PDA

View Full Version : Latest Johnny Weir news & quotes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

agalisgv
04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Will it? When was the last time we saw Jon Gosselin's name in a headline? To be fair, Jon was reined in by TLC for breach of contract. So he can't do the appearances he once did.

I believe if TLC hadn't done that, Jon would still be making headlines today (and not in a good way).

Wyliefan
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM
True; I'd forgotten about that.

RebeccaCP
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Will it? When was the last time we saw Jon Gosselin's name in a headline?

This afternoon at People Magazine's site, actually. Freakin' idiot's lawyer is threatening to sue Kate for primary custody, reduction in alimony, etc.

Topic: I too am curious as to the contents. If he lets it ALL out, I'd think he might be a person non grata in the skating community. If he wants out of skating (at least depending on it for his income), he'd have to go big or go home.

I'm not sure what it says about me that I'd buy it. I admit that I do love skate world gossip, etc. :shuffle:

TalentedButHumble
04-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Dear World,
"Shopping a book" is a long ways from "Published Book."
Sincerely yours,
Reality

Wyliefan
04-06-2010, 10:42 PM
This afternoon at People Magazine's site, actually. Freakin' idiot's lawyer is threatening to sue Kate for primary custody, reduction in alimony, etc.

I wonder what he'd do if she said, "Sure, fine, take all eight of 'em." :lol:

LuckyCharm
04-06-2010, 10:47 PM
I wonder what he'd do if she said, "Sure, fine, take all eight of 'em." :lol:

:lol:That's always my advice to women whose exes threaten that.

overedge
04-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Dear World,
Sincerely yours,
Reality

PS: Not to mention that it's practically de rigeur for every aspiring "famous for being famous" celebrity to shop a book proposal, regardless of whether they can actually write (or might be able to work with a writer).

RebeccaCP
04-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Dear World,
Sincerely yours,
Reality

"Shopping a book" at least sounds more proactive than "I'd love to write a book."

How many steps between shopping and publishing, provided a publisher does have interest? Just curious as to the probability of not getting published at various stages of the process.

Willowway
04-06-2010, 11:02 PM
I agree that shopping a book isn't anywhere near publication. But I have to wonder about what kind of possible (only possible) self-destruct mission he is on. If he writes about the issues around ISU and the USFSA - all fine and good. A little fluff around the skating community too - great. The organizations are all certainly opened for some criticism and Johnny knows the ins and outs.

But if it's taking real serious jabs at individuals for the fun of gossip...in all seriousness, no one ever again trusts someone who does something like that. Steve Disson, Yu-na Kim and her management, etc. etc. would want nothing to do with him. And then, and this has been seen over and over again, the only people who welcome you in are those celebrity-seeking folks who are equally not untrustworthy because they see everyone as game for nastiness and a wise-#ss approach.

I think he'd be doing himself a karmic disservice and could pay the price for a lifetime (or two!). I know that's taking it awfully seriously but trashing other people in public (if that's what he intends to do and I don't know that but people keep calling it a "tell all") is pretty serious stuff in terms of life values. I hope that's not where he's going because his world and his opportunities would just get narrower and narrower, and less attractive and less attractive. It's a slippery slope and I hope he's smarter than all that.

Willowway

Jayar
04-06-2010, 11:11 PM
It could be that he is just going to write a book about himself. How shocking would that be?

Willowway
04-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Probably not very shocking and just fine. He's not positioning it that way though. We'll see...

overedge
04-06-2010, 11:14 PM
"Shopping a book" at least sounds more proactive than "I'd love to write a book."

True, although some aspiring authors think that telling a publisher "I'd love to write a book" is the same as "shopping a book" (i.e. you should agree to have me write a book simply because, well, it's me). Most publishers want to see a little more evidence that there's actually a product to be had and/or that there's a reasonable possibility that the product is going to be produced, and/or that the product will be successful $$$ for them.

Here's some excerpts from a rather extreme and profane celebrity book proposal (from someone with a lot to say about his former industry):

http://www.deadline.com/2009/05/it-should-be-called-dickhead-jon-peters-book-proposal-sets-new-low/

How many steps between shopping and publishing, provided a publisher does have interest? Just curious as to the probability of not getting published at various stages of the process.

- mutual agreement on what the book contains (this can take a long time, and the whole deal might fall apart at this early stage because the proposer might insist on doing the book his/her way, and the publisher doesn't think that's going to work commercially)

- negotiations over contract (e.g. delivery dates for manuscript, responsibility for costs (especially if a ghostwriter is involved), royalty rates, publication date, author's commitment to publicity campaign)

- actual production of book (manuscript production, typesetting, design, cover art)

- publishing

Willowway
04-06-2010, 11:17 PM
And let's not forget that somebody (ghost or someone) has to actually write it. No little job.

barbk
04-06-2010, 11:22 PM
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/04/johnny_weird_doesnt_watch_evan.html

Holley Calmes
04-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Johnny could always write a thinly veiled novel/mystery/whatever and have us guessing who the characters were in real life. He could kill off everyone he didn't like. Of course, I think you can get sued for this, but I'm not sure. I think there's some legal jargon you can use in a preface saying "any resemblance to anyone living or dead is not true!" Something like that. This would be even more fun than a "gossip" book because he could write all the real truth and not leave anything out from fear of retribution. Or not. I'd buy it! Heck, I'll buy any book Johnny puts out. In hardback.