaters have more hardware than Weir. Michael Weiss is a two-time World bronze medalist, Eldredge a World champion and of course Lysacek himself the reigning OG medalist and a World champion.

Jeremy doesn't have a world medal, but he is a grand prix final champion.

jlai
04-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Well Jeremy hasn't had someone almost opposite as he jammed up his butt like Evan and Johnny has by NBC and USFSA.

I've always thought Johnny and Evan are more alike than they care to admit, and it's the media and their common goals who pitt one against the other.

They love the spotlight, love fashion, and tend to stick to the same programs for consistency purpose. And they both want dancing with the stars.

If anything, Jeremy is a contrast to those two.

But let's return to topic in hand (Johnny) or the thread will turn into a Johnny v. Jeremy fan war (see the who's-in-charge thread for the "second-best" debate ).

Veronika
04-30-2010, 05:49 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20365447,00.html

And so it continues...

Bostonfan
04-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Well this clearly shows me the difference between the two:

Weir, who is opening the season for Ice Theatre of New York at Chelsea Piers, added, "I have no respect for Evan Lysacek." He is encouraging fans not to vote for his rival on Dancing with the Stars.

But there may a truce on the horizon. In a statement to PEOPLE, Lysacek says he wants to end the feud, even though Weir had said hurtful things. Extending an olive branch, he's calling Weir "an accomplished and talented skater" and wishing him well at his New York show.

"I let my personal feelings cloud my judgment in how I answered a journalist's question about Stars on Ice and Johnny that I should never have answered," says Lysacek. "I should have known better."

ETA: We posted at the same time skatingfan5!

It'll be interesting to see how Johnnt responds. The irony is that there is no benefit to Johnny for ending the "war". Evan has the OGM. But IMO Johnny desperately needs to keep the fued going in order to keep himself in the tabloids. Unless he can find some other source of "war".

skatingfan5
04-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Interesting thought here: did it ever occur to anyone that Evan's best of the best remark alluded TO the hardware, namely medals won, not an assessment of Johnny's skills as a skater? As noted previously, SOI is filled to the brim with male skaters with more medals/success on the international level than Johnny. With women, they haven't had as much luck.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20365447,00.html

And so it continues...Well, whatever Evan meant by his "SOI only hires the best of the best" comments, evidently he now wishes that he had held his tongue.
In a statement to PEOPLE, Lysacek says he wants to end the feud, even though Weir had said hurtful things. Extending an olive branch, he's calling Weir "an accomplished and talented skater" and wishing him well at his New York show.

"I let my personal feelings cloud my judgment in how I answered a journalist's question about Stars on Ice and Johnny that I should never have answered," says Lysacek. "I should have known better."On a completely trivial note, I never thought that I would prefer Evan's slicked back hairdo to anything else he might try, but those bangs are definitely worse :eek:. I even prefer Johnny's Jeri-curl look of the two -- I can't believe I just wrote that. :lol: