PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

libby
04-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Johnny thinks I want to buy a book about his sex life??? REALLY?

Uh, no! Skating maybe. His sexual history. Johnny, that's not good. Didn't anyone tell you not to kiss and tell?
(Hopefully he didn't mean 'abuse' or something but "sexual history" doesn't say that to me)

I doubt Johnny is actually giving any thought at all to what you want to buy.

So many people have criticized and attacked Johnny very heavily for years for not publicly discussing his sexual orientation. He now says he will discuss it in his book, and people declare that means he is going to "out" other people and nobody wants to hear about his sex life.

There is just no way for anybody to win in the game of "to tell or not to tell", apparently.

agalisgv
04-16-2010, 08:02 PM
I really doubt Johnny's going to be randomly outing people. If nothing else, I suspect the publisher's legal team would put a stop to that pretty quickly. Why?

If it's true, there's no legal issue. The only issue I believe is if it isn't true.

I'm not saying outing people is a nice thing to do--only that it's doubtful one has a legal case if the outing is truthful.

LadyNit
04-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I suppose that JWe's book will be peppered with coy tidbits about his sex life that may put an end to speculation about his sexual preferences. That's about as much info as I can stand on the subject. :yawn:

And since he's writing the book "to control the message" himself, I'm sure it will all be as flattering to himself as possible. I expect the content to resemble the recent press release about his charity work: contrasting JWe's 'noble' personal life with that of lesser mortals he's encountered, flavored with liberal dashes of 'JWe the victim.'

In my case, his show's tag line, "You either love him or you hate him" is true, but so confusing. I actually LOVE the Johnny who showed up to do Worlds commentary on Universal Sports. For the most part, he was delightful. :cool: But I frequently dislike (HATE is too strong a word) the Johnny that shows up on various talk shows to promote his own agenda / career. I don't like it when he blames his own failures or less than desired outcomes on the actions of others (individuals and organizations), instead of looking at his own actions and choices and taking more responsibility himself. :(

judiz
04-16-2010, 10:50 PM
I would imagine Johnny would not use real names when speaking about whom he slept with under the advice of his lawyer.

RockTheTassel
04-16-2010, 11:08 PM
In my case, his show's tag line, "You either love him or you hate him" is true, but so confusing. I actually LOVE the Johnny who showed up to do Worlds commentary on Universal Sports. For the most part, he was delightful. :cool: But I frequently dislike (HATE is too strong a word) the Johnny that shows up on various talk shows to promote his own agenda / career. I don't like it when he blames his own failures or less than desired outcomes on the actions of others (individuals and organizations), instead of looking at his own actions and choices and taking more responsibility himself. :(

Exactly. You put it perfectly. For the most part, I adore Johnny, but I can't stand the moments when he acts like an arrogant little twit. Sometimes being a fan of his is just :wall:

In order for the book to be taken seriously (or as seriously as Johnny-related things go) and have any credibility, owning up to his own mistakes and shortcomings is vital. Pointing out the dirty secrets of the skating world while pretending to be a saint (or should I say angel?) just doesn't cut it. I hope he understands this when working on the book. On the surface, he may not admit to mistakes, but he might once he really does reflect on his skating career. Let's hope so. I believe his book has the potential to be quite fascinating if done correctly.

jlai
04-16-2010, 11:10 PM

YOu've summed up my feelings for me. Thank you. :respec:

DanRad
04-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Possible title of his book:
Burning Bridges
About Evan, oops I mean...
According To ME
[no title but a head-shot picture of Weir with a wicked wink]

psycho
04-16-2010, 11:47 PM
When has Weir ever portrayed himself as an angel or not recognized his shortcomings? I feel like I live in the alternate universe from some folks here...:shuffle:

RockTheTassel
04-16-2010, 11:52 PM
When has Weir ever portrayed himself as an angel or not recognized his shortcomings? I feel like I live in the alternate universe from some folks here...:shuffle:

The angel comment in my post was a joke, referring to his program "Fallen Angel" and also his fans. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. :rolleyes:

As far as your other confusion... I don't even know where to begin.

REO
04-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Geez the book isn't even written yet and the reviews are in! lmao

psycho
04-16-2010, 11:55 PM
The angel comment in my post was a joke, referring to his program "Fallen Angel" and also his fans. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. :rolleyes:

As far as your other confusion... I don't even know where to begin.

Never mind then. :rolleyes:I am sorry I asked...

Geez the book isn't even written yet and the reviews are in! lmao

:lol::lol::lol: Isn't that how it always is though....:D

taylorfax
04-16-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm totally with you there.

psycho
04-16-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm totally with you there.

:D:D:D

RockTheTassel
04-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Never mind then. :rolleyes:I am sorry I asked...

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off so annoyed, I just thought it was clear.

jlai
04-17-2010, 12:10 AM

Recognizing a shortcoming is different from taking full ownership of one's career.

I seem to remember a Frank Carroll interview where he said when he was young he was a little whiny and complained about how he didn't win because he came from a certain skating club, but he got chided for such whiny sentiments. He now teaches that lesson of ownership to his skaters.
I wish he had coached Weir. :(