PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

igniculus
04-28-2010, 06:31 AM
Well, I can understand the cast of SOI too. With all the media accusation of their sponsors with homophobia and such, they might have feared for their own jobs.

I also see some of the skaters being dissappointed in the way Johnny reacted, first fueling up the family friendly comments and laters taking a distance from them... :wall:

iarispiralllyof
04-28-2010, 06:37 AM
If I recall correctly Johnny didn't fire up the comments, it was the media. Johnny simply responded to the implication that he wasn't "family friendly" enough for them. And the big issue I have with Evan's interview is he basically said Johnny wasn't good enough. Way to bag a fellow athlete.

psycho
04-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Evan always comes off like a douche when he's "off the message". There is a reason he needs to stick to the script, people!:lol:
His comment on the judging system :lol::rolleyes::lol:
As for the SOI cast feeling "slighted": cry me a river, folks. They kept quiet to keep their jobs, but I bet some of them agree with GLAAD and Weir ;)...

Sally1214
04-28-2010, 07:17 AM
And, to think I was actually thinking about sort of warming up to Evan on DWTS. Well, that's out the window. A huge BOO to Evan re his comments regarding Johnny. Evan, you really don't know when to keep your mouth shut ... just when I was thinking you might be okay after all. Well.... no ... just NO.

moby23c
04-28-2010, 07:44 AM
evan just sounds like he's gunning for a lifetime membership in the cast of SOI. he's always been so staunchly pro-conformity, so this really isn't a big surprise. blech.

IceJunkie
04-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Emily Hughes and Denney/Barrett aren't exactly the most decorated skaters ever. Evan's argument doesn't hold up, IMO and makes him sound kind of douchy, but Johnny had it coming with all the sh!t he talked about Evan.

Jaana
04-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Good for Evan to comment straight to this matter! He is as much entitled to his opinion as Weir. And Weir has been whining a lot about various matters (his 6th place at Olympics and for SOI not hiring him) and Weir started the "not family friendly" agenda and had to draw back later, which was really funny....

And Evan is right, SOI basically hires skaters who have an impressive title or more titles. Being a current US National champion is an impressive title, too.

Quintuple
04-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Excerpt from the "Flying Over the Ice" (http://yellapalooza.com/feature/sarah/johnny_part1.html) - an unpublished children’s book about Johnny by Sarah Brannen :)

Aack! That doesn't read like children's book style at all! Not good!

IceJunkie
04-28-2010, 08:59 AM
I think its good so far. Kinda reminds me of the style used in the Michelle/Sasha biographies, it's aimed more for the 8-13 year old kids. An older children's book.

kwanette
04-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Good for Evan to comment straight to this matter! He is as much entitled to his opinion as Weir. And Weir has been whining a lot about various matters (his 6th place at Olympics and for SOI not hiring him) and Weir started the "not family friendly" agenda and had to draw back later, which was really funny....

And Evan is right, SOI basically hires skaters who have an impressive title or more titles. Being a current US National champion is an impressive title, too.

I agree that both Johnny and Evan have a right to their opinions.I love both of them...

That said, "the best of the best" is a little far-fetched...Alissa? Emily? Ashley? Mark and Amanda? (That's not taking anything away from any of those skaters..I like them...BUT...)

OTOH, Johnny's there can't be two skaters from the same country on the OLY podium....was certainly fallacious..

So...I will continue liking both of them..

kwanette
04-28-2010, 10:55 AM
P.S. I know some people who didn't even know who Johnny was before the Olympics and now they are HUGE fans...:slinkaway

Me, too, Sparks..A lot of my once every 4 yr skating friends fell in love with Johnny and now follow his every move, interviews and the like.(same with Evan..)

judiz
04-28-2010, 11:17 AM
And Evan is right, SOI basically hires skaters who have an impressive title or more titles.

Then I guess someone at SOI must had confused Alissa with someone else when they hired her as best of the best.

I find it interesting how in making his best of the best remark, Evan forgot how many times Johnny stood next to him on the podium and how many times Johnny stood on a higher step then Evan on the podium.

taylorfax
04-28-2010, 12:59 PM
lol I feel like Janice Dickinson: 'Zip it, Lysacek, you're dead to me.'

jlai
04-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Johnny had it coming

Yup, what's sauce for the goose...

That said, "the best of the best" is a little far-fetched...Alissa? Emily? Ashley? Mark and Amanda? (That's not taking anything away from any of those skaters..I like them...BUT...)

OTOH, Johnny's there can't be two skaters from the same country on the OLY podium....was certainly fallacious..

ITA

REO
04-28-2010, 02:19 PM
No that was a lousy thing to say. Johnny has never put down another skaters abilities. Even his comments about Evan have not been that he didn't deserve his titles. I agree with the people who said Evan is a douche. His argument is stupid because SOI hires people with far less success than Johnny. Lysacek is a party man and he always will be. I think that is probably a huge part of Johnny's problem with him. He is a corporate shill and suck up. You lost my vote Mr Ass-staire.