PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Prancer
04-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Ah, a book of essays sounds much better! But I wonder if it's just his web journals in some cases?

Might be, or might be that his web journals will be used as the basis of some entries. That wouldn't be at all unusual.

But I think a collection of essays will work a whole lot better for Johnny than a regular book; small, contained subjects are always easier to deal with.

Gallery is a combination of what used to be Pocket Books and Simon Spotlight Entertainment, and I think that will be a good match for him, too; SSE handled a lot of celebrity authors and specialized in pop culture books, which is right up Johnny's alley.

Now all he needs is a good editor and he will be all set.

HisWeirness
04-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Based on an interview, Johnny is also working on releasing a song (http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/exclusive-johnny-weir-launches-music-career-1548847.story#wallState=3__/music/exclusive-johnny-weir-launches-music-career-1548847.story)...titled "Dirty Love"

Wonderwall: We heard you're working on your first single, is that true?
Johnny Weir: Yes. I'm working with Lucian Piane [known online as RevoLucian]. He's RuPaul's producer. He put together a song for me called "Dirty Love," after he saw me skate in the Olympics. So I'm going to be singing this song "Dirty Love." We're currently going over some lyrics and fixing things up a bit and after everything's finished in May I'm actually going back out to L.A. and starting to record it.

and about the upcoming book:

Wonderwall: Can you share an example of something in your upcoming memoir that wasn't covered in the press?
JW: Well, the book is going to be about me and my story and how I got to where I am. I'm going to deal with some of my past relationships, sexual and not. I'm going to talk about the politics and the behind-the-scenes dealings of figure skating which, even though people donąt necessarily think of it when they're watching figure skating, it's definitely there. Because of politics I wasn't an Olympic medalist so there's a lot that I have to talk about.
:shuffle: ok, now I am thinking about a Johnny/Eman duet...and doesn't Elvis sing too??? :lol:

aliona22
04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
RevoLucian is the producer that made the Christian Bale "Bale Out" remix after he freaked out on set last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

psycho
04-23-2010, 10:13 PM
:shuffle: ok, now I am thinking about a Johnny/Eman duet...and doesn't Elvis sing too??? :lol:

Don't forget Yagudin and Slutskaya too. And Stephane. And Yu-Na. It'll be a boy/girl band.:lol:

Seriously, though, I love Johnny, but him singing is like the worst idea ever. :lol:However, I am pretty sure he's not doing this as a serious venture into music, but for shits and giggles, and thus, the potential for hilarity is vast (as long as there isn't too much second-hand embarrassment) :D

igniculus
04-23-2010, 10:29 PM
WHAT?

Okay, I dunno what to take seriously now.

:eek: -> :rofl: -> :confused: -> :duh:

LadyNit
04-23-2010, 10:42 PM
RevoLucian is the producer that made the Christian Bale "Bale Out" remix after he freaked out on set last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

Wheeee! With RevoLucian producing, the possibilities for JWe's song are endless. Johnny could soliloquize on just about anything. He doesn't even have to carry a tune. :biggrinbo

taylorfax
04-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Seriously, though, I love Johnny, but him singing is like the worst idea ever. :lol:However, I am pretty sure he's not doing this as a serious venture into music, but for shits and giggles, and thus, the potential for hilarity is vast (as long as there isn't too much second-hand embarrassment) :D
Yap, pretty sure he knows it himself. But... I cannot stop laughing at this, seriously! My cheeks hurt from smiling at this point. He's so crazy. :rofl:

allezfred
04-23-2010, 10:54 PM
JWe for Eurovision 2011! :cheer2:

jlai
04-24-2010, 01:56 AM
At this rate, perhaps I have a shot at American Idol. :lol:

REO
04-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Wheeee! With RevoLucian producing, the possibilities for JWe's song are endless. Johnny could soliloquize on just about anything. He doesn't even have to carry a tune. :biggrinbo

which he does about 75 % of the time only. lol

azskatefan
04-24-2010, 03:49 AM
I'm sorry but some of these decisions are just going to make him a mockery. It's one thing to write a book and host things but if you have no musical talent, which he admits he doesn't, I think making a single is just a poor choice. Come on Johnny and company. Be SMART now and you will be able to rely on that later. Taking anything that comes your way, which to me, as an outsider, appears to be the case, and you end up looking cheap and stupid.

igniculus
04-24-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm sorry but some of these decisions are just going to make him a mockery. It's one thing to write a book and host things but if you have no musical talent, which he admits he doesn't, I think making a single is just a poor choice. Come on Johnny and company. Be SMART now and you will be able to rely on that later. Taking anything that comes your way, which to me, as an outsider, appears to be the case, and you end up looking cheap and stupid.

I actually have the same concerns. :(

It all seems Team Johnny only wants to use the advantage of his already large (and growing) fanbase to :bribe: because they know the fans will watch/buy/listen to anything that has a connection to Johnny. And that's not cool at all.

Imho, if he wished to end his carrier on a high note, this was not the way it should have been done.

caseyedwards
04-24-2010, 08:01 AM
He could auto tune himself and have it be a duet. If he can't sing they could make his voice sound passable. He could hire T-Pain! It could be great-no doubt about it!!

Jaana
04-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Because of politics I wasn't an Olympic medalist so there's a lot that I have to talk about.

I would say that Weir was not an Olympic medalist, because he did not have a proper CoP freeskate programme, which would have brought a lot more PCS... I´m sure that was not the way David Wilson actually created Weir´s choreography, it must have been watered down A LOT :lol::lol::lol: My opinion is that Weir is not an Olympic medalist because he just is unable to skate to a CoP programme!!! Why else would a good CoP choreography (one gets that kind from David Wilson!!!) be watered down by his coaches?

mmscfdcsu
04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
I actually have the same concerns. :(

It all seems Team Johnny only wants to use the advantage of his already large (and growing) fanbase to :bribe: because they know the fans will watch/buy/listen to anything that has a connection to Johnny. And that's not cool at all.

Imho, if he wished to end his carrier on a high note, this was not the way it should have been done.

ITA. I can't watch any more. It is very sad. :( He had so much talent and he is doing nothing to develop it. He seems to want to be the King of Mediocrity, or king of the Losers. Is nobody near him giving him any wise advice, or does he just refuse to listen? :wall: :(