PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Couples: Season 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Nan
02-10-2010, 07:56 PM
There are quite a few contestants I like on the show this season. I really like both of the men on the gray team and I do like Cheryl but there is something that draws me to Stephanie. I don't think she was noticed while her mother was there and then she was kind of all alone but she just keeps plugging away, not drawing too much attention to herself.

genevieve
02-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I like Daris and his mom a lot, Sam and Koli, Sunshine and O'Neal, Michael, agree that Miggy is doing much better without her daughter. I'm having a hard time remembering some of the others though. Pink team I can do without. They're not mean or awful, just kind of boring.

Allen
02-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I like Daris and his mom a lot, Sam and Koli, Sunshine and O'Neal, Michael, agree that Miggy is doing much better without her daughter. I'm having a hard time remembering some of the others though. Pink team I can do without. They're not mean or awful, just kind of boring.

Ashley from the pink team is a really good friend of mine and she is so not boring in real life, but is kind of coming off a little bland on camera, which really surprises me.

jamesy
02-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Pink team I can do without. They're not mean or awful, just kind of boring.
I'm sure it's mostly due to them being a blonde mother/daughter pink team, but so far they are just Helen/Flower Power v2.0 to me.

GaPeach
02-10-2010, 10:00 PM
There are quite a few contestants I like on the show this season. I really like both of the men on the gray team and I do like Cheryl but there is something that draws me to Stephanie. I don't think she was noticed while her mother was there and then she was kind of all alone but she just keeps plugging away, not drawing too much attention to herself.

She is one of my favorites.

I'm so glad Ms. Red is gone. Next, Mr.Red pleeease!

AragornElessar
02-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Ashley from the pink team is a really good friend of mine and she is so not boring in real life, but is kind of coming off a little bland on camera, which really surprises me.

I think it's more than likely the edit they're getting. Not only that, but they haven't been part of any real Drama yet. Sure they won that one challenge to determine Student Teacher Week, but other than that, they have been in the background more than any other team so far this season.

Which is odd to me, because I really do get "the bubbly vibe" from Ashley. Maybe as the Season goes on that'll change?

I also like Michael, Sam, Koli, O'Neal, Sunshine and Stephanie. Like someone else has said, there's just something about Stephanie that's just blossomed in the last couple of weeks. She also seems like a really nice person too. Loved how she helped out and cheered on Sunshine last week during that run on the Treadmill.

You know, I can see her ending up becoming one of the Contestants that becomes a Trainer afterwards. Just from things I've seen the last two weeks...Can't explain it, but I have a feeling she's one of those people that was meant to help out other people. Hope that makes sense.

Oh and remember Curtis Stone showing the Teachers how to make that Chicken Caccatore a couple of weeks ago? I went and printed out the recipe and...Oooooh la la that thing is soooo yummy!! Highly reccomend it!! :D

genevieve
02-10-2010, 11:58 PM

I'm sure it's mostly due to them being a blonde mother/daughter pink team, but so far they are just Helen/Flower Power v2.0 to me.

I think the comparison to Helen and her daughter is def. part of the problem - if they weren't in pink shirts it might help. Editing overall is a bit odd this season. There are still a LOT of people that I can barely remember from week to week - Darrell and his daughter - I can't remember her name or what she looks like. Stephanie I finally remember but don't know who her partner was who's now gone. Was it her mom? I feel like there's a smaller group of strong personalities than usual that have gotten most of the camera time and the rest of them just show up occasionally for weigh in :lol: maybe now that Melissa is gone we'll get to see some of the other folks.

sk8pics
02-11-2010, 12:09 AM
I was laughing at Bob talking about how Rockne was initially afraid to really push the contestants hard. But then Rockne seemed to really get into his version of the last chance workout!

And yes, i was so happy that she-Red went home!

Rob
02-11-2010, 03:16 PM

They seem perfectly nice, but yes, they are coming off a little bland. Same with black team. Maybe its editing. Or maybe it is because they just don't have as many drama moments like Koli, Michael, Miggy, Red team, etc. -- this would make me like them better in real life, but it doesn't make as many TV moments for them.

Yes, Stephanie is very motivated - I liked when she was egging all the women on to complete the run Jillian assigned and being particularly nice to Sunshine when she got back. She and Darus are flying under the radar right now. Now that they have identified Darus as leading by % of weight lost, I wonder if the game playing will start. So far, the only obvious player was Ms. Red. It seemed like Pink was willing to play early on, but then they backed off.

FiveRinger
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I think the pink team may have a little bit of competitive spark. After all, they did win the teacher/student challenge. But, as soon as they one, one of them commented that they didn't want/like the pressure of having to make decisions.

Whoever made the comment that this group of people is nice was right. Plus, the nature of the show makes you root for your competitors as much as your self. The end goal for most is to lose weight. Winning the game is an added bonus.

Fridge_Break
03-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Digging this thread out... did anyone watch tonight? Quite an impressive underdog victory!

my little pony
03-03-2010, 05:09 AM
are the grey team and Michael still there?

Nan
03-03-2010, 05:14 AM
Teams are split into blue and black now. The former grey team is split. Some interesting game-play going on.

Fridge_Break
03-03-2010, 05:20 AM
are the grey team and Michael still there?

Yes to both. Here's a quick recap of the show if anyone missed it:

They started the episode with the cliffhanger from a few weeks ago (before the Olympics) between Cheryl and Darrell. Cheryl won after about 9 minutes or so and Darrell was sent home. The teams then were told they would be split into blue & black and there would be a temptation game to determine who would get to pick the teams. Only Andrea and Michael participated and it was a memory match game. Each time they didn't make a match, they had to eat a cookie that had 100 calories. If they matched up food, the other person had to eat it (cakes, pastries, chocolate, etc). In the end both had eaten over 2000 calories before Michael matched up the "Choose Teams" cards.

He decided to stack the teams so that all of the strong people who can pull big numbers were on one team, and all the 'weak' people were on the other. He chose to give O'Neal immunity, and he would join the losing team after this week's elimination.

Teams are as follows:
Blue team (working with Bob): Michael, Koli, Miggy, Sunshine, Lance, and Daris
Black team (working with Jillian): Sam, Stephanie, Cheryl, Sherry, Ashley, and Andrea

The black team barely squeaked out the weigh in victory, even though everyone believed the blue team would. Michael won immunity because he lost the highest percentage among his team. The vote boiled down to Lance and Miggy for who to vote out because they both pulled low numbers this week (-5 for Lance, -4 for Miggy), and Miggy was ultimately sent home. Next week, O'Neal joins the blue team.

harekrishna43
03-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Digging this thread out... did anyone watch tonight? Quite an impressive underdog victory!

I couldn't watch tonight - it seemed to be endless commercials - eventually I switched over to American Idol during the breaks and every time I checked back at Biggest Loser, it was another commercial. If they have to show that many ads during a 2 hour show, then the show needs to be one hour or 90 minutes at most.

Thanks for the update though - I'll try to watch again next week but if it's the same amount of commercials, I'm giving up.