PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Couples: Season 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

agalisgv
05-19-2010, 09:36 PM
During the weigh-in it looked like Daris and a crush on Ashley

lise
05-19-2010, 09:59 PM
i was watching and man this show brought me to tears; to see how far they have all come is incredible. i think Ashley will win it.

With that said, i noticed a lot of closeness between her and Mike so there could be a blooming romance there.

Koli was smart to get away; he was never going to be able to keep up with the workouts being at home; i wonder why he did not simply go and crash at Sam's house and train with him.

As much as I like Daris, I'm tired of the excuses; he over ate at home; we all saw it, he admitted it in confessional. He needs to see someone about his issues before he gets into a relationship.

AragornElessar
05-19-2010, 10:32 PM
I voted for Koli last night. I like Darius, but Koli was smart to pull himself away from family and friends to fight for the title. He's not trying to win a battle, but the whole war and good for him. I know what it's like to backslide, but why spend 11 weeks on the ranch and then throw in the towel?

No, not smart at all. As Bob tried to tell Koli, leaving home to get away from the distractions just to win a money prize is great if that's all you want to do. *But* if your ultimate goal is to keep the weight off for good, then Koli literally blew it by going to LV. As I said in my first post after last night's show, that's what that 30 Days At Home is all about for the Final Four.

It's a chance for them to go home and have a sneak peek at what's coming inbetween that final at the Ranch weigh in and the break in between that and next Tuesday's Live Finale. It's their time to figure out what's going to work and what won't. If Koli couldn't handle it at home during those 30 days, how is he going to be able to handle the break that happened? How is he going to handle being off the Ranch once next Tuesday's over and done w/?

I'm really starting to wonder about Koli and if he's going to be one of the TBL cast members that gains all that weight back. He's w/out a doubt not happy w/himself and something's going on. I mean...In the latest book this Season's cast is all featured in it, w/the exception of the one picture where he's shown w/Sam in the exercise room, Koli's the only one in any of the pictures of Season 9's Cast who isn't smiling.

Koli looks like a sullen and very angry person and you can see that not only in the expression on his face, but also in his eyes. Now maybe a part of it has to do w/some of what we saw last night w/his Dad. How they don't talk about stuff that's going on w/the family and how Koli's Dad has really never told him he's proud of him... That hit a chord w/me because I *know* my Mom's not proud of me, or I'll ask her if she is and it's always "Of course I'm proud of you, but I'd be even prouder of you if you did this instead of that or if you'd acted this way instead of that..."

I know that's a part of my weight issues because I'd turn to the cookie tin and eat my feelings away instead of facing them. It also makes you really angry and if you don't have anyone to turn to and be able to let off steam w/, it builds up and... I think that might be a bit of what's going on w/Koli. Instead of doing what he needs to do to face all of that and work through it, he's instead focusing on winning TBL and that's all he's focusing on.

Just my $ 0.02 cents Cdn of course, but I just don't see Koli being able to keep the weight off once TBL is over for him. Daris OTOH...Yes, he's struggling right now, but I think in the end he'll figure it out. At least I hope so for his sake.

agalisgv
05-20-2010, 01:43 AM
I wasn't sure if I missed it or not, but was Sam there during the marathon for Koli? I only remember his sister being there.

GaPeach
05-20-2010, 02:56 AM
I wasn't sure if I missed it or not, but was Sam there during the marathon for Koli? I only remember his sister being there.

Only his sister, not Sam.

I started crying with Ashley and her brother--I love her and hope Pink is lucky again!

Rob
05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Daris OTOH...Yes, he's struggling right now, but I think in the end he'll figure it out. At least I hope so for his sake.
I think its a good thing that Daris's mental struggle was with the long term - how will he strike a balance, how will he keep the weight off, will he find love. He was losing the struggle, but at least he was facing it so he has a chance to win it. He's not burying his head in the sand. And, if he can run a marathon in 4 hours he's incredibly fit despite the small weight gain.

venja
05-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I just caught the episode last night, and I agree with the frustrations of not voting due to geographical constraints. ITA with AragornElessar regarding Koli that he's going to struggle if he only is looking to win the game of Biggest Loser and not the game of life. With Daris, it looks like he's at least trying to figure things out while still being on the show and that's a good thing because he may have a handle on things by the time the show is over. For sentimental reasons I want him to win, and with Koli there is something about him that rubs me the wrong way and I cannot put a finger on it. I am thinking that it's his arrogance and his slight game play that I don't really like about him.

Kudos for Sione still being able to run lots despite gaining quite a few pounds. With Matt it's been known that he's been struggling with his weight since being on the show, but it looks like he's somewhat back on track. Ali looks great as usual. I am wondering why we did not see Michelle from season 6 - was she even on at all this season?

AragornElessar
05-20-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't remember seeing Michelle, but I also missed two episodes this season, so...But I don't think so.

Rob
05-20-2010, 10:50 PM
No I don't think we saw her. I think the Helen/Tara/Mike/Ron season was the last time we saw her.

Freespirit
05-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes, I realize that sooner or later you will have to come to terms with keeping the weight off and living a normal life at home, but this is a game show, contest, with a goal in mind, a title, and prize. Finish the game and then go home to "real life". It didn't work for Darius, going home and trying to cope with his new lifestyle. I still say it was a smart move for Koli to train away from home. Sure, he only lost 13 pounds, but that was a far cry better then the 2 pounds gained by Darius. Finish the game!

AragornElessar
05-21-2010, 06:06 AM
This is more than a game show. It might have started out that way, but it's become more than that. It's what got me inspired and lost 40 pounds in the last year and a half. Because if Mike's Dad w/all of his problems w/his knees could do it, then me w/all of the medical problems I've got could too.

This is about getting your life back and if whomever wins this Season gets *that* and gets that prize along w/it, then that's gravy. However, if that person doesn't get it that there's more to this than that prize, then they really haven't won.

Oh and it's Daris. Not Darius. I figure the least we can do after following his journey all Season long is to get the kid's name right.

For those of you in the Boston area, Jillian's going to be there. Here's the info from the daily Fitness Tips e-newsletter from her site...

Hey Boston, Work Out With Me Tomorrow!

I'll be at the Mary O'Malley Waterfront Park in Chelsea, Mass. and I'll lead a fitness challenge for next season's Biggest Loser. Put on your workout attire — no visible logos please — and meet me there. Registration begins at 7 a.m. and filming at 10:30 a.m.

Just thought I'd share that w/anyone interested.

AragornElessar
05-25-2010, 08:26 AM
Just thought I'd bring this up in prep for tonight's Finale.

Will it be Koli or Daris making the Final Three? How does Michael and Ashley look? How did Shay do w/her Challenge and the same w/Erik? Who will win that At Home Prize?

Can't wait to see everyone back and how they've done!!

genevieve
05-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Crossing my fingers for Daris to get in the finals, and either Daris or Michael (not likely, I know) to win!

venja
05-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Based on this blog pic (http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/the-biggest-loser-whos-it-going-to-be.html) they all look great. Koli looks like a skinny person (as he did during the last show) and Michael looks unrecognizable. While I want Daris to make the final, I do not think that he'll win as it looks like he's gone the Sam route and is looking quite muscular. If Ashley continues like Helen or Michelle, she just might pull it off and win.

GaPeach
05-25-2010, 08:23 PM
I love Ashley--her comments are things I would say i.e. Jacob ladder and 3 1/2 minutes :lol:

GO PINK!:cheer2: