PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Couples: Season 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21

Freespirit
05-25-2010, 10:51 PM
I am guessing your remarks, Aragorn, are directed at me since I spelled "Daris's" name Darius. I lost 75 pounds five years ago and couldn't have done it with distractions. After I lost it, I've kept it off and back to my normal routine. I still say, "Good for Koli for keeping his eye on the prize, and I don't mean the money!" Different stategies work for different folks. Plenty of time to keep it real after the weight is off.

genevieve
05-25-2010, 11:18 PM
I will agree with others that I think Koli is thinking too much about winning and not enough about the long-term, but you are right that different strategies work for different people. Perhaps this is what will ultimately work for him.

And congratulations on your success, Freespirit! :cheer2:

AragornElessar
05-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Based on this blog pic (http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/the-biggest-loser-whos-it-going-to-be.html) they all look great.

That picture's from just before the Marathon started judging on what Alison's wearing there. Not that they don't look amazing in that picture, but I'm betting we'll see even more of a change tonight. :)

Fridge_Break
05-25-2010, 11:59 PM
There's a few recent pictures of Koli over in the BL thread on Survivor Sucks... I'll put in spoiler tags in case no one wants to know anything about how the finalists look today... Koli looks really skinny, although.. IMO kind of unhealthy. Similar to how Tracy looked thin but unhealthy at last season's finale. Might just be the pictures, but that was the impression I got.

Will it be Koli or Daris making the Final Three? How does Michael and Ashley look? How did Shay do w/her Challenge and the same w/Erik? Who will win that At Home Prize?

I'm going to take a stab at these... pure speculation on my part and just guessing from what we've seen this season.

Final 3: Daris
Michael & Ashley: I think both will look fantastic. They both did really well at home for the first month they were there, and both were noticeably thinner when they came back for the final weigh-in.
Shay: I'm going to guess she'll be down between 60-80lbs from her previous weight (304lbs). She seemed very motivated at the end of last season.
Erik: I don't think he'll be down too much. We saw him earlier in the season and he didn't look like he'd lost much.
At home prize: I'm going to guess either Sherry or Sunshine (or Koli if he's not in the final 3).

GaPeach
05-26-2010, 12:29 AM
At home prize: I'm going to guess either Sherry or Sunshine (or Koli if he's not in the final 3).

I was thinking it will be Cherita, she never spend one day on the ranch and looked amazing!

Jayar
05-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Erik: I don't think he'll be down too much. We saw him earlier in the season and he didn't look like he'd lost much.

I don't have a spoiler, but Erik never started until December. There was a thread on Sucks, I think, that detailed how his wife was fed up with him, and he was binging through the holidays. I believe it ended up that TBL intervened, and sent him to the Loser Ranch in Utah. He has had almost 5 months... probably down 100 lbs.

oleada
05-26-2010, 01:43 AM
I can't watch tonight - who's the third finalist?

GaPeach
05-26-2010, 01:45 AM
I can't watch tonight - who's the third finalist?

Daris!!!!! Wheeeee!!!!

agalisgv
05-26-2010, 02:07 AM
I just missed Sherry's weigh-in--how much does she weigh now?

GaPeach
05-26-2010, 02:13 AM
I just missed Sherry's weigh-in--how much does she weigh now?

119 pounds--she lost 99 pounds.

agalisgv
05-26-2010, 02:17 AM
wow!

AragornElessar
05-26-2010, 03:03 AM
YES!!!!!

So happy for Mike!!! :D :D :D

agalisgv
05-26-2010, 03:03 AM
That was a great finale. Kudos to Michael for losing so much! Ashley was right up there too as was Daris.

And Koli blew everyone away for the runner-up prize.

AragornElessar
05-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Inbetween my workout (going from the bike to the eliptical) and bopped in to see if there was anymore reaction.

That thud all of you heard about an hour and a bit ago? That was my jaw hitting the floor hard when Mike came out from behind that Before picture of himself. WOW!!!

Also just about hit the floor laughing at my Dad during Melissa's spiel that it was never about the money for her and Lance to come on TBL. His reaction was...

Everyone take a giant step away from the red lady so they can avoid the huge lightening bolt headed in her direction.

He also said that not only hasn't she changed, she hasn't learned a thing. When she called out to Bob, I wanted to reach through the screen to slap her. You'd think the audience reaction would have been a clue to her, but obviously not.

Shay looks really awesome and good luck to her w/the Marathon Challenge!!

Now to run to the bathroom and to finish my workout.

genevieve
05-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Wheeeeee Michael! I thought he was having a heart attack once he realized he won though. :o

Cheryl (Daris' mom) looks AWESOME! :cheer2: And big woo hoooooo for Darrell :cheer:

Agree that Koli looked a bit green around the gills. I think the stress of this comp really took its toll on him...when he said all he wanted to do was go home, I believe he meant that very minute. Congratulations to him on the $100K prize and best wishes to him.

PML and Bob not having it when Melissa tried to get him to say he believed her now :lol: