View Full Version : Biggest Loser Couples: Season 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

agalisgv
05-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Anyone watch tonight?

The end clip of the person sent home gave me the warm fuzzies :rollin:

Nan
05-05-2010, 04:06 AM
I think the right person went home tonight, for a lot of reasons.

Love the fact that Koli is finding who he is, not just seeing himself as another part of Sam. Ashley is really impressing me, too.

The make-overs this week were great!!

musicgurl
05-05-2010, 04:27 AM
Can anyone spoiler tag it and tell me who went home? I recently moved and haven't been able to watch because I don't have the channel anymore

agalisgv
05-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Sam and Michael were in the bottom two. The people left to decide were Koli, Sunshine, Daris, and Ashley. Teams Gray and Yellow have a strong alliance, so Koli and Sunshine voted to send Michael home. But Daris and Ashley had formed an alliance last week along with Michael to counter the Gray/Yellow duo. So Daris and Ashley voted for Sam to go home.

That left a tie vote. And in the event of a tie, the contestant with the lowest percentage of weight loss automatically goes home. This week that was Sam.

In the after clip, they showed Sam had moved to LA and was living with Stephanie :). The two looked so cute and happy together :rollin:.

musicgurl
05-05-2010, 05:09 AM
Thank you so much. I agree the right person did go home.

Fridge_Break
05-05-2010, 05:09 AM
I haven't read tonight's posts, so sorry if this has been brought up/ranted about/etc.

I can not STAND Koli. Him losing 15 pounds after having immunity the week before and only losing 1, and obviously waterloading, to go spouting off about how his 15 pounds this week was such a freaking awesome success and hard work is complete and utter BULLSHIT. Roughly split his 16 pounds he lost in the last 2 weeks in half and he would have lost 8 this week, and I believe would have dropped him below the yellow line (not gonna do the math on that one). And he knew he was going to pull a big number this week because he knew he manipulated the scale the week before. He even was saying that he knew he didn't need the one pound advantage. Ugh. I REALLY hope he doesn't win. And I wish that Bob & Jillian would have chewed his ass out like they did to Melissa.

Glad to see Sam go. Him staying over Michael with how much more Mike has left to lose would have been such a farce.

genevieve
05-05-2010, 06:28 AM
wheee makeover week!

The girls didn't look that different - Sunshine's makeover hair was great and glam, but I wonder if it was a wig, cause her hair went back to normal after that night. I don't think Sunshine's hair is bad, but it's now the same hair she had. Ashley looks great and seemed more committed to the new hairstyle (even during last chance workout :lol: ) but it's not that different from how she looked before.

But the GUYS! :glamor:

Sam and Koli look great - and I can finally tell them apart, thanks to the strategic facial hair. And now Sam's gone, oh well...

Daris! Wow he looks fab, although once the big night was over and he didn't bother making his hair all Will Shuster-like, the floppy super curls were a big lazy-Simply-Red :saint: But the shorter hair definitely makes his features pop out.

And oh man, Mike is a very good looking guy underneath that cotton candy hair of his! He actually ended up looking a lot like Same did before his makeover. yay makeovers!

When Daris and Koli were on the treadmills in the challenge, and Daris said something like 'you can't give power away to others' or whatever I was wondering if Koli would realize he needs to fight for himself, not for Sam. Of course Koli wouldn't vote off Sam, and not surprised Sunshine didn't either, but it would have been insane to keep Sam around.

...Or maybe not? only 2 pounds since elimination for Sam? Gotta admit, he has been looking great, and if he's happy with his weight who can argue. Nice to see Sam and Stephanie :)

I had no idea that Ashley has lost the most weight on campus of any woman. She really is underestimated - I didn't consider her even an outside chance to win this, but she might be able to pull it off. She and her sister look so alike!!

Rob
05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
...Or maybe not? only 2 pounds since elimination for Sam? Gotta admit, he has been looking great, and if he's happy with his weight who can argue.

I haven't watched this week's show yet, and I haven't seen Sam with his shirt off in a while, but I did notice last week that his arm muscles had filled out a lot. Is he pared down to the point where increased muscle could make him gain/not lose weight? I remember one of the past contestants purposely put on a lot more muscle mass after the show was over and played pro arena football - so he weighed quite a bit more than he did at the end of the show, but he was stronger and very fit. He was considered to be one of the success stories and not a "gained his weight back" story.

Speaking of past contestants, we should be seeing Shay soon, and isn't Erik Chopin supposed to come back and weigh in at the finale. Maybe he won't if he hasn't done anything about his weight.

Nan
05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Koli is playing the game (and it IS a game with a great prize at the end) and I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I am glad to see he is finally playing it for himself, not Sam.

Rob
05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I went and looked at the makeover photos. They all look great, esp Mike. I wouldn't have picked a flashdance with leggings look for either Sunshine or Ashley - did they pick their own clothes or did they have a Tim Gunn type to help them?

genevieve
05-05-2010, 04:56 PM
I haven't watched this week's show yet, and I haven't seen Sam with his shirt off in a while, but I did notice last week that his arm muscles had filled out a lot. Is he pared down to the point where increased muscle could make him gain/not lose weight? .
We didn't see him with his shirt off at all, but in the update, he looked way more than 2 lbs fitter, so I'd say he increased muscle mass while eliminating more fat. He appeared totally happy with everything :)

Stephanie looked great too.

GaPeach
05-05-2010, 06:19 PM
I wouldn't have picked a flashdance with leggings look for either Sunshine or Ashley - did they pick their own clothes or did they have a Tim Gunn type to help them?

I was wondering what disco they were going to go to!:lol:

Mike has beautiful eyes and I'm so glad he wasn't eliminate.

Koli pissed me off with his little after weigh-in speech--he threw the weigh-in last week. Let's see what he does next week when it is going to count!

genevieve
05-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I also felt kinda bad when Mike was the only one who still had to shop at the large men's store...but it seemed to motivate him. I agree with Mike that he really needs to still be at the ranch, feels like he could go either way once he goes home, keep working or go back to his old lifestyle. Seeing his sisters, esp the one who was crying, seemed to motivate him further, hopefully when he gets home they will continue to work together.

Nan
05-05-2010, 06:52 PM
There was one guy (sorry, I can't think of his name) who came back for a second season on the ranch. What do you think Mike's chances are of doing a second season? There was a comment made in the previews for next week, I think, that he is down to where Daris started.

Rob
05-05-2010, 07:31 PM
That was Daniel. If he doesn't win, I can see them doing something like what they did for Shay - an at home challenge to keep him motivated. But I wouldn't mind him coming back at all - his is a multi-year journey.