Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Jimena
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Those fried plantains at Maggy and Migdalia's looked delicious :o
They are.

At what time is the special about Eric?

Rob
01-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Those were some huge numbers - I wonder if it was not really one week, but closer to 2or 3 weeks - a few days to a week after the hometown weigh-ins to get everyone there, get the medical tests done, and a week on the ranch.

Nan
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I forgot all about this and just tuned in at the weigh-in. There are a lot of really big people in this group and huge loss numbers for the first week.

Amazing first week weight loss for so many teams. But I'm a bit worried that the producers will not be satisfied until someone drops dead during the first week :scream:

I was thinking much the same thing.

Sassafras
01-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I actually felt bad that any of this bunch had to leave so soon.

genevieve
01-06-2010, 05:50 PM
There were some during the weigh-in that I was hoping would be in the bottom, just because we hadn't heard much about them yet - but then when they told some of their story during weigh in I wanted them to do well. First elimination is such a killer!

One thing - is the brother who went home the one with the knee problem?

PrincessLeppard
01-06-2010, 07:23 PM
I watched part of this show for the first time, but all the grunting and crying really irked me. But I did like that nobody was being coddled.

And what is with the drawn out weigh in and kick off process? Is the hostess trying to impress us with her math skills? "Bob, you have two votes, if you get three more, you are off. Harry, you have one vote, if you get four more, you are off. Guys, there are three teams left. One of them needs to have a lower percentage loss than you, or one of you goes home." I wanted to pelt her with something. How about not having a two hour show if you have to draw it out that way?

That said, I'm partial to the pink team. Obviously. :D

jamesy
01-06-2010, 07:41 PM
One thing - is the brother who went home the one with the knee problem?
Yes.

I don't like the "twist" of the first 2 teams going home for 30 days. As one of them said, they didn't get a chance to even experience the ranch for a short time. What did they learn that they could take home and apply to their lives? Even though one team comes back, they will miss out on some early ranch experiences. And the other team will have gotten nothing. :blah:

my little pony
01-06-2010, 07:43 PM
when Sunshine and ONeal left, didnt they say they were going to help them or something?

Rob
01-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't like the "twist" of the first 2 teams going home for 30 days. As one of them said, they didn't get a chance to even experience the ranch for a short time. What did they learn that they could take home and apply to their lives? Even though one team comes back, they will miss out on some early ranch experiences. And the other team will have gotten nothing. :blah:

I don't like it either - they didn't even get a week. And that gentleman needs a jump start so that (at a minimum) he can tie his own shoes.

jamesy
01-06-2010, 07:51 PM
when Sunshine and ONeal left, didnt they say they were going to help them or something?
Oh, that's right. I forgot that Bob & Jillian said they were going to provide some help. :o While it won't be a full ranch experience, hopefully it will be more substantial than Bob showing up to make lunch with Jenni-O turkey or Jillian teaching them how to store portions in Ziploc freezer bags.

Rob
01-06-2010, 07:56 PM
I expect that Bob and Jillian will show up to train them, but they didn't get that week 1 big number or group support. I especially felt that the Yellow Team needed that boost. The Blue Team daughter looked like she has it in her from what little we saw.

oleada
01-06-2010, 08:00 PM
I thought it as incredibly cruel how they got their hopes up and eliminated them right away. Not right :(

Murdoch
01-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I think they need AT LEAST two weeks on the ranch before getting booted. OR rather than immunity challenges, if everyone finishes, everyone stays. Otherwise, it goes to vote.

FiveRinger
01-06-2010, 10:49 PM
At what time is the special about Eric?

9pm EST on Discovery Health Channel and it repeats 3 hrs later.

Jayar
01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
I wish that they would send the first 10 or so eliminated players to the Fat Camp in Utah. I understand that it postpones the inevitable, but if they are truly committed to getting these people healthy, a month or two at the Fat Camp would help immensely. Or, they could at least keep them on the ranch for two weeks... first week, the team who wins the weigh in gets immunity for the next week, and then they eliminate two at the second weigh in. Help these people get "it" before they send them home.