PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Couples: Season 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21

Jayar
05-05-2010, 09:21 PM
That was Daniel. If he doesn't win, I can see them doing something like what they did for Shay - an at home challenge to keep him motivated. But I wouldn't mind him coming back at all - his is a multi-year journey.

I'd rather have a special mini-edition where they come back for a month and 7-8 former contestants compete for $50K. They could do it in the summer, etc. We could get 4 episodes of the ranch and then one finale. OR... Michael could be a mentor for next season. He stays on the ranch for x weeks with the contestants, but does not compete...

AragornElessar
05-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Got back from Toronto and SOI weeekend this morning (*very* early this morning) and due to the train leaving at 10pm...I obviously missed the episode last night. Thanks for the details Everyone!!

Sounds like one heck of a tense elimination last night. I missed some of last week's too, due to me getting some last minute items I needed for the trip, but did get back to my sister's in time to see them chasing down the calves. I was sorry to see O'Neal go home, but WOW!!! He looked soooooo great, but the best part to me of seeing him at home now? That clip from the Premiere of his wife needing to tie his shoes for him and then the clip of now and O'Neal being able to do it himself. :)

How many more episodes till the Finale?

sk8pics
05-06-2010, 11:19 AM
I thought Mike was the bigger threat than Sam, so in that regard, I think they made the wrong decision. Sam really doesn't have much weight left to lose, if any. Mike has a lot, obviously. And I had to laugh at Daris asking Mike for a "guarantee" that if he saves Mike now, that Daris' name won't be written down. Has he forgotten Mike's earlier game play? Or that it is a game? On the other hand, Mike clearly still needs to be there, so in that regard, I'm glad he got to stay.

Jayar
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Keeping Sam and Koli in was dangerous for everybody not gray. Had the rules been the same for next week, and Sam fell under the yellow line with either Michael, Daris, or Ashley, they non-Sam would be gone. It made sense to me. Here are where they are:

(Name-Starting weight-pounds lost-# pounds left to lose to hit 50%)
Ashley-374-136-51
Darus-346-141-37
Koli-403-159-42
Michael-526-192-71
Sunshine-275-97-40

Ashely, Darus, Koli, and Sunshine are all going to hit 50 per cent weight loss for sure. I don't think that Michael can win because he would have to lose 5 lbs a week at home to have a shot... every week for more than 2 months. It honestly looks like it is Ashley's to lose if she can make the final. She is still pretty big, and is close to 50% already. Koli will have to get super skinny to win, as would Darus and Sunshine. I think another pink victory.

Nan
05-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I've never done the math on this. Is 50% a magic number? What is it's significance?

jamesy
05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Historically, the winner of each season has lost around 50% of their starting weight. Based on the numbers, even if Michael makes it to the end, the chances of him winning don't look very good.

merrywidow
05-06-2010, 06:03 PM
And don't the final four have to compete in a foot race & elimination if they lose that?

Jayar
05-06-2010, 09:42 PM
And don't the final four have to compete in a foot race & elimination if they lose that?

They don't get eliminated. They usually just have to run a marathon... I don't think Michael could do that even if it is one week before the finale. He's just too big.

genevieve
05-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Haven't the final contestants been determined by the audience the last couple of seasons? So the final 4 train as if they are the final 2 and no one knows until the finale who is really up for the grand prize?

jamesy
05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
In the past couple of seasons, at the F4 weigh-in the 2 people above the yellow line were automatically in the finals and the 2 below the yellow line were left up to audience vote. But, yes, the 2 below the yellow line don't know until finale night which one was actually still in the running for the main prize.

genevieve
05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
ok, thanks for the clarification

venja
05-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Michael-526-192-71

50% of 526 lbs is 263 lbs.

Damn, not to take anything away from Michael, but if he were to win he'd be a 'big' winner. With being around 263 lbs this would be the first winner who would win and still have the potential to lose a lot more weight. Therefore is this a problem with the way the winner is determined, especially if they have heavier people on the show with the potential to lose more weight?

For what it's worth, I'm rooting for Daris to win because he won me over in the last episode, especially with him falling off the treadmill and bouncing back like a spring and continue running. Mad props.

oleada
05-07-2010, 03:21 AM
I'd love Daris to win. He seems like such a nice guy and I like that he hasn't gotten caught up in the drama/gameplay (much). 2 Okie winners in a row would be awesome! :)

Fridge_Break
05-07-2010, 07:14 AM
I'd love to see Daris win, too, but I really don't think it's possible. He's looking like he's in excellent shape, and I really don't think he has that much more to lose (certainly after Sam has left, he's the one remaining who has the least furthest to go). Right now I think that Ashley is looking the best. She's right up there in weight loss and has enough left to lose (and the amount she has is do-able) within the last week on campus, plus the extended time at home, I really think that she can do enough to grab the win. I love to see it, too.

Michael still has soooooo much left to go. But the fact that he's close to losing 50% already is nothing short of remarkable.

genevieve
05-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Ashley seems like a nice person, but she's been such a non-entity on this show (I only finally learned her name maybe a week ago) that I don't want her to win.