PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Couples: Season 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Fridge_Break
05-13-2010, 07:17 AM
I really think it's going to be between Ashley and Mike at this point.

Daris is down to 195 already, and is in ridiculously great shape (a 21 minute 5K? Holy crap, I'm betting he gets a marathon down in under 4 hours, maybe even 3.5 hours). The problem is that he's very near his goal weight and his body fat percentage is very low. I would be surprised to see him lose 15 or 20 more pounds by the finale as his muscle continues to build.

I'm betting Koli is the one who gains 2 pounds next week. He's still probably about 40 pounds outside of his goal weight, but something tells me he's going to not keep up while at home. Additionally, if he's under the yellow line, there's absolutely no way he'll be voted into the final 3 by America.

Mike obviously has so much more weight to lose. Ashley has a good 80 pounds yet that she could shed (although as Freespirit mentioned above, her body proportions are kind of funky, I'm not sure how much that's going to throw things off). I'm wondering how driven Mike will be at home... it'll be between these two for the win, I believe. They're both in a dead heat as far as total percentage lost, so I'm going to guess that whoever comes out on top at the weigh-in next week among these 2 will be the one who takes it all at the finale.

Rob
05-13-2010, 04:22 PM
I have no idea who the +2 will be. I think they are all vulnerable in one way or the other. Koli is confident and seemed to think he was cruising in for the win - he could think he can give himself a pass now and then. Daris seems the most driven (without being overconfident like Koli), but he could gain muscle mass too soon. Ashley is not as strong physically as she could be and might not push herself as hard when she is on her own - she also could fall back into her social life. Mike is very emotional and could fall victim to the fact that he has a long way to go - I can also see him not pushing himself as hard as he could.

In recent seasons, there were always 1-2 contestants who would have surprised the heck out of me if they came back from home with a gain. Like Tara, Ali, Mark, Danny. I don't have that feeling here. Daris would surprise me the most, but I could see him bulking up on muscle fairly soon.

GaPeach
05-13-2010, 07:42 PM
I think the +2 pounds is Koli because Sam moved to be with Stephanie and the dynamics of Koli/Sam relationship has changed.

agalisgv
05-13-2010, 10:18 PM
I think it will be Koli who gains two pounds because it seems they've been setting that up for a few episodes now (Koli doesn't count his calories unlike others).

Rob
05-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I think the +2 pounds is Koli because Sam moved to be with Stephanie and the dynamics of Koli/Sam relationship has changed.
That is true, he won't have a partner at home to work out with for the 30 days. Unless Sam goes home to help him.

Freespirit
05-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Since this is all pre-recorded,the scene with Sam and Stephanie could have been shot after the 30 days at home for all we know. He may have worked out with Koli.

agalisgv
05-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Anyone watching? They're running the marathon.

AragornElessar
05-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Mom and I were watching upstairs and YAY MIKE AND ASHLEY!!!

I'm sad it's Daris that had the +2, but as Mom said, once we saw him eating at night, then... :(

Still...I like his chances of winning the vote off over Koli. Just due to the way Koli's acted the last month or so. I know I wasn't impressed along w/Bob that he didn't stay at home and figure things out. That's the entire purpose of that 30 Days at home. To get an idea of what to expect after that final on the Ranch weigh in and figure out what works and what doesn't.

It just seems to me Koli's more focused on the win than on winning back his life. Does that make sense?

And both Cheryl and Sherry look fantastic. Maria looks good too.

Can't wait for next week and to see everyone back, as well as to see how Shay and Erik did w/their respective Challenges.

Fridge_Break
05-19-2010, 05:11 AM
:wideeyes: Daris' marathon time. Wow.

Hoping Koli gets bounced next week.

Still see it between Ashley and Michael for the win, I was glad to see them be the ones above the yellow line, and especially for Ashley being the biggest loser while at home.

Online voting for the final 3 spot: (hint - vote Daris :P)
http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/vote/register.shtml

AragornElessar
05-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Wish I could vote for Daris, but as I'm in Canada...

Minor pet peeve of mine...We get your shows, but when it's a Reality one like this one, we can't vote. Not fair!!

Especially as all the votes in this house would go to Daris. :)

Still can't get over how well Mike and Ashley did at home. Just fantastic for the both of them.

Not only are my fingers crossed Koli gets tossed next week, but also that Melissa doesn't get that At Home prize money.

GaPeach
05-19-2010, 03:39 PM
So sad about Daris, but I think he still has a chance against Koli. I know he got my votes.

Mike from season 7 is looking great! Sione (?) from season 7--looks like he has been putting on some pounds.

genevieve
05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Wish I could vote for Daris, but as I'm in Canada...

Minor pet peeve of mine...We get your shows, but when it's a Reality one like this one, we can't vote. Not fair!!

If it makes you feel any better, whenever shows have a "live" voting component during the show (like the season the audience got to choose what woman would be on the following season during the finale), only those in EST can participate. West coast wuzrobbed! :P

Rob
05-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Sione and the season 2 winner (Matt?) did look like they'd put on pounds, but they ran 10+ miles with the contestant so I guess they are pretty fit. Ali and Mike look terrific. Ali has clearly made a career out of this.

I feel bad for Daris - he is stressing out so much about his new life that he's doing the midnight binge. Poor kid wants a girlfriend bad.

Koli has the wrong goal. I wonder how he will do at home.

Yay for Mike and Ashley doing so well. Wow, Mike has gone from the 500s to the 200s. That is unreal.

Fridge_Break
05-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Mike from season 7 is looking great!

He really is! I ran into him up at Michigan State back in January and I was amazed what great shape he's in. He's clearly kept up since his run on the show.

I'm seriously wondering if Koli will be able to keep the weight off at home. His focus is on all the wrong things right now. And even at that, he only lost 13 pounds when he was 'away' from home for 3 weeks. Which, still good, but I was expecting a lot bigger number after they emphasized that he was away from all the at-home distractions.

Freespirit
05-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I voted for Koli last night. I like Darius, but Koli was smart to pull himself away from family and friends to fight for the title. He's not trying to win a battle, but the whole war and good for him. I know what it's like to backslide, but why spend 11 weeks on the ranch and then throw in the towel?