PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

meggonzo
04-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Probably not very shocking and just fine. He's not positioning it that way though. We'll see...

I haven't seen anything new that says what he would include in the book, just that he had meetings. Do you know something we don't?

Willowway
04-07-2010, 01:17 AM
No, I haven't seen anything that everyone hasn't seen. I thought he (and some of his fans repeating it) was talking about it, earlier, as a "tell all" kind of thing - even in this thread people are saying bring on the gossip! He has been mentioning this idea of a book for a while though the "shopping" comment just came up. As I said earlier, maybe he knows better than to do that, the gossip thing.

mmscfdcsu
04-07-2010, 01:23 AM
He did talk about it before. I'm not going to buy it. I haven't read any interesting book written by a skater, other than "Zero Tollerance" by Toller Cranston. That had lots of gossip and was kind of interesting. It also was written when Toller had enough perspective to begin looking at his life objectively. IMO, the last thing that the world needs is anything autobiographical written by a 25 year old kid. I think that Johnny is just whoring out and trying to stay in the limelight for as long as possible. So sad.

tangerine_dream
04-07-2010, 01:31 AM
I have to admit that "Weir" and "unflappable" are words I didn't expect to see together in a news headline. . .

And yes, Johnny, please ditch the Bump-Its/pompadour look. It's positively dreadful.

Johnny's always had a gorgeous face with to-die-for skin but he's never had anything short of terrible hair. It's ALWAYS terrible.

Though this look is not *much* better, dare I say I think it's the only one I've ever seen from him that I find "decent". At least it has *a* style to it. Kind of suits him, too.

nubka
04-07-2010, 01:33 AM
I have no sources, but my guess is that Johnny will come up with his own tour or show. Steve Disson would be smart (and he usually is) to latch onto the idea, and let Johnny do it. It could be a Gaga on Ice or Johnny and Friends... something like that. I fully expect it. Can you imagine the roster? Kim Yuna, Mao Asada, Evgeny Plushenko, Irina Slutskaia, Ksenia Makarova, Tanith & Ben, Adam Rippon, etc. It has amazing potential!

I would be willing to pay a LOT of money for a ticket to that show! :):)

shallwedansu
04-07-2010, 01:46 AM
I have no sources, but my guess is that Johnny will come up with his own tour or show. Steve Disson would be smart (and he usually is) to latch onto the idea, and let Johnny do it. It could be a Gaga on Ice or Johnny and Friends... something like that. I fully expect it. Can you imagine the roster? Kim Yuna, Mao Asada, Evgeny Plushenko, Irina Slutskaia, Ksenia Makarova, Tanith & Ben, Adam Rippon, etc. It has amazing potential!
According to Johnny, his idea would be to have only a handful of his favorite skaters.

"I'm trying to produce my own skating show ... but more like a spectacular, with five or six of the best skaters that I love and Lady Gaga and Elton John performing," he said. "How amazing would that be?!" We didn't bother to answer that highly rhetorical question and instead pressed Johnny for important details, like when can we get tickets? "I want it at Madison Square Garden so we need sponsors," he said. "As long as people get behind my idea, we'll be able to visualize what I want and get that support."

Johnny Weir Doesn’t Watch Evan Lysacek on Dancing With the Stars (http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/04/johnny_weird_doesnt_watch_evan.html)

Rottie
04-07-2010, 01:52 AM
Johnny could always write a thinly veiled novel/mystery/whatever and have us guessing who the characters were in real life.

Oh wow -- I'm flashing back to Jackie Collins' Hollywood Wives! Actually a really good read, as I remember it, and deliciously trashy and fun to speculate about.

mmscfdcsu
04-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Johnny Weir Doesn’t Watch Evan Lysacek on Dancing With the Stars (http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/04/johnny_weird_doesnt_watch_evan.html)

http://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir

Holley Calmes
04-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Oh wow -- I'm flashing back to Jackie Collins' Hollywood Wives! Actually a really good read, as I remember it, and deliciously trashy and fun to speculate about.

Or for us oldie mouldies, Truman Capote's "Answered Prayers." I think that was the name of it....anyway, I can see Johnny and Truman as being soul brothers with Jackie their soul sister....fun!

Wyliefan
04-07-2010, 02:24 AM
I think I'd have more respect for Johnny if he'd drop the winks and nudges and sweet little jabs and just announce, "You know what, I hate Evan's guts." At least it'd be something straightforward for a change.

Prancer
04-07-2010, 02:37 AM
Or for us oldie mouldies, Truman Capote's "Answered Prayers." I think that was the name of it....anyway, I can see Johnny and Truman as being soul brothers with Jackie their soul sister....fun!

Yes, but look what happened to Truman when he published just four chapters of that book in Esquire--he made himself a social pariah and was spurned by many of his friends.

libby
04-07-2010, 02:42 AM
I think I'd have more respect for Johnny if he'd drop the winks and nudges and sweet little jabs and just announce, "You know what, I hate Evan's guts." At least it'd be something straightforward for a change.

But then you'd say what a jealous, unprofessional brat he is for dissing Evan. So he couldn't win either way - he gets asked about his feelings toward Evan all the time. If he is diplomatic and compliments Evan, he's a fake, but if he doesn't, then he's a jerk.

Wyliefan
04-07-2010, 02:47 AM
But then you'd say what a jealous, unprofessional brat he is for dissing Evan.

Turning mind reader, are we? :) Maybe I would have years ago, before all this crap started. But at this point, it'd be a relief.

libby
04-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Turning mind reader, are we? :) Maybe I would have years ago, before all this crap started. But at this point, it'd be a relief.

Nope, just going from your posts. There weren't any "jabs" at Evan in that New Yorker article at all - Johnny basically said just what Evan says when asked about Johnny, that they don't know each other that well and are competitors. He also added that Evan "deserved that Olympic gold medal", is a "fine" person and worked hard. From that, you say you'd respect him more if he just came out and said he hates Evan's guts instead of making these little jabs. It seems like he can't win no matter how he answers the Evan question.

azskatefan
04-07-2010, 03:03 AM
I wouldn't mind reading a book from Johnny but I'd appreciate it more if he is honest about himself, rather than just "honest" about others. Bashing might be entertaining but it'd really kill his career in skating endeavors I think.