PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

psycho
04-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm just now reading some of Johnny's comments to Evan that are quite mean spirited. Evan seems to have been nice to him up until now.

Sorry, you need to search further if that is that's the impression you're getting. Even has been nothing but condescending, and borderline homophobic towards Weir over the years.

When straight people use gayness as a coy joke it pisses me off; when a (maybe :rolleyes: ) gay person uses straight homophobia to propel their career, it's even worse.

Hmmmm, how exactly is Weir doing that?

All the comments about him not being masculine "hahaha." People constantly are making posts that seem to think they are taunting Evan about his not being masculine. And all the "Oh sure he's dating Tanith (or Nastia) comments." There's a "hahaha I know he's really a faggot" undertone that is sickening. This is straight up homophobia. Evan is a figure skater, whatever his sexual orientation, he isn't masculine in the NASCAR mode. Yet there is always a poster ready to make fun of that.

On the school yard that would be considered anti-gay bullying. And it doesn't matter whether the person who is the target of it is gay or straight. It still is.
I guess you've forgotten how Evan engaged in the same anti-gay bullying you're accusing others of. He was the one making disparaging comments about those guys in sparkles who skate to classical music ( totally missing the irony, but that's Evan); you also must have missed his, repeated to a point of laughable, calling of himself as" masculine" and "manly and strong" and contrasting himself to those who wear costumes and make other manly men like him look bad? Some people taunt Evan now because they use his exact arguments against him to emphasize his hypocrisy on the matter, people don't say that about say...Oda, because Oda never made the same ridiculous claims.

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 07:19 PM
I guess you've forgotten how Evan engaged in the same anti-gay bullying you're accusing others of. He was the one making disparaging comments about those guys in sparkles who skate to classical music ( totally missing the irony, but that's Evan); you also must have missed his, repeated to a point of laughable, calling of himself as" masculine" and "manly and strong" and contrasting himself to those who wear costumes and make other manly men like him look bad? Some people taunt Evan now because they use his exact arguments against him to emphasize his hypocrisy on the matter, people don't say that about say...Oda, because Oda never made the same ridiculous claims.

No those were all misquotes made up by fans. Sorry but the fans created this bullshit myth about Evan.

People taunt Evan for one reason: they are homophobes. They want everyone in clearly marked boxes acting according to script. This is 2010 people need to stop acting like it is 1970.

igniculus
04-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Johnny addresses Evan's comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGdNmAsQ1A)

I didn't know what 'slore' meant so I searched on urban dictionary. Slore (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slore): Slut + whore. :rolleyes:

Another wonderful Weirism. What a great way to impress. :duh: :wall:

psycho
04-28-2010, 07:24 PM
No those were all misquotes made up by fans. Sorry but the fans created this bullshit myth about Evan.

People taunt Evan for one reason: they are homophobes. They want everyone in clearly marked boxes acting according to script. This is 2010 people need to stop acting like it is 1970.

Ooohkay then......I didn't realize that members of the media are all secret Weir fans out to get Evan...never mind then....

IceJunkie
04-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah, equating "sparkles" and shiny costumes isn't gay-bashing. That's another thing, I'm sick and tired of people equating all that glitters with being a red flag for being loud and proud. It might be a euphemism in Evan's dictionary, but we'll never know. He could be totally cool with gays, BUT, I do admit its fairly apparent he doesn't want to be mistaken for one.

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Ooohkay then......I didn't realize that members of the media are all secret Weir fans out to get Evan...never mind then....

Oh I'm sure you believe every twisted claim that's been made by fans about things Evan has said and done.

I'm not going to change your mind.

Andora
04-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, equating "sparkles" and shiny costumes isn't gay-bashing. That's another thing, I'm sick and tired of people equating all that glitters with being a red flag for being loud and proud. It might be a euphemism in Evan's dictionary, but we'll never know. He could be totally cool with gays, BUT, I do admit its fairly apparent he doesn't want to be mistaken for one.

Well, I have no idea how Evan/whoever meant whatever, but as for wild and sparkly costumes... there are straight European skaters who wear some outfits that would be considered ... vibrant by North American audiences. Like some of the things Robin Szolkowy has worn, or or Van Der Perren's costumes. Maybe Evan hates european skaters because they were so tough to beat. :P

Anyways, I wish Johnny would skate instead of talk, but then it is off season.

taylorfax
04-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Johnny addresses Evan's comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGdNmAsQ1A)

Lahv it. True definition of 'bitch it is ON!' *gets her popcorn*

kwanette
04-28-2010, 07:55 PM
I believe that SOI is kind of short regarding the lady skaters, that is why their titles do not seem to be so important, LOL.

There is a good explanation: In that time SOI did not hire eligible skaters as guest stars. Weir was skating in COI.

Johnny was National champ in 05. Michael Weiss guest starred in Philadelphia (at least) in 05.

azskatefan
04-28-2010, 08:08 PM
I think everyone forgets that touring is a privilege, not a right.

Also, the Wendy Williams interview just makes me believe more than Johnny had some diva issues going on that really prevented him from getting on the tour, not gay issues. He is seen as someone who is wonderful to fans -- I think he's the BEST -- but can be hard to work with professionally (ie; he shows up late, he makes special requests constantly). I know that as a FACT from reliable sources. Makes me think it just wasn't worth all the complaining SOI would have had to put up with if he was there. Now he's calling the star of SOI a slore, which is on the same level if not worse than saying someone isn't the best of the best athlete. Case and point.

Bostonfan
04-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Weiss didn't also skate with COI in 05. Johnny did.

Here's a breakdown of the SOI casts. With a few exceptions, the concept of eligible guest stars really didn't come into play until 2006. Weiss turned pro in 2006. Johnny was no where near ready to retire then.

http://www.kurtfiles.com/soi/history.php

tarotx
04-28-2010, 08:21 PM
JenRob is a 6 times Canadian National champion and, at the time she joined the tour, was the highest ranked Canadian lady doing pro events. The US and Canadian version usually share a small core cast.

In 2005 Micheal was thinking about joining SOI after the Olympics (which he didn't make) and he was tasting that or they were testing him out. Johnny didn't have to do guest appearances like SOI because he had COI at the time.

Andora
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
JenRob is a 6 times Canadian National champion and, at the time she joined the tour, was the highest ranked Canadian lady doing pro events. The US and Canadian version usually share a small core cast.

I'm a big fan of skating in Canada, but being the highest ranked Canadian lady was about par with Amber Corwin at times. I still don't understand how J.Ro made it to the US tour. I'm told she's entertaining, so there's that.

kwanette
04-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Weiss didn't also skate with COI in 05. Johnny did.

Here's a breakdown of the SOI casts. With a few exceptions, the concept of eligible guest stars really didn't come into play until 2006. Weiss turned pro in 2006. Johnny was no where near ready to retire then.

http://www.kurtfiles.com/soi/history.php

I'm confused about your point.

I was just making the point that Michael did skate on SOI while he was still eligible.

dbell1
04-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm a big fan of skating in Canada, but being the highest ranked Canadian lady was about par with Amber Corwin at times. I still don't understand how J.Ro made it to the US tour. I'm told she's entertaining, so there's that.

J. Ro showed up the year after Sarah Hughes did the 'star turn'. Hughes bragged in the media about them chasing her to appear, showed up out of 'skater shape', was unable to do any decent jumps (her best was a double) and totally sucked the night I saw her perform. YMMV - she may have done triple axels covering rink to rink in other cities. :lol: After that fiasco, J. Ro was a breath of fresh air.

Also Mike Weiss was really good the year I saw him too - a consumate showman.

As for Weir - he must be loving this. He's back in the news again. :blah: