PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

igniculus
04-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm surprised to see Evan lashed out, but I'm not surprised with the shit that gets thrown around by Johnny's supposed admirers who are so fcucked up about homosexuality they can't deal with Evan being who he is.

This is very much true. All the hatred and bashfest that has been going on on facebook groups and forums and blogs is one of the most fcuked-up thing I've seen in skating fandom. Folks who only learnt about Johnny via his series and instantly decleared themselves as HUGE fans are in these cases often the most vicious ones. :scream:

You know what? As a gay person I'm sick to death of Johnny's schtick. And when it started to include playing to talk show hosts who use titillating people over homosexuality to get an audience and make money, it really went too far for me.

I support anyone's right not to come out, but when you spend your time playing games over sexual orientation in order to further your career, so that it comes off as something that is appropriate for people to be voyeuristic about? Then you are hurting me and setting us all back.

I'm sick of it.

And I'm sick of the subset of Johnny fans and their homophobic comments about Evan.

So yeah, I'm feeling very, very uncomfortable that this is swirling around my favorite sport. Johnny needs to quit using sexual orientation as a come on and a thing to create interest in himself. Come out or don't. But quit playing along with the idea that homosexuality is a fun entertainment for straight people. :angryfire

:respec:

Plus the addition of "eligible skaters" to SOI is a recent trend just in the last 4 years. Johnny's titles came during a different time.

I think Johnny had some contractual obligatories towards Champions on Ice and not appeading in SOI too.

Can I ask what kind of homophobic comments are made about Evan from Johnny fans? lol

That he is faking all his heterosexual relationships, he gets constantly teased about how cheezy and embarrassing they are, that they are only to promote him/skating/heterosexual males in skating/whatever, that he is in reality a closeted gay skater, and many many more. You know, there is nothing wrong with some innocent snarkage, but many Johnny fans do get carried away a lot.

If Johnny made comments about Tanith being a beard, that's outrageous.

As far as I remember, he never said Tanith is a beard (that's what some of the fans claim). His wink and implication at that show that Evan might be gay, wasn't the nicest thing to do, though.

Nan
04-28-2010, 05:13 PM
I can't believe anyone thinks any of Johnny's comments measure up to what Evan said.

I'm just now reading some of Johnny's comments to Evan that are quite mean spirited. Evan seems to have been nice to him up until now.

Research is the key.

iarispiralllyof
04-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Truth. However I still think Evan's comments are on a different plane cos they're about Johnny's athletic talents, if anything though I now think it he was simply lashing back from all of Johnny's mean comments over the years

wow. I've posted in this topic way too many times

jlai
04-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Truth. However I still think Evan's comments are on a different plane cos they're about Johnny's athletic talents, if anything though I now think it he was simply lashing back from all of Johnny's mean comments over the years

See that's what I don't get. To me picking on someone is picking on someone, no matter what it's about. I don't get why it's "better" to take shots at someone's personal life or personality or behavior and "worse" to do so at someone's skating record. If anything, the skating is something people should stick to when they talk about athletes. That doesn't mean what Evan said is right, just that criticism is criticism no matter what it is about.

Just to show what a Weir defender said about Evan in the media:
Weir not good enough for Stars On ICe
http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/2010/04/28/evan-lysacek-johnnyweir-not-good-enough-for-stars-on-ice/

But I guess you wouldn’t know anything about that, since you’re straight as an arrow.
Note the italicizing.

dbell1
04-28-2010, 05:38 PM
SOI really can pick and choose who they want to hire. They need a cast that gets along (no more Tara type divas or Sarah and her 'starring role' while she could barely perform double jumps). As the years go by, and US Men's skating has become stronger, they've found great males for their cast. They've got Todd, Mike Weiss, they've got the reigning men's OGM, they've even got John Zimmerman. They don't need more male skaters.

Don't even get me started on the SOI females. :wall: I was there for the 4 years post Tara tours. :yikes:

Johnny's been a favorite of mine for years, but someone needs to tell him that not all publicity is GOOD publicity. He's doing himself no favors with the 'wink wink' interviews (which I saw) or the constant Evan bashing. Play the victim if you must, but don't get pissy when someone makes a rude comment back. Glass houses and all that.

God knows I'm not a Lysachek fan, but I admire him for the way he's dealt with the comments and don't blame the man for getting annoyed. He's got the OGM, the prime time role on TV, he stayed calm during the Plushy drama fest after the games, and he's STILL having to justify his spot on the tour to some shite stirring journalists. I'd get snappy too in his position.

jlai
04-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I don't like Evan's skating but there's no doubt in my mind he is the most emotionally mature of all eligible US male skaters.

sk9tingfan
04-28-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't like Evan's skating but there's no doubt in my mind he is the most emotionally mature of all eligible US male skaters.

Not always. I've personally witnessed some less than stellar/mature behavior on his part. It changed my opinion of him. I wasn't in love with any of the men's skaters at that time, but it put him on my less than enamored list. Evan is not and will never be an all or none proposition in the personality/reputation. That being said, I can give credit where credit is due and say that he works extremely hard and is the most consistent US men's skater.

While I know that Johnny has his faults and shortcomings, having spent some extended personal time with him, I can say that I like him far more than I did two years ago.

Sylvia
04-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Anyone catch Johnny on the Wendy Williams talk show today?
Just found the link: http://www.wendyshow.com/2010/04/28/johnny-weir-stars-on-ice/

jlai
04-28-2010, 06:11 PM
When I mean mature I also mean ability to handle pressure, turn things around when things go wrong, ability to keep things within your control under control, not being a mama's boy like some ppl his age and not getting freaked out easily, etc. It's the stuff that makes him successful.
Doesn't mean he's a saint though

shallwedansu
04-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Johnny addresses Evan's comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGdNmAsQ1A)

I didn't know what 'slore' meant so I searched on urban dictionary. Slore (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slore): Slut + whore. :rolleyes:

Jaana
04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Then I guess someone at SOI must had confused Alissa with someone else when they hired her as best of the best.

I find it interesting how in making his best of the best remark, Evan forgot how many times Johnny stood next to him on the podium and how many times Johnny stood on a higher step then Evan on the podium.

I believe that SOI is kind of short regarding the lady skaters, that is why their titles do not seem to be so important, LOL.

Anyway, when exactly has Weir stood above Lysacek or next to him in a major international competition?

I could care less about the true reason behind Johnny not being invited to Stars on Ice. What's certain is they didn't hire him even when he was national champion (and this is before all the media brouhaha about his fur wearing or low placements or anything).

There is a good explanation: In that time SOI did not hire eligible skaters as guest stars. Weir was skating in COI.

IceJunkie
04-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Could you ONLY imagine if the U.S. ladies were ever this bitchy (in public)? Calling each other slores on tv? :lol:

attyfan
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Could you ONLY imagine if the U.S. ladies were ever this bitchy (in public)? Calling each other slores on tv? :lol:

So, maybe Johnny should arrange to have Evan whacked (or vice versa)? Or, TPTB (who stand to profit the most) will whack one and frame the other?

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 06:41 PM

Thankfully they aren't.

I know I'm a stick in the mud and a bore, but god bless the Michelle Kwan school of public communication. :saint:

my little pony
04-28-2010, 06:56 PM
His malo (man halo) was the most interesting part. It was like a dowdy tiara.